Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Hedganian said:

It ought to be issued, especially to officers, but penny-pinching is the order of the day and has been for years. Even most of the Regulars don't get Twos on standard issue any more, I'm told.

Nope, special order only when required (which, due to the fact it takes months to get them in, half the lads aren't kitted before the parade/funeral etc

I've worn down my heel block on my 2s shoes, single issue, and now have to pay £180 for a pair of cheap shoes. *cough* ebay *cough*

20 hours ago, scorch said:

On the plus side though, you get to strut about with a sword. 

Pretty kickass.

I use mine to open champagne at weddings.  They're ceremonial and the metal isn't great - so have a backup bottle opening kukri in the kitchen.

Scope to put on my old real sword svd showed up.  3-9x24 PSO model that has the correct reticle and whatnot.  Got it for a steal if it is truly legit (180 dollars for something usually selling for far much more).  Dremeled a piece of lexan for the sunshade portion of it, not perfect but it sorta works.  Only issue is the svd doesn't fit the Real Sword box with the scope on and I really don't want to take the scope off it now.

Car back from repairs, might have to test the scope at a game across state Saturday, depending on circumstances (I'd kinda feel bad leaving dogs penned up all day despite grandparents offering to let them out for bathroom, humidity that will likely knock me out and possible thunderstorms).

Folks leave Friday on their vacation so whilst it means having to get up early with the dogs and whatnot, at least some peace and quiet.

All right, *fruitcage* it, I found a JG SL8 with G36 outer barrel and dual optic carry handle, a JG G36C top rail, a cheap scope and a cheap dummy surveillance camera. Time to build myself an important-looking sci-fi sniper rifle.

And I shall name it Jodelle.

OK, so the rifle, scope and camera arrived, now I need scope rings, a plastic enclosure and a rubber eyepiece.

Also, who in their right mind bolted all the spacers on the cheekpad? Cheek weld on SL8's default optics is ridiculous!

Currently sat drinking wine in the evening sun/sunset, listening to the stereophonics playing live. I get that it's not to everyone's taste, butI don't mind them at all. 

Even better as I'm sat at home, listening for free, as I'm not far from the stage that's been set up for 5 days of music. Happens every year, and we save a fortune on tickets! 

Cant grumble too much, even the road closures for it in town aren't affecting us as we are just on the edge of them so can travel normally! 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore1-6 said:

And you've not rented/loaned your garden space to Arnies members because?...

Because you lot would be through my alcohol stock like a plague of locusts, farting and burping and no doubt teaching my 5 year old some new and interesting words... 😂 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, shmook said:

Because you lot would be through my alcohol stock like a plague of locusts, farting and burping and no doubt teaching my 5 year old some new and interesting words... 😂 

I'd pass on the alcohol stock as my tolerance isn't as high as it was a decade ago, but the kid would learn languages.

I got a 15 percent pay rise yesterday, completely out of the blue. I'm still gobsmacked. 

I'm doing the same hours, but have taken on another role on top of mine, but it's still a crazy amount in 1 hit, and couldn't have come at a better time to be honest. 

Please don't take this as showing off, I don't mean it that way. It's just really nice to be appreciated for what I do 😊

Edit, sorry for the double post Tink... 

Archived