Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Battlefield 1 is pretty good. Sure, the guns look ridiculous, since the game is set in the era of the magnificent men and their rapid-fire machines, but the game itself is enjoyable.

And the DLC melee weapons are bloody hilarious, equipping the cleaver as the medic gives a new definition to the word "butcher". :D Also, I want a Webley now.

Been playing BF1 since it launched. I'm still not very good at it.

The achievements for the most recent DLC include some pretty impossible ones: melee kill a flamethrower guy - good luck! - and get a melee kill with the broken bottle, which you can only unlock if you get five kills with these wine bottles that only spawn in 1 place on each map and can only be used once per match.

The one for getting a kill with each of the new weapons is very hard too, since the unlock requirements for some of them are extremely difficult. Some are nested, get do many kills with this knife to unlock that other knife and get so many kills with that to unlock this gun...

I don't think I'll manage it...

I've been invited to the first stage of screening with the SAR unit, it's on a Saturday so I had a sinking feeling but my PM said he'd look into what he can do to get me attending the event.

And most stuff that happens on weekends is apparently Sundays so can probably make that work. Here's hoping!

22 hours ago, Hedganian said:

Been playing BF1 since it launched. I'm still not very good at it.

The achievements for the most recent DLC include some pretty impossible ones: melee kill a flamethrower guy - good luck! - and get a melee kill with the broken bottle, which you can only unlock if you get five kills with these wine bottles that only spawn in 1 place on each map and can only be used once per match.

The one for getting a kill with each of the new weapons is very hard too, since the unlock requirements for some of them are extremely difficult. Some are nested, get do many kills with this knife to unlock that other knife and get so many kills with that to unlock this gun...

I don't think I'll manage it...

I'm trying to get the Service Medal.

Twenty kills with Assault? Done. Twenty revives with Medic? Done (although I seriously need something different than the Cei-Rigotti, that gun is a joke). Twenty resupplies with Support? Done. Ten kills with bolt action rifles? ARE YOU ME?! I can't snipe for *suitcase*, and I have all of two days to do it before it resets.

BF1 frustrates me.

Mostly when people get in the driving seat of a tank, then just sit there and do nothing with it, wasting it's potential.

I assume they're going for a "time driving a tank" medal or something.

2 minutes ago, scorch said:

BF1 frustrates me.

Mostly when people get in the driving seat of a tank, then just sit there and do nothing with it, wasting it's potential.

Oh yeah, about that. People who pick tanks are usually ABSOLUTE *fruitcage* BELLENDS. I mean, they can't drive them for *suitcase*, they can't use them for combat, and same goes for driving the Behemoths. When I got my hands on the Char 2C on Breakthrough (that map with poppies everywhere, I have to play with half-assed Polish version), I immediately turned it into a machine of conquest and, obviously, death. I wreaked havoc with the Armored Train on that desert map that has it. Other people, though? They barely know how to use horses, and vehicles utterly confuse them. Also, nobody even bothers to repair tanks while on foot.

I hate BF1,the ttk is just too slow for my tastes! BF5 looks *fruitcage* *suitcase* too, in fact I just got bf4 again and im loving it, nice break from my dysfunctional relationship with RB6: Siege. 

Edit: not trying to on bf1 fan's chips just not for me! 

What's worse than a dysfunctional relationship with RB6 Siege?

One on the console version.

I keep drifting between it and being bored in MHW.  Sure VC4 comes out next month, but it will only be a slight reprieve.

I may not get to go out and play, but at least it is the weekend.

Still love playing a bit of BF4. I'm not particularly good but I enjoy it.

And I don't care about how powerful a build is, I use the weapons and attachments I want, which are normally similar to my airsoft rifles, 416, L115 and MP7 for life.

My Leatherman came in so I can be part of the prepared crowd again for when I need a damn screwdriver at work but someone's lost all ours (happens all the time, 22-24 hour operation a day and over 100 staff in the books).

Did you ever get your MUT sorted? 

Also, its my lads birthday soon. He has asked for lego and a nerf gun. 

I'm so proud. Basically that means it's presents for me too, as I can't just have him roaming the house whilst armed, so I will now be packing nerfy heat too.. 

So I got around to making an intro for my BF1 stream.

Turned out, EA did everything for me. All I had to do was to add my logo and a title screen.

(Yeah, the title is "Good Soldier Dźwiedź", I thought it'd be funny.)

Argos customer service are brilliant! 

I've used them several times now and it's always been great. I ordered a load of stuff yesterday, around 1730. It's just been delivered. I didn't get the same day delivery option as it was too late

I paid £3.95 for delivery, which is the standard cost and it was due between 1000 and 1300. However, the guy said their machines are down, so they are delivering early where possible. 

Also, there are now lots of nerf guns. Which I have to not play with until a few days time 😭

Back from ground zero. Cracking time despite the rain and a stormer of a win for our team. 

Also, while there, I picked up an ICS rifle which needed some repairs for the princely sum of £20. Got it home and immediately had a look inside, and found that it's almost entirely Lonex internals and a gate mosfet, just needs a clean and reshim and couple of minor bits and it should be good to go.

My 11.1v lipos fit straight in the buffer tube too.

Archived