Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Not quite.

Academy make not-particularly externally accurate replicas of the Daewoos but they are either springers or LPAEGS with propietary plastic gearboxes.

Toystar make Daewoo AEGs which take TM spec V2 gearboxes and M4 AEG magazines, which are also more accurate to the real ones externally. They also make springer versions which are the same externals with a special V2 gearbox shaped spring mech, which means you can get the springer versions for cheaper, then drop a standard V2 gearbox and motor into it, replace the hop up unit and barrel with an M4 one and Robert's your father's brother.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the room. Now the real fun of this year can begin.

To do list:

•Do CBT/Bike course

•Get a motorbike

•Learn to drive

•Continue losing weight until I'm happy with my body

•Pick up some first aid/responder courses to freshen myself up

•Try and be a bit more sociable with my friends

Ended up exchanging on the house today.. a little delay from the seller but no biggy it has gone through today so all in all a good day!

Just grabbed myself an Oreo shake from BK to celebrate.. good Lord it's amazing!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good go at the boxes in the garage, found a few bits I've been looking for, which was good.

A random rain shower stopped play though, so didn't get through all the boxes. Have to have another go next week - I'm busy with cadets tomorrow.

The reason you need petrol garden tools is really really simple.

In the UK we have 240v and on a domestic circuit you can have a maximum of 13a.

The maximum power then is 3120 watts.

That is approximately 4 horsepower   If you go above that you blow out circuit breakers, if you get anywhere near that with a device that has an electric motor you blow the breaker with inrush current meaning you seldom get motorised devices with more than 2.5kw to 3kw.

My mower has a 140cc engine, meaning that since it is tuned for a single rpm point you can do a rule of thumb for specific output.

Non turbo engines have a specific output between 60 and 100 hp per litre depending on quality (F20C in the Honda S2000 was 125hp/l).

Best case scenario then is about 14hp, realistic power is 8 to 10.

I'd be blowing breakers all over the house.

Plus, the Pinz has a jerry can in the side with the right fuel and uses the same engine oil.  No extra logistical burden.

Plus, IT HAS AN ENGINE!

Engines am best because ENJINZ!

Edit, tbh though, an electric mower is fine for most applications. My first house had a big garden and I managed fine with electric. Having a petrol mower would have made no difference to anything. They only come in to their own if you're using them away from a power source, or cutting overgrown land and need the extra oomph.

They are also pricey buggers too!

I have an old school petrol mower that I've inherited from wifey's grandparents needs some tlc to get it up and running properly. Also have an electric mower for the new place. But engines for the win absolutely!!

Also just picked up a 6 month old Samsung double fridge freezer with ice and water dispenser for just over 150quids.. absolute bargain. Proper chuffed with that, I do love a bargain.

Only a week till we move in I can't wait!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bargains are ace!

Just got 100 sandstone flags off a mate as his wife wandering their garden re modelling. Their landscaper even cleaned most of the cement blobs off and delivered them to mine which saved me a ton of hassle! He said he only wanted 20 quid for doing that too so it was a no brainer.

Just cleaning them up now for laying next week!

Bargains are ace!

Just got 100 sandstone flags off a mate as his wife wandering their garden re modelling. Their landscaper even cleaned most of the cement blobs off and delivered them to mine which saved me a ton of hassle! He said he only wanted 20 quid for doing that too so it was a no brainer.

Just cleaning them up now for laying next week!

About 800 quid worth there.

Nice.

Just changed my gas and electricity supplier over and saved 24 quid a month.

That's a pretty big deal.

Also, all my energy is now renewable apparently.

Also, I got a £50 quid credit for using some dude's referral code.

If anyone wants to check the website to see if they could save money too I can provide a referral link that will get us both £50 in credit.

It's bulb.co.uk and they do all renewable energy.

Archived