Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever installed my car's stereo needs flogging.

The car only has 2 speakers, and they'd wired them to right rear and right front.

I was sat wondering why the music sounded wrong for ages.

As I said on Discord yesterday, American PUBG players are slow. Basically, if you have ever seen the hell that's happening on EU servers, NA servers are the easy mode.

If I can initiate a long-range firefight against an opponent hiding in a building and survive it, or nail two dipweeds crawling into a house through two different windows 30 seconds apart (miraculously not getting into a firefight outside before that), and pings still are acceptable, I can and will go with that.

Leaving my job, and they've put me on garden leave for the last 2 weeks of my notice.

Getting paid to sit in the garden with a beer, or tinker with my airsoft kit, or work on the car, or go to the rifle range.

Basically getting paid to do anything but work.

Thats exactly what it means. Go sit in your garden and don't get involved with business things. :p

I'm going to a competitor, they want me out of the building while my replacement solidifies his position with the customer base. 

I had to give 12 weeks notice. They made me work 11 of them. 

My customers are already briefed and are keen to use an independent. The big national merchants just don't show the love to the little guys.

2 hours ago, Hedganian said:

I was promoted to Sergeant at tonight's Company meeting.

If you were a cop you would now owe cakes to your team. 

Thems are the rules. 

Also, congrats. Promotion is not to be taken lighty and I have genuine smiles for you :)

I got a 'fine' for being 'incorrectly dressed' - that's the usual way.

If we'd been on a weekend or annual camp, it'd be a bottle of port for the mess. Not too bad, about a tenner or so.

As it was, just had to stick some money in the charity box.

It's kinda a joke thing, not really serious. Just a way to get money in the charity tin.

Buying cake on your birthday makes sense - you only have one a year.

But yeah, our bar prices are pretty cheap. It's not really run for profit, and the bar staff are volunteers.

Archived