Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Bah, too old and wrong nationality...

Two weeks and I'll be in London from 1st to 15th without a schedule... And only required visits are IWM locations...

Wouldn't mind buying a pint for some of you blokes if I happen to meet any og you.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Two weeks and I'll be in London from 1st to 15th without a schedule... And only required visits are IWM locations..

If you don't mind a bit of travelling I highly recommend Duxford, just try to get there early as there's a lot to see 

https://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford#teaser_listing_4540

(Sorry for the double post)

Survived the humidity out at the local field somehow.  RPK functioned fine though outranged by some r-hopped hpa folks.  Still have issues with my kalashes but that is about par the course for any excursion.

Feel like I just did two days of work on the line in a row...

• 2 weeks later...

Question is, did you make the shopkeep's purse heavier?

Partizan suit arrived last week, and finally opened my box of bits that I ordered.  Suit being a 48-5 in Russian sizing was a bit more snug than I expected but to be fair a 50-4 is my m88 set sizing.  Finally got a working selector for my mishmash full stock kalash, and the space for my rpk seems to be helping with magazine fitment.  Funniest bit was that the additional 45 rounder style mag I ordered and the one I already possessed have different size rear lugs in terms of thickness somehow.  Both work so overall a good haul.

Now if only everyone local didn't host games at the rear of the month when I have a house and dogs to watch...

I found a Leatherman Skeletool rx apparently in stock and promptly purchased it.

It's one designed for First Responders/EMT in that it's got a carbide glass breaker, slightly different knife and is orange. It's gonna be my work tool as my MUT is still very broken and in storage. Now to source the bit kit for it (and pouch for the bits, not the tool itself as might get in trouble with that on my belt). Oh and hope it's not a mistake on the shop's inventory, or they won't sell it to me as I'm not in any service.

6 hours ago, shmook said:

It isn't a restricted item, so should be available to all. 

A man can never have too many leather... Mans? Men? 

Also, what's up with the MUT? send it off to get fixed under warranty? 

Yeah I know it's not officially restricted but some places get funny about glassbreakers to civvies (though I'm hoping to sign up to CAMSAR the next couple of months). Just hope they have it in as no one else appears to, failing that I'll get someone to make up a carbide bit for a regular Skeletool. But it's orange!

The MUT is a weird one, someone screwed a plastic ale sparkler onto the thread of a tap too tight or crossed the threads. So I attempted to use my pliers and they literally snapped which was slightly worrying. Don't think I've any of the paperwork as it was a graduation gift from my dad. Literally broke ages ago and never got round to sorting it.

40 minutes ago, Tw1tch said:

Yeah I know it's not officially restricted but some places get funny about glassbreakers to civvies (though I'm hoping to sign up to CAMSAR the next couple of months). Just hope they have it in as no one else appears to, failing that I'll get someone to make up a carbide bit for a regular Skeletool. But it's orange!

The MUT is a weird one, someone screwed a plastic ale sparkler onto the thread of a tap too tight or crossed the threads. So I attempted to use my pliers and they literally snapped which was slightly worrying. Don't think I've any of the paperwork as it was a graduation gift from my dad. Literally broke ages ago and never got round to sorting it.

I wasn't aware places were iffy with glass breakers. Odd. 

Just carry an auto centre punch! 

As for the MUT, no paperwork needed. Leatherman have a 25 year warranty, and no MUT is that old. Besides that, their customer service reputation is amazing. I think whitby knives are their go to place in the UK, but best look into that. If not, try heinnie Haynes 😊

Once again, there's no official restrictions but I know some companies have in the past refused to sell some items such as glass breakers without them proving they were some sort of emergency service or armed forces personnel.

However no mention of this on their site so here's hoping. The order form did ask what "sector" I'm in but I feel that might be more marker research..

I'm honestly more concerned about a false positive on inventory.

Archived