Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just handed my last assignment in for my apprenticeship.. which means im technically finished and fully trained. Pretty chuffed right now. To make it even more of an achievement I've managed to cram 3 years of work into just under 2 years as some knob higher up filled my enrolment form up and said I was going direct entry into 2nd year.

Just gotta wait for the certificates!

It's what he would have wanted...

No it isn't.

That's precisely why I will be doing it.

The colossal turd actually asked me to arrange it so that he would specifically not have his organs used after his death.

Despite his late wife having needed a transplant.

No it isn't.

The colossal turd actually asked me to arrange it so that he would specifically not have his organs used after his death.

Sounds like a charming chap.

No it isn't.

Hmm, that sort of calls for getting him with infected MRSA or something that would make his organs inadmissible...

In the UK, it used to be that you had to opt into being a donor on your driving license.

It is now that you have to opt out.

He wanted me to make sure he was opted out.  I could go on about the guy for hours.

All the guys at work have heard about him endlessly.

I'm not saying I'd kill him but I wouldn't try very hard to save him if I was in such a situation.

That really *fruitcage*s me off. It grates when you have people close to you die 'young' or 'before their time', yet sacks of *suitcase* like that just keep plodding on, being *Ubarflock* into old age.

Edit, have you actually arranged for him to opt out? Surely that's for him to sort? And if you 'forgot', it may be a nice parting shot to reveal when he's shuffling off...

In the UK, it used to be that you had to opt into being a donor on your driving license.

It is now that you have to opt out.

He wanted me to make sure he was opted out.  I could go on about the guy for hours.

All the guys at work have heard about him endlessly.

I'm not saying I'd kill him but I wouldn't try very hard to save him if I was in such a situation.

Engand and NI still have Opt In, while Wales and Scotland have gone for the opt out.

You can still opt someone in after they've died, just as at the moment the next of kin can opt someone out even though they've registered to be a donor.

When my sister died her husband thankfully had no problem agreeing to her organs being used, so she helped save a 7 year old girl with a kidney, a woman in her 50s with another kidney, and two lads in their 20s, one with part of her liver and the other with her lungs.

Organ donation should be 'mandatory' in the sense that anything usable should just be used. The only 'opt out' should be medical - if there's a medical reason why the organ or tissue can't be used, such as infectious disease or whatever.

People are dying on transplant lists while suitable organs are going to waste. The dead don't need organs.

That really *fruitcage*s me off. It grates when you have people close to you die 'young' or 'before their time', yet sacks of *suitcase* like that just keep plodding on, being *Ubarflock* into old age.

Edit, have you actually arranged for him to opt out? Surely that's for him to sort? And if you 'forgot', it may be a nice parting shot to reveal when he's shuffling off...

He's *suitcase* with computers (of course) so I opted him out.

I may have *fruitcage*ed that up though.  I'm so clumsy.

I went to London yesterday.

Ordinarily that would be in the "My Eye" thread.  However.  I was going for my 10th wedding anniversary, I went to Madame Tussaud's wax works.

Most of it was a bit rubbish really.  I did know who nearly all of the people were.  A couple of the world leaders stumped me and some Youtube "celebrities".

Glad to see Einstein, Brunel, Hawking and Newton represented.

Anyway, the point of this rambling garbage is that, as previously mentioned, most of the wax works were a bit rubbish.  Two of them were just amazing though.

Morgan Freeman was bananas and Helen Mirren was bewitching.

I had the weirdest feeling that she was real and just standing still for a prank.

So beautiful.

Then I took my wife to the Science Museum.

That museum is *fruitcage* AWESOME.

They have all sorts of astonishingly cool things, including Babbage's Difference engine #2.

I wish I could have seen if working but it was pretty cool to see it static.

Decent day out.

Right.

So I asked the staff where the difference engine is and I *suitcase* you not, they sent me to a clock from some old cathedral.

There are three pieces of it there.

On the ground floor there is the demonstration model in a case, on the 2nd floor in the Maths bit there is another demonstration piece and in the landing of the stairwell between Maths and Energy on the 2nd floor is the full size difference engine #2.

They have V2 rocket engines and a cutaway turbopump from one.  They have one of the 2nd/3rd stage rocket motors from Saturn V and a complete V2.

They also have a legit Apollo Command Module.  Apollo 10.  It is the only one outside the US.

They have a big case of mechanical calculators that does not contain a Curta.  WTF?

GTA with Tink last night.

We discovered that if you destroy a fighter with the first of 8 missiles you fire, the rest of the missiles slam into the flaming wreckage.

This new DLC is really brilliant.  It has finally allowed me to have a Buzzard that is pink.  It has made the flare gun actually distract heat seeking missiles and it has introduced a load of new planes.

The planes are pretty cool, however, none of them are as good as the Buzzard, Savage, Lazer combo.

Savage is an absolute animal.  Just pounding things with missile after missile and the cannon is bananas.

Lazer has two cannons and is as fast and nimble as *fruitcage*.

Buzzard is quick, maneuverable, has missiles and the miniguns aren't terrible.  Now that it can be pink and you can have a buddy spamming flare pistol rounds out the side it becomes even better

My hangar is in Fort Zancudo so I have free access to unlimited free Lazers.  Brill.

Tink, Chewie and I got into a mission last night where we were in a huge furball dogfight with 3 of us, 3 cargo planes and infinite respawning enemy jets.

Amazing fun.

It was so much fun, even 'accidentally' driving an HGV into the back of Stunts plane and exploding it just before he delivered the chemicals didn't dampen my spirits.

Totally an accident. ;)

Also I found an amazing podcast of people playing D&D. Its *fruitcage* hilarious. One guy knocked an orc out by launching a pillow at him. Love it.

I played a lot of Shadowrun when I was younger, I remember we had a troll archer.

Trolls are monstrously strong and this one was augmented.

Bow weapons do damage based on the strength of the user.

We played for months until we finally confronted the Dragon Dunkelzahn (Powerful magic actual dragon who owns a huge megacorps).

The troll one-shotted him with a diamond coated arrow and a lot of kharma/combat pool dice.

GM was furious.

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Archived