Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

No kids is the way forward IMO, the only problem is this strange phenomena that now I'm in my 30s, all my mates are simultaneously having kids.

This leaves me with a dilemma, in that I'm steadily running out of drinking buddies. It will be years before any of them can start up a regular social life again, outside of their fellow friends who are parents,where they sit around discussing what boring things their kids did which are so amazing.

They have already started at barbecues and the like. I have to stop them when talking to me, and quote that film with the time travelling ginger bloke "nothing can prepare you for the apathy of your friends who do not have children" then they get the hint.

Darkchild

What film is that?

Also, the inevitable filling of your Facebook feed with pictures of other peoples children, and the fear that you'll one day bump into someone you genuinely like, who has a legitimately hideous baby and you'll have to be polite and not mention it even though they know full well you think it's a hideous baby.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still go out and have drinks with friends (who don't have children) and they ask politely about my children and I have to stop them. This is why:- "Let's not pretend you are interested in my children and I won't pretend to be interested in your job. Agreed?"

Unless of course, their job is something interesting like finding a cure for (insert a terrible desease).

Edit: also, I always find people who only go on about one thing, when they have children, that one thing becomes children. Love my kids to bits, but I also have other interests. Same as I don't go on about how great I think my wife is, I think that, but why do I have to go on and on about it?

Facebook is handy for storing pictures and sharing with family (and some friends who like seeing pictures of my children). But I don't have friends on there, only family and friends who don't mind pictures of children being out up.

Little one is in bed already, so I can actually get started on my housework before 9 at night!!

plus, Good Wife made a nice dinner, and has got her evening jobs done already.

Plus I've an idea for a Pistol Style AK47 that may well work...

Managed to source a cheap and healthy meal system for my evenings so I get good food n me but without it all being full of rubbish. So that's good :P.

Also sorted out all my typical daily issues bar dealing with Royal Mail. So again that is good.

Plus it is payday soon and not long after that #pointless retailer based bull-*suitcase* that is needed to buy RIFs# will be sorted so I can finally pick up a few pistols I have my eyes on.

So all in all can't complain and such. Now just to find a girlfriend, single life is getting tiresome now.

'FireKnife'

Damn it, can't find the right meme to respond to idiotic comment.....

:D

Ah well, back to being happy. Also inspection on flat was fine and dandy too so more reasons to be happy. No stupid first world issues for me.

'FireKnife'

Wait so your mother is your landlord?

Literally or figureatively?

As for me got some Lego stuff coming in the mail so will spend my lunch time at work assembling stuff. That makes me smile. So did having just enough parts to finish a build I had been unsure about.

'FireKnife'

Check out this airsofter's comment on Geissele's Instagram. Not sure if troll or serious...

http://instagram.com/p/qhk53lRztV/

I think stupid is the best way to describe that one. So troll or too stupid to be troll.

Still made me laugh, always have to laugh when people assume airsoft is exactly the same as the real thing and the exact same standards apply.

'FireKnife'

Archived