Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it often ends up that we rotate Munchkin (using some weird expansions) and a copy of Cards Against Humanity that one of us picked up in the US :P.

They just lead to so much fun, even if CAH does sometimes go a bit too far and weird...

'FireKnife'

I do like a game of CAH, but I get really of when I play a perfect context sensitive line up that loses to someone that just plays one of the wild cards/most offensive thing possible.

I do like a game of CAH, but I get really ###### of when I play a perfect context sensitive line up that loses to someone that just plays one of the wild cards/most offensive thing possible.

Reminds me of the group I play with.

I usually try to be controversial / innuendo filled (like linking *rickroll* Cheney to political issues etc)

One friend goes for the structured sentences that are well thought out while still harsh.

On friend goes for pop culture and interesting combinations.

The last is just dopey and picks anything that sounds as stupid as possible.

Munchkin often ends up better that way as then it is all down to how you want to play (none of us really want to win, it is too fun).

'FireKnife'

I can recommend the Zombies series.  They are awesome.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twilight-Creations-Inc-2010TLC-Directors/dp/B000HX1NBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396355784&sr=8-1&keywords=zombie+board+game

If you play with a SO though, be warned.  If you play like me you'll probably be denied bedroom privileges ha ha.

I did look at Zombies!!! and I might get it after I can get the Munchkin set well and truly used up.

Plus that reminds me, will have to add in my little 'most stupid character combination you can get'.

Often it ends with the words '...with a duck on their head' way too many times (you combine your items, race, class, gender, powers and anything else into one long name).

'FireKnife'

Vodafone have done well for me.

Sent in a water damaged phone, and when they got it they emailed me, around 1030 to acknowledge receipt. By 1500 ish the same day they agreed it was fooked and sent a new one out via SD, all under warranty.

Happy days, I was expecting a fight :)

Yep, it's an xperia z1, so waterproof. Allegedly. Has been fine before, and I'm constantly checking the port covers are shut, but the charging cover had a faulty seal.

My guess it failed through use, because I open it at least once a day for charging it up, but that ain't my problem!

Just watched the finale of 'How I Met Your Mother' due to it being 'controversial'.

1. It was blindingly obvious from about the first few seasons.

2. It makes no sense as to why people are getting in a flap about it.

3. It wasn't actually that badly done for a finale and really did tie it all in.

4. It was still kinda obvious and no matter how hard they tried to mask it you knew it was all going to come to the same ending.

5. It still doesn't make me want to watch the other 200+ episodes as really it wasn't that amazing in the first place.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

'FireKnife'

It makes sod all difference who the mother is.

That is all I will say given how the ending goes.

Plus it is all over the internet given how some fans have been moaning about it. I thought the idea was perfectly acceptable.

'FireKnife'

You mean I have to go to another website, that isn't arnies? Unheard of!

Matt Berry was entertaining last night (The Ruby Lounge, Manchester). But the place had no crisps or nuts, I was disappointed with that.

Matt Berry's entrance:-

Just watched the finale of 'How I Met Your Mother' due to it being 'controversial'.

1. It was blindingly obvious from about the first few seasons.

2. It makes no sense as to why people are getting in a flap about it.

3. It wasn't actually that badly done for a finale and really did tie it all in.

4. It was still kinda obvious and no matter how hard they tried to mask it you knew it was all going to come to the same ending.

5. It still doesn't make me want to watch the other 200+ episodes as really it wasn't that amazing in the first place.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

'FireKnife'

Who was the mother? I really can't be *swear word* watching the episode as I couldn't bear an episode after season 2.

Don't tell him, I have the entire thing on a box set and I've literally never watched a single episode, I bought it because I like most of the actors.

I've watched HIMYM from the beginning, and I really liked it. 

Having the final season take place over the one weekend was genius, really good filmography.

As FK says, it doesn't matter, really, who the Mother is. She's the mother of Ted's kids, the roomate of that hot chick that was in the OC, and has/had a yellow umbrella. Beyond that, who she actually is, doesn't matter.

I thought it was a good ending, there were a few hints in the episodes before hand, of the final 'twist'. But it was a good ending to a good show. It's not groundbreaking, not everybody will have liked it, but y'know what, stuff like that happens. 

It's a good sitcom. FK, if you've not watched the rest of the show, you're missing out, there's a lot of backstory with character developments that allows you to care for the characters more.

Stunt: The acting is very very good, IMO. NPH playing the stereotypical 'Stud', Jason Segel and Alison Hanigan have real on-screen chemistry, and the rest of the cast are well casted too. The story is weak in some places, but it's a nice little trip to take if you need something to watch for 92 hours... :)

I just used the George Foreman grill in the staff room to cook a Tesco Finest caramelised onion and balsamic burger. In a nice fresh crusty roll.

The warehouse lad sat in there had a Rustlers burger in front of him. 

The jealousy was priceless.

Archived