Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Hardcore1-6 said:

Why doesn't Salisbury have a giant metal head pigeon shredding a bass or something?

I heard that's what the Russians were actually there to see.  That and the cathedral with it's world famous 123-metre spire.

My new toolbox turned up yesterday. It's amazing what an extra 15"w 6"h 4"d can do! My old box was crammed and the new one is hardly crammed. I actually have an empty drawer. Just more space for more tools I guess. Just need to decide what sticker pack I want for it. Right now it's a lovely royal purple, considering some form of Marvel design - the Infinity War poster maybe with all the colour.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

All this talk of snap on.

I just got home from the weekend of double wedding hell to find the gf's dad has brought his snap on top box over and gifted me it. It's crammed with 40 years worth of tools, including some immaculate old kit from when he was an apprentice. Also some air tools in a seperate box. He says that the bike lift and roll cab is mine when I've built a garage to put it in.

I am beyond moved. Apparently his son has no mechanical inclinations at all so it was the obvious option.

It's gonna be an epic task just to sort through it and see what's what. Every drawer is crammed with tools of varying brands. Loads of snap on in there from what I've seen though.

Also, can't wait to fire up the compressor and lark about with the impact gun. 

Air tools are great fun! My impact gun sounds very similar to an old school V12 F1 car.. So when I'm bored I put my welding helmet on and sit in an office chair and make F1 car noises releasing the trigger for a second or so to make it sound like Im changing gear driving an epic lap of Spa or some awesome circuit.... The other fellas think I'm quite a weird bloke.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My fridge has been repaired at last. Sure, it cost me 70 quid and half of that was one spare part that gave out (an electric motor for air circulation), but now I can enjoy a cold one.

Also, I found more than enough songs to use as my Shadow Warrior 2 stream intro.

Out of everything to do with the motability scheme, the included insurance is possibly the best part.

No having to get quotes every year, no ridiculous renewal prices, no hassle from companies just because I used a comparison site...

Only down side is that if we ever do having one, I'll have lost my 15+ years of no claims discount...

Will your no claims not carry over? Most companies recognise it if you submit proof. 

My rant? Dishwasher has packed in. 

And my boiler. Both are old, doubtful parts are available. This could be Spendy. 

But first, let's pull them apart and poke around with screwdrivers! 

Edit, it's car insurance month for me too. I won't get a renewal quote as I was with police mutual, and as I'm no longer a cop they won't cover me again... 

Edit 2, this isn't the rant thread. It's been a long day. Holy copy and paste, batman! 

Maybe, but probably only a couple of years if any. My previous NCB had no effect on the motability scheme and I'm told that most insurance companies don't count years without claiming on a mobility vehicle, even if you've had one for decades and never claimed.

It makes no sense, but car insurance companies are all bandits anyway, doing anything they can to get a much money as possible while rejecting as many claims as they can get away with.

1 hour ago, shmook said:

And my boiler. Both are old, doubtful parts are available. This could be Spendy. 

But first, let's pull them apart and poke around with screwdrivers! 

Fortunately you know a nice guy on an internet forum that sells boiler parts for a living. ;)

Archived