Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Got three of my aegs all back together, the ones that have been giving me issues.  Haven't tested fired them due to family being over but at least nothing gone missing, I think (I do seem to not have the l block spacer in one of them somehow...).  Next on the agenda will be putting deans onto the svd.  Just tried out the two cyma mags I ordered last week and like Darklite said, they do fit, +1 on that lad.

TM news is always exciting, even though I likely won't be getting anything from them for awhile.  Eyeing up either a clone svd scope from Vector Optics (since I can't find a Romanian PSL scope on the cheap anymore) and/or possible grabbing either a lonex or zci complete gearbox as a backup/upgrade for one of the kalashes (almost leaning towards zci for the sake of the spring change system).  Just wish I could find an ak100 series carbine parts kit on the cheap stateside or a boneyard one with all the externals intact.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one mate!

I'm taking part in a secret santa and I've drawn someone from the US. I then foolishly posted on the FB group we're part of asking what sort of candy would be difficult to get in the US as I was gonna send the actual gifts and some little treats. Didn't mention it was for the Secret Santa but the guy I've drawn has liked my post haha. Tempted to throw something completely unexpected in now.

Ah yeah.  I forgot the US has them as pork rinds.  Not so weird then.  They are a bit different though (scratchings are superior to rinds) so maybe still worth including. 

I'm trying to think of other non perishable stuff Americans can't get.  Perhaps the godly pickled onion Monster Munch.  Or Jaffa Cakes.

Good ideas. Love a bit of galaxy myself.

Also I heard back from the local SAR unit about next intake which I have a date for in March and my Manager said I can have it off (amazing especially as I'm away on leave the next week). Here's to prepping myself by losing as much weight as possible (min requirements are 5 mile "hike" in 2 hours but I think that includes some activities). Obviously they're going to pick the most suitable candidates so should do everything I can.

Does anyone else get amused in films/TV, when someone is shooting and they run out of ammo, they look at their gun in a quizzical manner.  Like it's just turned into a kitten or something.  Like it's a totally unexpected occurrence that they couldn't possibly have conceived happening.  Always makes me laugh.

Ha yeah.  Or they're just waving around a prop gun and the post guys don't put in any effects so it just looks like someone is waving around a toy in the middle of a firefight.

Another one is cocking a gun for intimidation.  The film 'Headshot' is bad for this.  I lost count of the number of times you see an AK racked.  Storm into a room, oh, there's a guy, better rack it.

Mexican stand off?  Time to rack the bolt.

You all take the' proverbial', but the things like this got us into airsoft. 

Nowadays it's a fine line between that, and obtaining real firearms and shooting up schools/offices/council estates. 

Don't pretend we haven't thought of this. Speaking as a gun owner and an ex cop. Police should be given lawgivers... 

Youay all draw a breath in shock, but then think 'meh'. 

13 hours ago, shmook said:

You all take the' proverbial', but the things like this got us into airsoft. 

Nowadays it's a fine line between that, and obtaining real firearms and shooting up schools/offices/council estates. 

Don't pretend we haven't thought of this. Speaking as a gun owner and an ex cop. Police should be given lawgivers... 

Youay all draw a breath in shock, but then think 'meh'. 

🤨

Archived