Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

"hello, Farrell hayworth estate agents"

"Oh hi. I'm looking for a 3 bed semi in leafy suburbia."

"certainly sir. What name please to register with us please?"

"call me Devil. Even numbered houses please, between 664 and 668 cheers."

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received my certificates which means I've officially qualified as a HGV Technician :)

And to top it off my wife and I have finally saved enough for a decent deposit on a house. So now we can start house hunting.

So far this is a good week!

Dibs. I'm excercising my right as moderator to commandeer that deposit for my own uses ;).

Congrats

I successfully shot down a second plane with an LMG on Battlefield 1 last night, and FINALLY unlocked the other LMG I've been working on for weeks.

Shouts of jubilation were loud and plentiful... But not nearly so much as my venting the increasingly frustrated rage over the past few days as I unsuccessfully attempted the feat over and over again - accidentally destroying the plane with the anti aircraft gun before being able to switch over and finish it off with my LMG, getting sniped before the plane dies or - most annoyingly of all - running out of ammo and having to reload *just* before getting the kill shot.

Might not seem like a lot, but I went to bed happy with myself for finally having done it.

Brilliant, isn't it?

I love hard work paying off.

I am at about a 30% chance to dodge incoming homing missiles in the Buzzard in GTA Online and improving.

I also managed to save up and buy all the stuff I wanted in the last DLC without buying a Shark Card.

Got the Hunter last night.

So far the Hunter that spawned in the Smuggler's Run resupply missions had a garbage non-explosive machine gun on the front turret.

Turns out that the one you can buy has the option to upgrade the cannon to explode like the Valkyrie.

300,000 GTA$ is cheap for that.

Almost as agile as the Buzzard, tough as hell, astonishing fire power and can be spawned right next to you using the Gerald glitch.

Amazing.

The liveries are garbage though.

I don't know about hard work - it's mostly luck. If your bullet is the one that does the final 1 point of damage, you get the kill. An LMG can't do enough damage to totally destroy a plane (especially since they can self repair) so you've got to be a kill-stealing tw*t or have another strategy, like using an AA gun until the plane is on fire then trying to jump off it and get your LMG up into the aim in time to get the kill shot before the burning wreck explodes by itself or crashes into a building or something.

THEN when you've done all that, you have to do it AGAIN, because you need two for the challenge.

Very annoying.

I'm on another annoying one now, for the sniper - get 1 vehicle kill with the K-bullet (an anti armour round for the sniper rifle) which does about 1-2 damage to tanks or maybe up 20 to soft vehicles. You get 5 rounds unless you have an ammo pack nearby to resupply and - again - just need to kill steal or have some friend on the other team just sit on a motorbike while you try to blow it up.

Actually, that might work...

Get one with an extra room for airsoft stuff. It significantly postponed the "you have too many guns" argument. ;)

For me the key is a Garage.. the Mini needs somewhere to kip for the winter and I need somewhere to rip its engine out whilst its sleeping! 

We are going to see a place on Friday that needs a lot of work and is just within our budget, not leaving enough spare cash for said work (but it's just about liveable I reckon, wifey doesn't).. BUT it has a HUGE brick double garage that you can probably get 2 cars deep in, so loads of space for work benches, tools and of course the other mini.. So I wants it so so hard. But it might not be the one we will see! 

I had to give up my dream house for the one I live in now. The one I wanted had a huge basement, as in a one bedroom flat huge. It had four bedrooms that were all large (two in the loft as it was an old victoriana style house) and two bathrooms, plus a downstairs toilet with a walking shower. It needed working doing to it (all cosmetic and nothing major). The problem was it was in a slightly odd area (right next to an industrial estate), the nearest school was ages away and no shops within 15 minute walking distance.

It was brilliant though. But, the garden did need major work doing to it and no garage (oddly). I am glad I didn't go for it as it wouldn't have been fair on the children (what with no park near by and the area was a little rough). Also, where I am now, I am five minutes from three pubs, ten minutes from a further 6 pubs and three restaurants (two pubs do food as well). Loads of shops too and a decent bus service. Suppose the point I'm trying to make is it's not just the house, it's the area and what you want/need from the area you want to live in.

Bit heavy for a (Warhammer) Wednesday night.

I got the K-bullet kill just now, on a light tank that was almost dead and (fortunately) hadn't seen me. One round into the side of the turret.

Happy days!

Edit: that house sounds pretty awesome, I'd love a big cellar, if it was dry - utility space, workroom, man cave and rifle range all come to mind...

Most new garages are small. Big enjoy for a (proper) mini like yours, but I'm going to have to roll the corrado out to work on it, really.

Bear in mind you can get pre-fab ish timber garages for about 2 grand, plus a bit for insulation and wiring etc. Makes houses with no garage but big garden a contender - its something we were considering.

For me the key is a Garage.. the Mini needs somewhere to kip for the winter and I need somewhere to rip its engine out whilst its sleeping!

We are going to see a place on Friday that needs a lot of work and is just within our budget, not leaving enough spare cash for said work (but it's just about liveable I reckon, wifey doesn't).. BUT it has a HUGE brick double garage that you can probably get 2 cars deep in, so loads of space for work benches, tools and of course the other mini.. So I wants it so so hard. But it might not be the one we will see!

Be aware, if you don't have cash for refurbishment, it will cause friction between you and her.

Our whole house needed renovating, and we stretched to buy it as it's in a fantastic area, but it's taking ages to do up.

It's not so bad as I am handy, but getting someone in would cost a fortune.

Food for thought. At times my wife has just wanted to sell up and buy a new build..

You haven't gone camping until you lived in a house that needs serious repair.

Define "needs a lot"? Cosmetic repair only, or a total flip? Schmook is right, and on top of causing relationship problems, it could also put you in debt from the moment you officially own it. If you are not doing the work yourself, then having someone doing the work can make you go bald from all the hair you are going to pull from your head.

I helped flip two houses in my life, and frankly, I'd rent before I do it myself (which I kinda am, I guess). You really have to be a certain person, with a decent bank account. Even/especially if you do the work yourself. Get it inspected, thoroughly.

Going for new build isn't much better, except you should NOT work on it if something isn't right, because the builder'll use that fact to weasel out of all responsibilities, likr they were an insurance vompany, unless you have bigger lawyers than they have.

I got refunded half the return shipping on the mistaken Mytholon order, it turns out.

Also, despite crashing yesterday, then waking up and staying up until 2AM I feel functional.

Maybe I'll do an Iron Banana run in Destiny today.

I found something during work today that amused me.  Out on the airport ramp, right on the yellow guideline I was walking down for inspection before our one regular flight for the day came in, I found a certain white plastic pellet familiar to us all.  I picked it, wondering how it got there of all places, since I haven't had any on me in what feels like years, and it was too far forward of where the cargo bin for an earlier flight would have been.

I just wish it had been the case of a player flying out to play at some event or coming back from one, and that I would have gotten to chat with the person.

I miss playing so much.

Archived