Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that, Delta... Don't forget, only way Tink's 'dibs' wouldn't be pre-empted by possession, would be that he was your accomplice... And accomplices are meant to be backstabbed and used, so he'd be the second corpse, and it'd look like a crime of passion, with no outside involvement, with a suitable begueathing document giving both the printer and the Pinz to you. ANd that bequeath would be the motive... :D

Oh my...

Just received the email confirming I'm on the Anthony Nolan Stem Cell Register (now to find out if there's a way to get on more registers as these guys only deal with blood cancers from the looks of it).

And for myself I've just stumbled across the Virtus Outdoors layering jacket system and really want at least the Helios and Astraes. Hoping that Allied Risk Equipment can sort me out.

The general acceptance people have of fishing is bloody weird isn't it?

If I said I sat at the edge of a field for hours on end, armed with a hook on a rope, then I stuck it through a sheeps face, then let the sheep run about until it was too tired to fight me so I could then rein it in and after which I held it's head underwater where it couldn't breathe while my mate took a picture of me posing with it before I weighed and measured it and let it go you'd think I was a total psychopath.

But it's ok with fish.

*EXACTLY!*

Apparently no one cares about fish. It's that same in pet shops - if they sold cats in hamster cages, the RSPCA would be knocking down the doors, but they can sell fish in woefully inadequate tanks and provide utterly incorrect advice and no one cares.

I'm glad I'm not the only one...

I never got fishing. 

Dangling a maggot just to torture another animal? Never understood it, and I'm a 'country' boy. 

Silence at the back, I said country... 

As for the killing of people? Your first mistakes were joking about it on the Internet. You were joking, right?

2 people can keep a secret if one is dead. 

If you want to go about this business, have a plan. Not documented anywhere. Not mentioned to any one. Any Internet searches on burner phones, cash purchase and searches done away from your home address. Supplies gathered over a period of time and many locations. None near you. 

Use lots of bleach. Never tell a soul. Arrogance will be your downfall. 

Ron Swanson, shouldn't like him (he's a pretty terrible person, well character) but do haha.

Got a decent bit of mail today that made up for the last couple of crappy days.

Bottle of strikeforce energy in grape and two boxes of orange (I only meant to order one but oh well), nice new t-shirt and a box of assorted chillies from someone who runs a chilli enthusiast page on FB. Going to sort and identify them probably Tuesday/Weds and then start preparing to save the seed to grow my own chillies this year. Was going to stick with stuff like Jalapeño (it's a great versatile plant most can handle and quite productive) and maybe one interesting plant but we'll see what I've got (there's a Reaper haha).

Kinda bummed out today till I saw what I think was a smersh rig on plaid shirt in Scout's latest public vid.  Now I just have to see someone rocking a Smersh rig in Hawaiian Shirt (I know one of you lot can do this).  Also makes me wonder why someone hasn't made a bdu in Hawaiian patterns yet.

Game tomorrow at the more local field.  Hot and muggy naturally but I gotta get out for missing last month game.

One last thing for tonight.  Saw on hyperdouraku that TM decided to make a pink p90 as well to cash in on the GGO show, and it got me to pull down my own p90 from its slumbering shelf in my closet.  The RDS battery still works despite it being years since I last held it.  I also found out that p90 mags fit RPK shoulder strap pouch.  If my old 8.4v battery still works I feel like I need to take it with me tomorrow to see if it still shoots and to troll folks with it whilst wearing Partizan SS Leto.

Amazingly, it took Royal Fail and the local postal service only a week to deliver that old brass goblet I bought from a guy in a Facebook LARP group. Sure, I had to get myself a bottle of Brasso to clean it up, but now it's here and it's awesome.

I also made an intro for another of my streams (this time, Two Point Hospital, a spiritual successor to Bullfrog's Theme Hospital), parodying the ER opening with me being credited as "Dźwiedź Clooney".

13 hours ago, Hardcore1-6 said:

https://shop.oafnation.com/collections/aloha-shirts

These you mean?  Because brightly coloured shirts are tactical when combined with small arms.

I mean, those are clearly tactical, but I mean an actual bdu or other style of uniform cut in said colors.

Like, imagine a SPOSN partizan suit in Hawaiian print, with a wood stock kalash with a palm tree on the stock.  Adidas flip flops mandatory.

My game day went good for the most part, but the final game I stayed to play kinda soured the whole experience.  Partizan suit was not light enough for that heat, the flat hop in my wood stock ak74 just didn't seem to have as much impact as I had hoped (I swear my bizon is my best shooter still) and the 8.4v I had for the tm p90 couldn't hold a charge so didn't get to use it.

Kinda feel like I need a "eh, okay like room temp tapwater" thread between here and my eyes!

18 hours ago, Tw1tch said:

Dear friend got engaged, it's nice to see her so happy. Wish it could have been me but so long as both of them are happy then it's all good. 🙂

Sorry/Glad to hear that chum, always a tricky one...

If it helps, from my experience no point in dwelling on this too much - strong feelings tend to fade over time and it gets easier to meet/date new people. Best of luck!

2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Sorry/Glad to hear that chum, always a tricky one...

If it helps, from my experience no point in dwelling on this too much - strong feelings tend to fade over time and it gets easier to meet/date new people. Best of luck!

Aye, I care about her that much that her happiness and good friendship is enough for me. She knows I've these feelings which makes it easier (after an initial period of awkwardness when she realised) and I think it's helped me showing that I truly support her and her decision (and have congratulated the lucky man as well), there's no ill feelings there.

As for dating, I'm terrible at that (I've severe intimacy issues from childhood that mean I can't even contemplate dating someone until I get to know them pretty well) as well as low self esteem (increasing though I'm still losing weight, sub 18 stone now).

What made me smile today? We shared a cab in to work and talked excitedly about this next chapter in her life and I can't wait to see the ring in person (had to be ordered in and it came in this afternoon). 

Oh and it's my weekend now.

Look, you seem to have a handle on this but here's my perspective.

You might think somebody is perfect for you but if they don't have feelings for you they can't be.
Best case, you are only half way there.

There will be someone out there who you feel that way about but who also feels that way about you.
That's perfect.

It is out there, you just have to wade through a a sea of *suitcase* to find it.

Yeah, I'm only a little bummed out but that's far outweighed by my gladness that she appears to be happy (she hadn't been recently and had actually attempted suicide and self harmed not too long ago, stuff I had to help her deal with and patch her up for).

I'll honestly be fine, whether or not I find a life partner (would be nice though). I've got friends that might as well be damn family and that keeps me going.

Right now I'm focusing on myself anyway, losing the weight, paying off my debts and hopefully starting to learn to drive. Maybe some wandering too, really just want to strike out into the wilds for a couple of weeks (Maybe by myself or with close friends), away from social media, work and drama. 

Archived