Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why GOG?

Could of got the bundle on steam for £20 then never bought a game again.

Because I got them for free and they are DRM-free.

Plus I don't have to login in to Steam everytime and have it running in the background which has an effect (albiet a minor one) on my laptop :P.

'FireKnife'

Not to alarm anyone, there is a giant ball of fire in the sky. It's making me not want to wear winter clothing for some reason.

Where, I don't see it?

All I see is gray sky, dull eyed trolls and bland buildings :P.

As for my good day well it is the weekend soon and I have got a job interview lined up so can't complain.

'FireKnife'

Ah, working on a Saturday and leaving biscuits on your desk the day before. Yes I forgot about them, yes past me left me a surprise.

Get in me Hobnobs, you oaty chocolatey barstools you

*Edit, plural for a child born out of wedlock gets through the swear filter. *bramston pickle*.

Ah, working on a Saturday and leaving biscuits on your desk the day before. Yes I forgot about them, yes past me left me a surprise.

Get in me Hobnobs, you oaty chocolatey barstools you

*Edit, plural for a child born out of wedlock gets through the swear filter. *bramston pickle*.

Sir I do not know how old you are but I am old enough to remember a time, long ago, when Hobnobs did not exist.

My life in a nutshell

1977 > Born

1981 > First computer (Texas Instruments Ti99/4, actually it was my dad's but I remember it well)

1985 > Hobnobs

1987 > My first personally owned computer (Tatung Einstein)

1989 > Airsoft and mountain bikes (Trek 850) become available to me

1991 > Internet becomes available to me and Pearl Jam release Ten

1994 > Kurt Cobain and Ayrton Senna die within a month of each other, crappy year that one.

1995 to 1998 > University - My first email address and SCUBA diving becomes available to me

1999 > First mobile phone (Nokia 8210)

2000 onwards > Whatever

My first computer was 16 bit and had 256 bytes of RAM and 16Kb of video memory.

16Kb

My Phone has 64Gb now, that's 4 million times more.

Youtube has only existed since 2005, it's not even 10 yet.

We live in the future.

Also, today I have been doing lovely servicing on my bike.

I replaced my cruddy old 11-32 cassette with a nice new 11-36 one, my worn out 36t chainring with a nice new 34t one.

Replaced the chain with one that has hollow pins, repacked all the bearings in the BB, rear hub and jockey wheels and installed 8 titanium bolts because I like titanium.

I also watched the F1 qualifying but that should be in the other thread.

Also, I now have 100meg broadband.

It'll be going to 150 in June too.

My first modem was a 9.6Kb one.

The future is awesome.

Very jealous of your Internetz. In my student flat we have incredibly flaky 10 meg.

Not to nit pick in the Noodles thread but you're a studious forumer, I'm sure you're aware your phone does not have 64 GB of video memory...

No, but the Ti99/4 didn't really either.

Depending on the version it had 256k of memory that was addressable in the native 16bit Mine was the 99/4 not the 99/4a with the equation calculator so it had more memory available in TI basic.

It also had a further 16Kb of memory in it that was addressed in 8 bit.

Any time the machine called on the expanded memory there was a delay while it converted back and forth from 16 to 8 bit.

The larger memory was mostly used for video however it could be used for anything.

I guess I was saying that the storage capacity was 4 million times greater, not the vRAM.

Anyway, that's my phone.

My first PC had a 40 meg hard drive and a 386 processor running at a terrifying 16 mhz

My phone's got that beat too.

*Edit*

Very jealous of your Internetz. In my student flat we have incredibly flaky 10 meg.

I know, it's awesome, I'm getting 13 meg on the VPN now too.  That's pretty bad-*albatross*.

However please try to imagine moving into a flat in Nottingham to discover the previous owners had put in an ISDN line at 128Kbps and nearly fainting with joy.

Netscape navigator on disc, Microsoft Encarta, hamsterdance, magazines with discs of demos on the front, being able to take a without having to read a tweet about a celebrity doing a .  I miss those days.

My dad has still got a whopping 1Gb external HDD for his old mac. its the size of a ream of paper, works with a SCSI connector (THAT THINGS MASSIVE!)

Makes a noise like a small, unloved french car when in use, too.

The future is *fruitcage* awesome. 

Anyway, i've just ordered a load MOAR bits for the MP5K o'Doom, and a shiny stock and Aim-Point for my soon to be completed 1911 carbine.

On that note - any ideas for cutting a small groove around an inner barrel? I've a stock one left over from my M14, and i'm going to put it in my pistol, for lols... :D

Archived