Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Renting sucks.

Being on benefits sucks.

Wifey being stuck in hospital over Xmas sucks.

Trying not to consider if this is the last Xmas she'll see sucks the most.

*suitcase*, sorry, this is supposed to be the happy thread.

Er...

Got an Xmas card with my youngest niece's writing on it for the first time... It's just about legible.

Yeah, that's not getting recycled in the New Year.

Cheers buddy.

If you happen across a real-life Dr House, let me know. Beyond that, there's not much to be done.

*shrug*

It is what it is. I don't like to moan about it, just brings everyone down and doesn't improve anything.

Edit:

Am wrapping presents while listening to Xmas music and drinking Maplemoon ale which I acquired from B&M - very tasty, and not expensive at all. Winner.

Dr I saw last week was amazing.

He kinda only does carpal tunnel and vasectomy operations though.

Too much tugging and you may as well stop producing swimmers?

:P

Hedge, I want to click 'like' on your posts, but don't, as I'm sure you know what I mean. Hard to convey via the written word, and I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but are you ok? Life can be a proper twat, and having to carry a burden (I know your wife isn't a burden, again, struggling to describe, but I'm sure you get it) is hard. I'm hoping you have a means of griping to someone, be it family or friend. Bottling it is a bad thing. I have no doubt that if you ask, most of the folk here will pm you a phone number just so you can vent if needed, me included.

We're only as awesome as our least awesome member.

Wait.

That came out wrong.

In reality though, some of you guys I count as actual friends, far much more so than some people I've met and spent time with in the outernet. Of course we look out for each other, because most of us are decent people, and that's what decent people do.

It's an odd thing to say, but holding things in can be extremely damaging long term. But, and this is the crux of it, it can be really hard to say how we feel. It's not a weakness, though it can make us weak.

I've had some of my best conversations online for different reasons. Same with going to an airsoft field for the first time and being able to strike up a conversation with complete strangers. I find this hobby (from personal experience) to be less 'serious' than some of my other hobbies.

Hedge, if you're about Christmas day or boxing day and need to blow off some steam, feel free to pm me. I can bug you for Aug info.

What do you need to know, bud?

Slightly related, anyone have a 3D printer? I've got a G36 C-mag that I want to print an AUG magazine-top for (if that makes sense) - the magazine shaped part that goes into the rifle appears to be screwed in place and looks like it could be replaced to allow the same C-mag base to be used with multiple different AEGs (M4, G36, AK, etc) but I've not seen an AUG one.

The usual , is the jing Jong worth the money or is the asg better value (when on a budget). Then what upgrades to avoid (been done the route of upgrading when I really didn't need to). For perspective I just want a skirmish-able aeg Aug that's alright (not fantastic just alright).

Sorry to say I don't have a 3d printer (though I keep looking at a few models and drooling).

I'd probably say the ASG if you're on a budget that doesn't stretch to TM.

Although I hear good things about the GFG.

I just want someone to sell me the barrel & receiver from the A3 XS (TM High Cycle) but they must be so reliable that no one has broken a stock/gearbox beyond repair.

As for upgrades, you'll want a metal feed nozzle, tightbore barrel and metal hop unit. Dean's connectors and a good MOSFET, obviously, so you can use LiPo packs while protecting the trigger contacts. The gearbox and motor are probably okay unless you want crazy RoF.

Doc is the man to speak to, if he's still active on here. He did all the upgrades on both my AUGs, G36 and a couple of my friends' AUGs as well. He's been out of airsoft for a while but is getting back in.

To whoever it's was that posted about moving (I really cba to go back and look), I can tell you that moving just before Christmas is not a good idea. The extra stress almost broke up me and the other half.

As for what made me happy, watching the airsoft community come together on social media to call out an elitist idiot. Some guy went on a rant about how speedsoft ruins the game and everyone should play "properly". Within an hour there were over 450 comments, 95% of which were telling him to pull his head out of his *albartroth*

To whoever it's was that posted about moving (I really cba to go back and look), I can tell you that moving just before Christmas is not a good idea. The extra stress almost broke up me and the other half.

As for what made me happy, watching the airsoft community come together on social media to call out an elitist idiot. Some guy went on a rant about how speedsoft ruins the game and everyone should play "properly". Within an hour there were over 450 comments, 95% of which were telling him to pull his head out of his *albartroth*

It was me, don’t worry though the actual move etc won’t be until end of January time so there will be minimal stress. Wouldn’t be so bad before christmas anyway, neither of us are overly bothered about the holiday and our flatnis so small it would literally take half a day tops to pack it up!

Slightly related, anyone have a 3D printer? I've got a G36 C-mag that I want to print an AUG magazine-top for (if that makes sense) - the magazine shaped part that goes into the rifle appears to be screwed in place and looks like it could be replaced to allow the same C-mag base to be used with multiple different AEGs (M4, G36, AK, etc) but I've not seen an AUG one.

If I might do a suggest:

The AUG magazine latches use some very sharp acute angles which would make them pretty unsuitable for 3D printing, and at pretty much any price point it'd be very expensive.

If you have a spare or dead AUG hicap that you can butcher to make an adaptor, that would probably be stronger and cheaper to make.

I do have a spare hi cap that I could use for that, but I was hoping for an easier option (easier for me, at least).

I know there's a 3D printed M4 mag adapter for the AUG, currently on version 2.5 I think, so it is doable. How good it is, I'm not sure. The v1 was useless without so many modifications that you might as well have started from scratch.

I do have a spare hi cap that I could use for that, but I was hoping for an easier option (easier for me, at least).

I know there's a 3D printed M4 mag adapter for the AUG, currently on version 2.5 I think, so it is doable. How good it is, I'm not sure. The v1 was useless without so many modifications that you might as well have started from scratch.

If you'd like, you could PM me some images of the Drum and the interface with the G36 feed tower removed and I'll see what I can do, but for something that size and requiring good strength I'd probably be going with SLS Nylon to avoid delamination and a smooth feed path for good feeding. Which will be pricey.

To give you an idea of how pricey: Using a rough estimate of 18x10x3cm, you'll be looking at £60 plus VAT plus postage.

You could go with PLA in a standard FDM printer but you'll have a *fruitcage* horrible time of smoothing out the feed path and making sure the latch on the back of the magazine that the mag catch acts on doesn't tear itself off or delaminate, given you'll be hanging a big, heavy drum off it. And it will still cost you somewhere in the £20-30 range.

3D printing can do a lot of things. You can manufacture geometries that simply cannot ever be made by subtractive processes and you can prototype things really quickly - but it's not the be-all-and-end-all magic bullet that a lot of people seem to assume it is.

I'd say your best bet is to fabricate a new feed tower from a dead AUG hicap, JB weld and a suitably sized spring for a feed tube.

What do you need to know, bud?

We have a 3D printer at work.

I'd be able to do it for free but it seems like it's not a great idea.

.I don't do the design side of things but I can get designs printed.

Archived