Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laugh? I jumped out of my skin! I hope the dude that was hit by some flying rubble is okay.

There's no blink reflex with IR as you can't see it, so it burns your retina out before you know it's even there.

Yep, that^.

I think you'd be alright with an IR LED, the light's far less focused. IR LEDs are used in TV remotes, NV CCTV camera and a bunch of other stuff. You can buy an LED module which will fit into a standard Surefire 6P (or clone), giving you an IR torch which will work like a normal torch but only visible through NV goggles. You could, as scorch said, you an incandescent bulb and a filter (that's what had to be done before IR LEDs, but bulbs are rubbish :P

You know the difference between a laser and an LED, right? The laser will give you the tight beam for aiming and target designating and an LED is just like a torch but in a wavelength you can't see.

Laser light is dangerous because it's collimated (focused) and coherent so a laser can focus its energy on a tiny spot, like the back of your (or as you said, someone else's) eye.

It's slightly complicated by the fact that you can also use a laser as an illuminator if the beam is all spread out (like a torch), that's what's in an AN/PEQ-2. But don't bother with that.

You know the difference between a laser and an LED, right? The laser will give you the tight beam for aiming and target designating and an LED is just like a torch but in a wavelength you can't see.

Aye. I don't care for the flashlight feature most replica PEQs have, as I've already a Scout for visible light. Was just thinking what to do with the space, an IR illuminator would be ideal as it gives me something I don't have in another capacity and fits a function of the real one as well as being incredibly handy for when I finally get a  NV rig (in the meantime its a project more of curiosity and perhaps helping teammates lucky enough to have NV). I saw a use for an IR laser too, because that way I'm not giving my position away as easily (unless the opposition have NV as well) but with the safety concerns perhaps its not worth it, was only really being considered because this chap I spoke to couldn't think of something to fit in the space given as a IR torch so he stuck an IR laser in place of the standard flashlight.

I see, fair enough. The VFC PEQ that comes with the torch: I reckon you could get a small IR LED and reflector in the space where the white LED torch is when you get it.

Certainly I'd avoid lasers, especially when in airsoft we're aiming them at other people.

It lashed it down didn't it Scorch!!! I know you're in Northampton but it was just as bad down here in MK we had a river of Hailstones going past the office! it looked like it had snowed, suns out again now!

Untill they get flagged up !! After talking to a retailer on the receiving end of rm wraith I would be cautious . In his case they ruined a shipment , their attitude / answer was that our staff are not qualified to determine if there is gas in containers / mags etc . So we refuse them on this basis . The retailer now gets mags shipped with the valves removed so it is visually apparent to them that there is no gas in them .

I had -serious- problems with one USPc I was buying off the forums. At least it ended up returned to the seller. Seems the Royal Fail and Finnish DFail are runnign an anti-gun-shaped-things campaign. Finnish Fail is even refusing to deliver wooden stocks to guns because they are dangerous...

Defo needs to get a gal friend !!!!

I'm married.

My bike never nags me, doesn't get upset if I try other bikes, doesn't mind about my airsoft, computer, car and other hobbies.

It needs a little TLC from time to time but it is therapeutic.

Ever reliable, a bit heavy (steel), not everybody's taste, but customised to be perfect for me.

I am thinking about dropping £500 on new SRAM S700 hydraulic road disc brakes/shifters.

My wife will be all off about it, my bike will be just quietly better.

I've never understood partners getting *fruitcage*ed off with their S.O spending money on stuff they want, whinging about the cost or telling them they have enough of X thing, even one girl taking photos of what one of my mates has in his collection to monitor what he has added so she can whinge about it.

if it's your money.... I.e the bills you pay are paid, any joint obligations/contributions to stuff like idk sticking some cash away for a holiday or whatever that you are both saving for are done as agreed then the rest of the money should be yours to do with as you see fit.

If you were my partner and the bills you paid were paid up, any joint savings were contributed to as agreed, then the rest of your money is yours to do with as you see fit. I'd use the rest of my paycheck for my stuff and you yours for whatever you wanted. What's the problem....

What has made me smile today is we have hot water back finally this poxy boilers packed up and been repaired about 8 times, just like a tm it works then a little fault then is opened up then it's *fruitcage*ed. The eejits at British gas 'fixed it' then it died a week late lather rinse repeat eventually causing a terminal failure that they wave off as 'it's an old boiler'.... so new boiler fitted and I can have a hot bath for the first time in 4 days. Cold showers suck as does shaving your legs when having to use hot water from a kettle to do it.

Mmmm.

I've had to shave a lot on exercise with cold water and it is a bit sucky.  At least it is sorted.

It is a sore point for me, my wife and I have a policy:

I pay all the bills and give her housekeeping money and any money she makes goes into the savings.

She is annoyed that I end each month on 0 money and don't have any savings to pay for "emergencies".

My argument is that I have a £1000 overdraft that I don't use to pay for emergencies but she doesn't like owing money.

It only annoys me because her viewpoint is utterly irrational and her reaction to discussions about money are disproportionate.

I have never gone nuclear on the argument but the "Fine, you pay half the bills and then put something in the savings and I'll match it" argument would be a nasty one, I make about 20K more than she does.

I'm not sure she could pay half the bills.

Doesn't matter, I'm happy because I'm off out for a bike ride, trying a new route today.  Hoping it will be scenic and 100k plus but I'll probably get lost.

Archived