Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

The wizard levelled up and now apparently knows a spell that greases the floor for a 15 foot radius.

GREASES. THE FLOOR.

This, coupled with his pre-existing spell which can summon a 5 foot by 5 foot block of wood has lead to an highly entertaining 'zombie bowling' experience.

It makes me want to play D&D :(

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used that spell to lock a boss stunned some time ago. He would run across it and slip or something, combined with a enter/leave based AOE spell? Fire orb or something.

Other idea i had was to use fog spell and familiar. The familiar would be a bat with echo location, and then i could use that to transfer touch based spells through the familiar in the fog. Never did try it though.

I played as a rigger in Shadowrun, you use a neural link to control vehicles and drones.

Normally they are non-combat scrawny types.

I was a fairly capable merc with the perk "bland" (people can't really remember anything about you unless they are looking at you).

Instead of vehicles I had a TRAP (Telepresent Rapid Aiming Platform).  Basically a gun turret that you carry to a roof top, nail into place and leave there.

It had an autocannon with a suppressor on it and a sensor suite of thermal, low light, ultrasonic and regular scope.

Most of the time all I would do is use skills to sneak into a building, set up the trap, link in to it and then any time my team needed fire support I could provide that for hundreds of meters in all directions.  Through buildings if necessary.

No recoil to worry about due to it being a turret.

No reloading due to belt fed.

Since I was wired directly to it and using a modified deck I used intelligence instead of initiative so I was faster than even the most insanely wet-wired street samurai.

I was basically min-maxing the game and the GM didn't like that.

My weapon skill was so high I could basically take the -8 modifier for blind fire on the chin and kill people I couldn't see just by guessing where they were.

Good times.

Last time I played D&D (original edition of course), I was playing some weak skirted mumbler, and had a scroll with a portal spell which would open up a portal through anything solid, 3ft wide by 6ft deep.

We were in a narrow dungeon corridor, I was at the back and some guards attacked.

Blocking all the fighters, I pulled out the scroll and activated it at the guards, ripping a cylindrical whole through all of them.

I had the highest kill count that game :)

Where were you guys when I was growing up? I missed out on all this :(

and now I've nobody to play it with :(

Playing with yourself can be fun, so I've heard ;)

I miss having a good gaming group. I've been so lucky, at school we had an excellent GM Simon, who encouraged us to think outside the box. At college we needed to do more than 15 hours a week to be full time students, and A levels were only 5 each, so students had to do extra activities. I joined the role playing club, and again we had an excellent GM and much hilarity (We played Star Wars once, at Bespin just before the Empire arrived. Our incompetence - including an alcoholic failed Jedi who managed to slice his own leg off - was the real reason for Bespin's destruction).

Are games workshops not a totally awkward environment, populated by shut-ins?

Yeah.

He's trying to meet people into RP.

You want crocodiles, you go to the swamp.

i don't have a 'local' games workshop. 

Also no, you move up here. Houses are cheaper, innit. 

My job only exists here.  You can do your job anywhere.

House prices irrelevant, you will live in my spare room.

I know what you mean, my animal shelter has over 20 dogs and cats from Texas. I have been trying to help them find homes here in NY.

Some part of me feels worse for the animals, because they really don't know what happened and why they lost their homes and their people. And now, I worry that some might end up in a kill shelter if we can't get them adopted. Couldn't even imagine their fear.

Dogs tend to be adopted more than cats, so I try to reach out on facebook to people on cat groups who would be willing to take in older cats.

A few days ago I came across a story of a poor 12 year old kid who's been diagnosed with cancer.

He's a big Warhammer 40K fan and Space Wolves are his favourite so the 40K is joining together to support the lad. People are sending all sorts of stuff: best wishes painted models, new in box models, books (including some rare signed copies), there's even a whole bunch of people building him his own set of Cosplay power armour and weapons and there's a gofundme to help with the financial issues arising around him being hospitalised as well as hopefully let him do some cool things.

It's just wonderful seeing such an outpouring of support from strangers. Cancer in all its forms is atrocious but when it affects someone so young it's really harrowing.

#BrandsWolves

A few days ago I came across a story of a poor 12 year old kid who's been diagnosed with cancer.

He's a big Warhammer 40K fan and Space Wolves are his favourite so the 40K is joining together to support the lad. People are sending all sorts of stuff: best wishes painted models, new in box models, books (including some rare signed copies), there's even a whole bunch of people building him his own set of Cosplay power armour and weapons and there's a gofundme to help with the financial issues arising around him being hospitalised as well as hopefully let him do some cool things.

It's just wonderful seeing such an outpouring of support from strangers. Cancer in all its forms is atrocious but when it affects someone so young it's really harrowing.

#BrandsWolves

It's lovely when people come together like that.

I used to play Earth and Beyond and there was a chap on there who died of sudden adult death whilst playing one night. The developers placed his ship in it's final position as a tribute to him. Interacting with it would provide healing I believe.

And then there's this:

1716075_700b.jpg

Archived