Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Been a funny two weeksin London. Mistaken for local more times thanI can count, well, until I open my mouth.

And seen more plod than I thought is really smart, including meeting a line of plod yesterday coming with full gear (shields and vests) from subway at Charing Cross.No armed rssponse guys in that pack, I think, hut might have guns in bigger packs.

And at least three times I walked past armed police carrying Mp5s in full view of large queues, which I approve of from tactical viewpooint...

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got stuck with Makita LXT kit, so as that's the batteries I have that's the tools I grab (when I can)
Yeah I'm the same with milwaukee kit, got some gear for work then carried on for home/work tools so I can share batteries between the two as they're so friggen expensive!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've heard Lidls welder is really good and great value, I only went Sealey as I get crazy discount through work.

Realistically though for a home garage or any DIY use Milwaukee is massively ott (although if you look in the right places their tools arent massively more expensive) but they offer a great warranty system for trade use and their 1/2" impact guns can buzz off a truck hub nut and go up to around 1600nm or something ludicrously stupid. So it was a no brainer to keep the same gear at home and work!

It's a pain switching battery systems, and we all use makita at work so it's a no brainer. 

However, I am massively impressed by the milwaukee 9ah battery... 
I have just one... Its absolutely insane. Only bring it out on really tough stuff cause its so damn heavy usually I get by on the 5ah.

I remember a video of a guy using one on a chop saw, said it was going for something like a day and a half. 

We use 3 or 4 ah, but have loads between us and several chargers, so don't actually need that sort of runtime. 

Doesn't stop me wanting one though! 

10 hours ago, scorch said:

I have a brand new Makita in the loft. No battery, mind. A mate gave me it as he had it spare.

Really should get round to getting a battery. Sick of using the old Bosch one with an extension cord.

You will fall over when you see the price of batteries. 

The copies on ebay or amazon work fine, so go for those 😊

So, it's finally Friday, and I managed to get to work at 8AM.

Also, I'm thinking about getting a futuristic bolt-action rifle for prop use, and I'm trying to decide between a Well M40A3 and an Amoeba Striker. Basically, it's supposed to look cool and take a suppressor. There are adapters for both, and Well is overall cheaper, what with the adapter going for about 200-300 CZK, so about 6 to 8 quid, but the Striker with its Magpul stock looks more attractive.

Or maybe I should get a SL8 with G36 barrel and try sourcing a VISM scope from the US instead?

Listening to uncompressed guitar music with high end headphones whilst looking at the stars.
Mark Knopfler's Altamira and Miloš Karadaglic's concierto de Aranjuez for guitar and the London Philharmonic orchestra.

This is art knocking you right in the feels.
Eargasmic as well.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Despite being daft with my hands, managed to not spend entire day changing the oil filter, air, and fuel filter on my family's zero turn mower.

Got the folks off to the airport earlier this morning ok, two weeks without them both a blessing for lack of noise and curse for having to wake up even earlier every day for dogs.

Bit sad I didn't get out to play today.  What I wouldn't give for a giant concrete wall between the backyard and the golf course, and neighbors who wouldn't panic dial 911 if I went out back to practice.

Also, help me Gott I'm starting to fall for the Sig 550 family more and more every day.  C'mon TM, rerelease your line with metal bodies and better guts already!  A SG542 battle rifle would be fine too...

Currently building a shopping list for payday.

Looking at getting some Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX boots for outdoorsy stuff (airsoft, travel, SAR when I get in, decided it's not an if, that's the goal). Currently trying to find a belt to run a Skeletool and bit kit, micro trauma kit and eventually a belt knife off (thinking an Intelligent Armour 1.5 because Cobra buckles and should fit my collection of Craghoppers).

Also looking for a decent pack for Search and Rescue down the line, liking the look of the RUSH 72 for capacity and customisation options with the external MOLLE. 

Even if I don't buy the stuff just looking at it makes me happy, especially that Daniel Winkler belt knife I've craved for a while...

Odd, I've been looking at the exact same boots for a bit now, keep trying to find a decent price for them.

Im in the lakes at the moment, and will be popping to keswick for a nosey and hopefully find some at a good price 😁

Archived