Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw that.  Not sure about international shipping though.  It pretty much says, "we have no idea how much it's going to cost.  Please buy and we'll send you a request for more money if we underestimated it".  They also seem to think they can wash their hands of any problems with the shipping/damage etc once it's out of their hands...Yeah, that's not how contracts work guys...

It could easily turn into a £50 poster.

25 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Just saw that.  Not sure about international shipping though.  It pretty much says, "we have no idea how much it's going to cost.  Please buy and we'll send you a request for more money if we underestimated it".  They also seem to think they can wash their hands of any problems with the shipping/damage etc once it's out of their hands...Yeah, that's not how contracts work guys...

It could easily turn into a £50 poster.

Ah. 

I didn't click on it, just posted what Ian said. 

That's *rubbish* for his overseas fans. 

Good day out on the field across state, though the humidity and muck were quite the obstacles.  Sadly the accursed rpk decided to have one motor soldering break off so I didn't get to run it, ak104 got most use again (I honestly think it beats out my aks74).  Also seemed to have lost a set of pyramex i force goggles (if any luck someone found them).

On 5/17/2019 at 12:05 PM, Tw1tch said:

I am rewatching Stargate, forgot how much I identify with O'Neill's sense of sarcasm.

Warminster Airsoft has a full replica (with lights and noises) of a Stargate.

Also the guy who built it also plays in a "Ground team" replica suit.

I've definitely seen a Stargate just off a motorway before, always assumed it was for paintball or airsoft.

After about 6 weeks my DBS certificate has been printed (I've never had a check before so I don't know if this could mean a potential fail but I doubt it)

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that Stargate on M6 was mentioned in this very thread years back, because I recall seeing the discussion about it.
It was there but disappeared a couple of years ago and was replaced by an Alvis Stalwart and some sort of jet fighter just parked next to the paintball site.

I started the thread asking about the Stargate many years ago and now drive past that area a few times a week.

Jim.
21 hours ago, Tw1tch said:

I've definitely seen a Stargate just off a motorway before, always assumed it was for paintball or airsoft.

After about 6 weeks my DBS certificate has been printed (I've never had a check before so I don't know if this could mean a potential fail but I doubt it)

The Warminster one is in the middle of the woods.  You can't see it from the road..

DBS cert printing means you'll be fine through the checks, they'll take an age to post it though.

Apparently not, I have received it today (and hopefully can use this one for my Personal License application as well which I'm going for soon).

Got an Esee 4 fixed blade yesterday, not had a decent fixed blade before and I'm a little in love (even if I'm limited to when I can carry it).

Went for a look through the local charity shops for something gor a project I have on the go, and found a coffee grinder for £3.50. 

After a dismantling and thorough cleaning, it's good as new. It's not a top spec piece of kit, but it does the job exactly as it should.

Picked up some beans from the local roasters too. They were roasted yesterday. 

Also, is anyone else watching Chernobyl?

Good?  Let's just say it's sitting at 9.7/10 on IMDB.  That's higher than BB, The Wire, The Sopranos and GoT...Sure, it doesn't have the number of votes, but still.

It's a *fruitcage* masterpiece.

Ah, I don't check sites to see how good things are. I tend to ask real people... (I'm assuming you guys are all real here. Hopefully not Russian bots. Or matrix inhabitants.)

Like I said, catching up on what we have missed. Got a good deal on sky Q too, and it's absolutely brilliant as we were still on an HD box. Joined the modern age and am paying sod all more for tons more content! 

12 hours ago, shmook said:

Ah, I don't check sites to see how good things are. I tend to ask real people... (I'm assuming you guys are all real here. Hopefully not Russian bots. Or matrix inhabitants.)

I find if you want a good idea on something, check it out on IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic.  Going with all 3 gets you a good range of opinions as Rotten Tamotoes is pretty much considered compromised now but does have some valid contributors.

Had to visit the wife's friends on in Hastings today.

Went for a walk on the "beach", the weather turned.

Went to a charity shop, bought a fleece, wore it all day and stuck it in a charity clothes drop off bin.
Fleece rental - £6.

I feel all ethical and *suitcase*.

Meanwhile I feel like a sneaky *bramston pickle* finding a Splav m23 chest rig for 75$ shipped stateside just now.  Appears to not be the current models being sold for silly prices elsewhere too.

Does it make sense to have one having just bought another vest?  No, but I got "super overtime" hours starting Tuesday and I feel like burning money out of spite.  I believe it falls under the "ooh, shiny thing!" motive, but more like "ooh, old condura thing!"

Archived