Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

4 hours ago, Hedganian said:

We actually do very little Fieldcraft and Shooting compared to our other activities, but that's all anyone sees from outside.

That's why I binned it off.

Same with scouts actually. Only went there twice 

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, in hindsight I wish I'd stuck with it.

It was just a lot of filler activities with precious little of the stuff we wanted to do. (Which now, as an adult, I realise was probably down to budget)

I trust hip fire and "Get some" followed by "You want some? How 'bout you?" featured?

If it didn't, have a word with yourself while watching Aliens, Predator and Commando on three screens simultaneously.

I have post gym, cold showered, coffee in hand, puppy eating chew toy under my desk, car back from MOT, route planned to my dad's house to collect my last bit of airsoft kit (all dem plate carriers yo) and a crate of beers with my brother in law.

Happy Friday. 

2 hours ago, amateurstuntman said:

Waited until everyone else went home and took my nephew out on the training area in a truck.
He was ecstatic.  That improved my mood somewhat.

This is excellent, and should be encouraged more. 

Unique experiences are awesome! 

On 8/1/2019 at 10:32 PM, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Pics pls

Going through a huge M249 phase atm!

Honestly, it's nothing special to look at. I'll get a pic at the next game though as my airsoft room is a *suitcase* pit. For now, please accept a pic of me with a mate's M60.

9iBy82a.jpg

On 8/2/2019 at 9:25 AM, Hardcore1-6 said:

I trust hip fire and "Get some" followed by "You want some? How 'bout you?" featured?

If it didn't, have a word with yourself while watching Aliens, Predator and Commando on three screens simultaneously.

There was a bit of hip fire involved, as I didn't have the bipod attached. 

The 80s movie quips are always on point. I dont need a belt fed for that.

Oddly enough I witness the Russian version of hipfire belt fed today, with a RR member advancing with a PKM loaned to him by Alfonse (the youtuber as I understand it). 

Anyways, airsoft day!  Everything worked somehow aeg-wise, though I really need to stop bringing everything with me.  Latest set of boots unfortunately ended up first game soaked in swampwater from trying to flank too much into said swamp.  Exfog system was a bit of a miss, can't really tell if it helped or not since at times the tubing would pop out from the zip ties holding them towards the google lenses, and having it with it's t-strap rig barely staying put on top of my head, the goggles themselves (pyramex iforce), the tigres face mask, a bandanna (since I forgot to grab the sweatbands on the way out the door) and then a boonie just looked silly all day.  I probably need to cut longer tubing for it but the setup is all still wonky regardless.

Speaking of sweat, way too much of it today.  I know I tend to keep to indoors a lot in the summer (and haven't played in like 2 months), but I honestly got concerned I wouldn't make it back home at the end of play.  Made it clear to me that summer play might be a bit too much for me even if I got my health around again.

All the pain is starting to set in now, oh joy...

Been gone for a little while, just sorting some stuff in my head.

Applied for a 12 month position in my company in Greater London, I'd be inducting all their new starters so it's a great way into the training department which I want to do.

Got the dates for my final batch of initial SAR training, should be qualified by the end of October.

Was given the honour of carrying my Stepmother's mother's coffin at her funeral. She was 94 and led an amazing life fighting Nazis in Poland.

Just turned on the Xbox. Somewhat excited for the new CoD (I'm more a Battlefield person and I'm liking it's taking some cues from them). Heres hoping some of the mp maps have sections where you need to turn nv on and off. Do need to sort a new TV though as mine's ancient and keeps turning the volume to 100.

• 2 weeks later...

Smashing day of airsoft at the local field today, weather was excellent (at one point a nice light rain to cool us off, wish it had stayed).  My main kalash performed beautifully, almost scary at how quick mags emptied with it (I blame the 12:1 gears in it), to the point where my backup for the day, the less tinkered with ak105, felt less on point.  Half tempted to take it apart before a potential game across the state next weekend, but that little nagging part in my head saying "what if you *fruitcage* it up too much?" might stop me (that and wanting to just kick back and play my mmo whenever I get home from work on the weekdays).

Took a bunch of old stuff I had in the closet and gave most of it to some fellows I knew that could make use of it.  I did one bright thing though with an old crossdraw vest.  There were a lot of younger folks out there today, and one group of them seem to have had an off point middle of the day (think a polarstar got to them).  There was a girl that was rather energetic and seemed to be keeping them all through it.  I gave the vest to her parents that were there and said she was free to keep it, seemed to make her and their day.  The mother tried to offer me money but I declined, stating it was my goal today to give it to someone new.

Now if only the inevitable leg spasms would not occur tonight/tomorrow...

Delayed post, as I only really come on here during work hours.. 🙌

Had an epic day out to Longmoor on the 10th - great to put names to faces and a decent day out, still buzzing and set for the next one. I'd post a picture but hey, personal anonymity and all that.

Anyone near the South that wants in?

1 hour ago, Hardcore1-6 said:

Delayed post, as I only really come on here during work hours.. 🙌

Had an epic day out to Longmoor on the 10th - great to put names to faces and a decent day out, still buzzing and set for the next one. I'd post a picture but hey, personal anonymity and all that.

Anyone near the South that wants in?

image.png.550828685d075b83bcc119460d931a22.png

Anonymity secured!

Great day out. We're all going on the 10th of October as well if people fancy coming along. 9 Arnies members at one skirmish isn't bad going but would be great to see more!

If you are referring to coffee then no, not at this time.

I can confirm that there have been 70+ drug related murders this year in a country with a population smaller than Bristol.

All cars on the road here appear to be US write-offs that people are driving drunk.

The people are mostly friendly and although it is the rainy season it hasn't rained since I got here and the locals are concerned.

Archived