Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tink, apologies for the double post...

I got back from Iceland early Tuesday morning. It's probably the most amazing place that I've ever been. Surprise 40th from my wife. She did a brilliant job of organising it all, from the brilliant hotel to all the excursions/things to see.

It's like a different planet, and even having seen a lot about it because I've always wanted to go, it doesn't prepare you for the reality.

It's real bucket list stuff, and I'm fortunate to have seen a small part of it. Brilliant people too, a really chilled out country (if you'll pardon the pun).

Living costs are crippling though, but I'm already wanting to go back to see more.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ramped up the bike training.

£ of us are doing Chase the Sun this June.

206 miles in 16.5 hours.  It's going to be tough.

Anyway, I am back down to 108kg and got an FTP of 217 watts.
I'm back to 2 watts per kilo.

Not bad, at my best I was 83kg and 351 watts though.  That's a long way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh I''ve found some parts of this lockdown quite enjoyable. I've been a fan of social distancing for years anyway, my local Asda is really quiet and the local smackheads usually found begging outside it are gone.

Also is it wrong to laugh at all the people who think wearing a builder's dust mask or manky old scarf will protect themselves?

Well, some builders masks will work guys.

The key is that they are FFP3 or FF-P3.

But yes, my mum has made some for herself with elastic and some black linen,
This is what happens when you spend your life teaching home economics and not biology.
Didn't have the heart to tell her.

On 4/7/2020 at 4:41 PM, hitmanNo2 said:

At the very least, people that are wearing masks are reducing the chances of them spreading it.

This is the key really - the various rating systems for masks were developed with ingress, not egress in mind - they're PPE first and foremost. When studied, it's been found that pretty much any level of mask, homemade, surgical, construction and so on, all reduce droplet expulsion to varying degrees. In a situation like this, where the pandemic is in action, people doing what they can to flatten the curve, reduce exposure etc. "every little helps"

And another thing - this is completely anecdotal - but I reckon if more people started wearing them then more people would remember to take, or keep taking, this seriously. Whenever I see someone out and about wearing a mask (I really need to get one, for the rare occasions I go out) I realise "oh, *suitcase*, there's a pandemic". 

• 3 weeks later...

Guess who has got a new computer?

He's tall, a bit chonk, posts the on this forum, double posts actually.

It's me.  Wasn't that hard to guess actually.

Anyway.
Got myself a 3900x, X570m Pro4, a PCIe Gen 4 M.2 SSD, 32 gigs of decent RAM and I am going to water cool it and jam it in (and partly out of) a case with my old 1080ti and PSU because there was nothing wrong with them.

I needed to order some cooling parts so I can't do pics until they arrive but when they do, I will.

That sound you hear is me retching.

CTRL+W, close tab.

Read it, close it.

I have an encrypted drive and any time my laptop is out of my sight I turn it off so that will never happen to me but.  You are sick.

The reason the Tab thing happens to me is that I never log into Youtube, I don't have any subscriptions.
I save the "Videos" page of any channel I like in a OneTab and check them once a day.  Never miss a video, never comply with Google.

• 2 weeks later...

Been away from my online presence for a bit while sorting some things out. Got my head straight now though. 

So, first post here in a couple of months, where do I start? Covid19 is . Lack of airsoft is . I still, so far, have a job though which I'm grateful for. And my car hasn't yet shat it's gearbox out like people told me it would, so that's a plus point. How's everyone else keeping?

Archived