Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfectly understandable.  Reminds me of something a girl said to me once.  'Guys are so weird.  You want to turn your computer on with a key and start your car with a switch' heh heh.

Very true.

In case you were curious, this is what I'm building:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Ammo-Box-Speakers-1/

Turns out, ammo cases aren't as easy to cut as they look.

Perfectly understandable.  Reminds me of something a girl said to me once.  'Guys are so weird.  You want to turn your computer on with a key and start your car with a switch' heh heh.

If I had my way every thing in my house would be different. The microwave would require a key, the front door would be thumb-print recognition and the little aircraft style red cover over the flip switch would be on every light.

Then again I would also style all of the rooms in said house to be a different decade. 50s kitchen, 60s bathroom, 70s bedroom and 80s lounge :P.

'FireKnife'

Jesus, all the decor mismatch sounds like hell on Earth.

Very true.

In case you were curious, this is what I'm building:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Ammo-Box-Speakers-1/

Turns out, ammo cases aren't as easy to cut as they look.

Looks cool.  Where's a good place to source ammo cans?  In the US they are cheap as chips, over here not so much.

They come up cheap on Ebay on collection only, it's the shipping that's the killer.

Mind you, there's a guy on Ebay based in Northampton selling some nice looking wooden ammo crates with rope handles for not too bad a price. I might get a couple for storage once I've moved house if he'll let me collect.

Punisher (it has a gatling cannon, I don't care how 'effective' it is).

'FireKnife'

Ironically the thing it is the most effective at in my experience is chewing through masses and masses of Imperial Guard.

Jesus, all the decor mismatch sounds like hell on Earth.

Looks cool.  Where's a good place to source ammo cans?  In the US they are cheap as chips, over here not so much.

Where do you live?

I might be able to put my hands on - oh - a million of them.

(No guarantees - I'll have to have a look and see if they're still there.)

Ironically the thing it is the most effective at in my experience is chewing through masses and masses of Imperial Guard.

Well for me it is loads of typical Marine armies so I am sure enough bullets will force enough saves.

However after some blood, cut hands and glue I have built the first of two Executioners. Two tanks done and one left, my Spanish Inquisition with TANKS army is almost done.

'FireKnife'

Have been watching Black Sails (essentially, game of thrones with Pirates.)

Thought some of the soundtrack sounded familiar - not that I'd heard it before, but it sounded similar to something else...

IT'S ONLY BLOODY BEAR MCCREARY! (Him wot did the musics for the newest Battlestar Galactica.) :D

Well for me it is loads of typical Marine armies so I am sure enough bullets will force enough saves.

However after some blood, cut hands and glue I have built the first of two Executioners. Two tanks done and one left, my Spanish Inquisition with TANKS army is almost done.

'FireKnife'

Bloody space marines, everybody and their kids have space marines, then they don't bother learning how to use them effectively, moan that they are under-powered and get grey knights.

Pie plate them to death, charge into combat with rough riders, flank them with multilaser/heavy flamer chimeras and keep a powerblob about to slow them down.

All this talk of space marines is making my wallet itch. I have four hobbies on the go, I can't afford a fifth (nnooooo, I can't).

So the Star Wars cast has been confirmed. Is Andy Serkis going to be in every movie, with cgi characters in it? Though, I'm not going to lie. It gave me memories of being four and waiting to see Return of the Jedi (yes, I liked the ewoks cartoon and the two TV movies -that got a cinematic release here- so I like them in rotj).

Bloody space marines, everybody and their kids have space marines, then they don't bother learning how to use them effectively, moan that they are under-powered and get grey knights.

Pie plate them to death, charge into combat with rough riders, flank them with multilaser/heavy flamer chimeras and keep a powerblob about to slow them down.

I had them back when I was about 10-11 but my last few armies have been very 'non-Marine', including two very power-armour-less Chaos armies.

However my new force is an Inquisitor, his band of merry nutters and some tanks for support. It is a very fluffy and funky army that is probably going to get stormrolled but is going to be a hell of a lot of fun. My Tau army got boring too as all it would do is kill everyones Space Marines and then lead to people not wanting to play. Ah well.

All this talk of space marines is making my wallet itch. I have four hobbies on the go, I can't afford a fifth (nnooooo, I can't).

Yes you can. Plus you can build a full 1,500pts army for about £50 now, so long as you don't mind it being made up of Terminators.

'FireKnife'

FK, part of me wants to scream "Please include some Death Korps" at you, simply because I never could get into the hobby, and their fluff drives me nuts with all the trench and siege warfare.  I spend far too much time on one of the wikis.

I once read a Imperial Guard version of "You know you are ..... when" thread, and it is just win.  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/288137-you-know-youre-an-imperial-guardsman-when/

Some of my favorites are "when your infamous list tailor opponent looks at your army and asks in confusion, "Where are the tanks?",  "When two fists full of dices isn't enough to cover your shooting phase", and "When your opponent with a hint of annoyance asks if your done shooting, and with a big smile you reply no."

Minor thread hijack,

I've a vast amount of 40k I am selling on for a good price, guard tyranids, tau and chaos, drop me a pm....

Any of it unpainted and decently assembled? The Guard that is.

FK, part of me wants to scream "Please include some Death Korps" at you, simply because I never could get into the hobby, and their fluff drives me nuts with all the trench and siege warfare.  I spend far too much time on one of the wikis.

I once read a Imperial Guard version of "You know you are ..... when" thread, and it is just win.  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/288137-you-know-youre-an-imperial-guardsman-when/

Some of my favorites are "when your infamous list tailor opponent looks at your army and asks in confusion, "Where are the tanks?",  "When two fists full of dices isn't enough to cover your shooting phase", and "When your opponent with a hint of annoyance asks if your done shooting, and with a big smile you reply no."

I would if GW (well Forge World) didn't charge £30 for 10 of the buggers. Saying that I could just mod my present Guard, use the Siege Army rules and make them all trench-y.

To be honest all three of those lines can also be used for playing Tau. I do recall being asked how many shots a unit of three battle suits, one commander all with drones got. When I replied that it was 48 my opponent just stood staring. Then I mentioned they were Strength 5 and the just lost it. It is always fun when people lose it, thinking that is unfair while they roll around with all the rules abuse in the world (for those not in the know, just think non-hit taking while mounting a 400fps M249 on an electric box mag and you are not far off).

'FireKnife'

I got bought a copy of the Infantrymans Handbook. Which is both the Uplifting Primer and the Munitorium Manual in one book.

Sat on my shelf waiting for the day I FINALLY get up off my backside and create a Tanith loadout.

its all well assembled, and I'm sure half of it isn't painted...

Wing me a PM then and I will see.

Because of the vast amount of 40K talk, and a guy in the office just packaged up and sold a Space Hulk boxed set..

I've just bought a copy of the Uplifting Primer. Smiles.

Damn, classic or new Space Hulk? Used to love playing that. Also that reminds me, where did my Uplifting Primer go?

I got bought a copy of the Infantrymans Handbook. Which is both the Uplifting Primer and the Munitorium Manual in one book.

Sat on my shelf waiting for the day I FINALLY get up off my backside and create a Tanith loadout.

I planned to do one but the pictures for them keeps changing, here is how they look now according to the new codex:

Tanith_zps8e85c420.jpg

I personally prefer the classic look of camo trousers, black tight-ish top and a cloak that is coloured and sprayed rather than the above man-Wookie :D. Might have to make that this years project.

'FireKnife'

See, in the books they're always described as wearing black uniforms with a "cameleoline" cloak, which according to the fluff is almost an active camouflage type affair. I was gonna use a camo poncho with the front section thrown over the shoulder under the back section for that bunched over the chest look.

I was gonna go for something along the lines of a british style uniform dyed black, black beret with relevant badge, OD plce and gaiters, camo poncho cloak (maybe cadpat for a futuristic look, maybe something a bit more traditional in pattern)

Archived