Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, scorch said:

Picked up a mint condition WE M712 Mauser carbine at GZ for only 50 quid.

Very nice bit of kit.

How was the NAE? (Assume you went..)

Haven't been for years because it devolved into angry groups of players shooting through hedges at other angry groups of players, neither hitting the other but all insisting that they hit the other.

2 hours ago, Hardcore1-6 said:

How was the NAE? (Assume you went..)

Haven't been for years because it devolved into angry groups of players shooting through hedges at other angry groups of players, neither hitting the other but all insisting that they hit the other.

I know what you mean, it did go a bit squiffy for a couple of years, but we were there primarily for the camping.

This year I feel was the best year yet. Besides one angry delta dude that offered to "batter" a guy for some imaginary slight everyone was very friendly. Had people coming past on the way to the dead zone complimenting our shooting and play.

26 minutes ago, Hedganian said:

That's the way it should be. If someone hits me with a good shot or sneaky angle, I'll always tell them.

Yup - a solid "HIT, great shot mate!"

Glad that NAE has got a bit better... See above posts RE: 50% Arnies Team in the south - could look at a bigger outing next year, and mostly for the camping and rum.

I really wish they don't bodge up things badly enough that Arniegeddon - The International isn't off the cards...

Also, what amde me smile? (Well, as mucha s I currently care to)? Had a good American shave... As in lathered with soap, hot and cold towels and shaving with the knife...

Turned me from Santa to someone twenty years younger...

IMG_20190824_135012.jpg

IMG_20190824_151013.jpg

About the only thing positive going for me right now is I managed to rebuild the ak105 gearbox without blowing anything up and so far it sounds better.  Probably performs worse but can't tell till next time I get to a field (wish it was today or anytime this long weekend but family screwups and health deterioration say no).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, amateurstuntman said:

But will it be a *suitcase* show of bugs and crappy control porting?

Who knows.  If they pull their finger out, there is no reason it can't be a good port.  Look at how well received the PC port of Gears 5 is.

The fact that current gen consoles are basically PCs now as Hedge says, helps matters.  I mean, we have cross format play now in some games which is hopefully a good indicator PC ports might be OK.

Archived