Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this place.

14th consecutive New Year with no Hangover Fairy.

I always pictured him as a monkey though.

He climbs into your house through a first floor vent window, *suitcases* in your bed, wipes his *albatross* with your tongue, hits you in the head with a mallet then goes through your pockets and takes your phone, wallet and keys (leaving a load of coins).

He goes downstairs, makes a sandwich, leaves the fridge open and all the food all over the kitchen, then leaves the door open on the way out and drops your keys on the doorstep.

Successfully went to the cinema and watched Star Wars. Wifey managed to stay awake through most of it, too, which is a bonus, even after her Oxygen ran out ten minutes before the end...

Since someone stupidly didn't bring the spare cylinder that was actually *full* - d'Oh!

Turns out, privatization isn't that bad after all. I sent a scan of a plenipotency form to the power company after it turned out that I wasn't authorized to represent my parents despite all the bills being paid from my account for a decade now and my phone number being in the company's database (the contract was signed by my stepdad, though). I asked them if that's enough, and unusually for the cult of paper copy in this sick sad country, it was enough!

In case you're wondering, over here, government workers aren't civil servants - they don't act like servants and they certainly aren't civil.

Some arcane combination of turning it off and on again, changing usb cables and hard shorting the reset has meant that I've got the left hand board putting out left hand characters!

Great success!

Also may have worked out what's wrong with the right hand boards, but it requires almost 80% dissassembly to fix :(

I took advantage of a Land Warrior's 5.11 sale and ordered myself some of their defender flex jeans. I currently own no jeans and haven't for about 5 years (stopped after having to wear them whilst being bar back at my pub/club and getting some horrible chafing).

Now here's hoping they're not sodding slim fit, no mention of it on LWA but still kinda worried they might be.

I'm drinking Old tom beer.

This may end up in the my eye thread. Not even finished 2 and I can feel them. And they are diddy bottles. And I'm at home.

I'm no stranger to it, and have had some brutal sessions on it in the pub, but still.

It's a beast of a drink!

Archived