Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Law is designed to catch muppets so:
- carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife.
-lock knives (knives with blades that can be locked when unfolded) are not folding knives, and are illegal to carry in public without good reason.

With that in mind, a good reason is something like a recreational purpose or use at work (airsofter using it as a multitool or you find it handy for fittings/opening boxes at work)

Yep, it's technically a fixed blade. 

I carry mine every day at work, along with a lock knife, which falls under reasonable excuse. I go to the shops at lunchtime with them in my pocket, never had an issue. 

When I was a cop I wasn't just gripping people and searching for knives. You could carry an 'illegal' one every day, and as long as you aren't being stupid in a public place, you'll be fine. 

Bear in mind if you commit a motoring offence and it's in view, your car is a public place in the eyes of the law... 

Like that guy who had a SAK a few years ago in his glove box. But then he threatened to stab someone in a pub, on searching his car they found it and charged him as he was being a pillock.

I carry my Skeletool Rx (rescue version skeletool) to work 5 days a week. It lives in my bag to and from work and goes into my pockets when I'm on site as I find having a set of screwdrivers and pliers handy. And a strap cutter if ever needed.

I'm looking at picking up a Boker non locking folder as I like the shape of it (I don't like most spydercos) and could do with a general purpose knife for processing boxes, dealing with cable ties etc.

I bought a Paul Chen Multi Tasker a while back from Heinnie on clearance.  Something like £10 and it's surprisingly decent.  It has heavy duty cutters/shears instead of pliers and they go through cable ties like a hot knife through butter.  Even those super chunky 12.7mm ones that I have for...reasons.  That's the sort of thing you need for cable ties.  That particular tool was really handy as it had a unique slide out, 1 handed deployment for the cutters.

You don't want side cutters for cable ties, they leave a razor sharp edge on the plastic.

What you want is a thing called flush cutters, they are side cutters that cut flush and don't leave a sharp edge on the cable tie.

These are the actual best:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005EXOF6S/

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I hear you can get some good deals online.  Used ones are cheaper too.

Got mine used. 

Still expensive to run... 

1 hour ago, amateurstuntman said:

You don't want side cutters for cable ties, they leave a razor sharp edge on the plastic.

What you want is a thing called flush cutters, they are side cutters that cut flush and don't leave a sharp edge on the cable tie.

These are the actual best:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005EXOF6S/

Meh. I'm not the one following the carnage I cause on site. 

Also, electricians and air con guys always use side cutters, and we are usually the ones following them in and chopping our hands to pieces on the millions of ties they use. The lock always coincides with where you naturally place a hand or knee...

Yeap, we do. And they're always right in sight because... Well, try tighten them any other wise ^^.
There are there quite expensive Knippex one handed tool that tightens and cuts in one handmovement, but no boss wantsbto pay for those except when the customer demands it.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

The nan of one of my colleagues and good mates (I think of him as my little brother haha) has made me a cheese board. She's arts and crafty so she's put one together with an imitation slate and then burn etched in a nice picture of a wine bottle and glasses. It's really nice and creative (and my first ever cheese board hurrah!).

Now to source some cheese. I've historically been quite boring (not a blue cheese fan really, veins put me off) with my cheeses but do like cheddar, Red Leceister, Brie, cheeses with chillies in and a Norweigan Brown Cheese (it's really peculiar but I enjoy it). But I might try and expand my horizons.

And I've done my research and the lady who made me it loves Hotel Chocolat. Wish I was crafty and could give her something a bit more personal.

Get her some chocolates and a piping bag and then use the bag to write a personal message on the chocolates.
It's as easy as writing with a squeeze activated pen.

Also, Knipex tools are so good.

I have circlip pliers, side cutters, flush cuts, channel lock pliers and pliers.
Love them so much.

I enjoy this little thing I have with a colleague. Last month ( or even earlier) the tip of his Facom flathead screwdriver broke. 4,5mm is the type 90% of us use because it fits almost all screws we use in electric circuitry. We basically treat screwdrivers as consumables nowadays.

But he's stubborn... Used a rotating grindstone to grind it nice and flat again.

Problem is, he doesn't realise the hardening is completely ground away, so every other time he uses it, it simply crumbles on and he needs to regrind the shaft.

His screwdriver has about half of the shaftlenth left And is more like 3,75mm in with anymore. So it doesn't make good mechanical contact anymore. So it chips even easier.

Every time I hear him curse I know what happens and I have a good chuckle.

Funny stubborn oldie ^^

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Archived