Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheels are already in motion for her promotion to Cpl as well as nomination for a St John's Ambulance award and as many other awards as we can finangle her into the criteria for.

The Facebook post has been commented on by the head of the *entire ACF* as well as the head of ACF First Aid, various County Commandants and more. The story is with our County PR department now to be passed on to local (maybe even national, who knows?) media.

Just got home from helping the folks get my father to an airport (mother doesn't like to drive so far in the dark alone) and find in the mailbox my shs metal ak hopup chamber has arrived unexpectedly.  I had ordered it late Wednesday night from ClandestineAirsoft and the lad somehow pulled some miracle shipping magic or something.  I had put back my old aks-74 together with its stock plastic hop up chamber and that oddly damaged modify flat hop soft bucking yesterday to just see what it would do tomorrow, but I think I will go ahead and put this shs unit in and see how the orange regular bucking it comes with fares.  Still got other stuff on the way, including some plum grips I just ordered today.

Apologies for the double post, seems to happen whenever I get to a game.

The aks-74 was dead in the water for some reason (I just got it put together again about an hour ago here at home and something electrical, trigger trolley contacts most likely seeing as I threw in a random one and now it all works) and the RPK decided it wanted to make itself too dangerous by going off randomly when in safe.  Ended up just using the ak100 carbine all day since the bizon wasn't quite suited for the large crowd and field.  I did not expect so many players today.  Had a grand time despite not doing as well as last time, though I admit I got a bit heated at times with sudden game element changes and the usual bb hit shrug offs (though I probably did the latter myself somehow due to various loud noises obscuring any bb sounds striking my gear).  Managed to not lose anything either (came close to a mag disappearing at one point though), the dump pouch I attached to my Nerpa vest worked like a dream.  Lots of newcomers that seemed enthusiastic to play, and I even witnessed one take out several more experienced players out during a final "Alamo" style game and ended up buying the gun he was using from one of the game staff he had borrowed it from.

The only sad note of the day was that the father of one younger player who had stayed in their car and whatnot for most of the day after bringing his son and son's friend out to play apparently had a severe mishap on the ice covered grounds/road and an ambulance was called for him after he fell down.  I wasn't present at the time (was down in my car having my packed lunch), but from the game staff and others it seems it wasn't bone shattering but still immediately action was taken.  I pray the guy is okay and makes a swift recovery and that it doesn't dampen his or his son's thoughts about airsoft.  Word of caution to anyone out there playing in the snow to keep an eye out for ice underneath, as this could have happened to any of the players today out on the field just as easily.

So the case I bought for my Galaxy S9 didn't protect the camera lens and so it got smashed (I think it's because I used to keep keys in the same pocket and always had better cases). Been broken for a while but thought I didn't have the time to be phoneless. 

Turns out the insurance means I'll get the replacement delivered tomorrow as the DPD driver collects the old handset meaning no downtime.

Now to hunt down a more suitable case...

The only thing that goes in my pocket with my phone is my hand.  You must have exerted quite a bit of pressure on the lens from your keys to break it.  Just get a low profile case and that should be sufficient really.  Phone in one pocket, wallet and keys in the other. 

1 hour ago, Tinkerton said:

And just What do you mean by that???!?!?!112?!!?!eleven.

IT WAS A COMPLIMENT! 

I meant they just wade in and start spam-moderating without any sort of justification, whereas you are the most fair and just of moderators, who controls a forum with the lightest of touches, yet you can feel the power behind them... 

😂😂

IT WAS A COMPLIMENT! 
I meant they just wade in and start spam-moderating without any sort of justification, whereas you are the most fair and just of moderators, who controls a forum with the lightest of touches, yet you can feel the power behind them... 

That, And I can basically feel him glaring at me trough the screen of my cellphone when my thumb is hovering above the 'send' button when I wrote a *suitcasey* post.

Like " I dare you mothertrucker, I'll personally come grab you and plug the eurotunnel with you and your family, Brexit or no, Eurostar or no. "

Makes me clench zum buttox quite a bit.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Good news is with modern tech the move to a new phone is so much easier. Was worried about losing all my calender info as I use it a lot (I'm forgetful with dates) and had my apps organised for me.

Used the Google backup and pretty much everything is fine apart from I lost some files in BattleScribe but I keep them on Dropbox as well. Wasn't expecting the apps to literally be laid out how they were.

Also new case protects the camera lens too.

I blew Ł500 on a computer upgrade. Turns out, my i5 3570 wasn't enough, so now I'm upgrading to a i7 8700. Paired with the GTX970OC, it should be enough for most games, and I will be able to stream them too (after recent driver updates, the streaming got kinda pissy, and Anthem is awfully optimized).

Received the news I am able to become a platelet donor and my blood type means it's universal donation of platelets (A neg can do that but not with whole blood). Means I can donate more often and can be used by a greater range of patients (obviously not those needing a whole blood transfusion).

I've also just booked my train ticket for my Search and Rescue selection day next Saturday. Excited (and a little nervous, I think the biggest negative factor for me is not being individually mobile, where they run the training, and getting to staging areas, could be a problem, especially on Sundays, so here's hoping it's accessible or I can sort a lift with contribution to petrol).

Must sort some sort of vehicle soon, even it it's a blooming hairdryer.

I play in 60fps! I stream in 60fps! All! At! Once!

POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!... Okay, maybe not unlimited, but it turns out that the new CPU paired with my reliable GTX970 can run Battlefield V on High/Ultra settings, and render a 720/60 video stream at the same time!

Archived