Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Skynet won't happen.

The MoD won't have enough to put into it while they are too busy spending our budget on super fighters to attack countries that use a .50Cal strapped to a horse / camel as air defence.

The country has to arm for 'A War', not just 'The War'.
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The country has to arm for 'A War', not just 'The War'.

So what War would that possibly be?

Any country that isn't so weak as too not have full air and land defence capabilities is either on our side or in possession of so many men / nuclear material that we would be buggered anyway. Sure there are the likes of Isis but we already have the army of children with too much money fighting them with their oil providers Eastern allies.

The British army is a bit like anti-virus software, most of the small stuff they faced could probably be cleaned up by other methods if people weren't just *rickrolls* in the first place and the rest is so overwhelming powerful that we would be buggered already. I mean aside from The Falklands (which the Argies couldn't bother with now given the country doesn't seem to be doing well anyway) what else would we really have to bother with?

Still it beats the idea of a Scottish defence force that would have come from Independence. From the info released on both sides it sounds like we would have enough to put a defensive line around Edinburgh and bugger the rest :P. Still we wouldn't apparently have gotten a single Red Arrow out of it along with one small ship and one sixth of an aircraft carrier (maybe they could borrow it on the weekends like a divorced Dad) so that is something right? :D

Also almost a week til SSB3DS is in my hands. This makes me far too happy. Oh and found that there is an upload of the Doctor Who serial 'Inferno', which is one I really want to watch but can't find anywhere outside of very expensive DVD copies.

'FireKnife'

Armed forces need to be able to react to any threats, and also act as a deterrent. Already, international politics are putting us at heads with China and Russia again so who knows what it will be like in 5-10 years time. The likes of NATO mean that you can't just consider our own forces as the only deterrent from conflict, it's a part of a larger deterrence. It isn't a case of being able to kick the *suitcase* out of them, it's a case of being able to to enough damage if they do attack, that they will think twice about trying it. As for nukes, conventional forces were a major part of the defence strategy throughout the entire Cold War, no one wants to use nukes.

Waiting to see whether or not my copy of Hyrule Warriors will be retrieved from my contact.  Yay for a game I actually want to play.

Finding myself able to write papers ahead of time these days.  Sure, they are all and will probably make me fail classes, but I want them done.

The music in Hyrule Warriors, it is so hard to stop playing just for that alone.  It has been so long since I had a singleplayer game that I have actively wanted to play, I just wish I could more easily share it with my cousin, who is a huge fan of both zelda and warriors, but does not have a WiiU.

Is Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8 and SSB for WiiU good enough to warranty the £200 / $300 of an actual WiiU though? :P

Still I would like to try it, I do like the idea of seeing more games in that horde mash and smash style gameplay, especially the likes of Zelda.

'FireKnife'

"Looks at ps4 gathering dust"

I would argue so, even though in my case I get stuff cheap.  Not sure if Hyrule Warriors will reach the time allotment MH3u has, but I know it will outlast anything on any of the "superior" consoles.

I suppose it helps that I haven't played a warriors game in awhile, so even though the basics are still ingrained, I am not bored of the slaughter.

True, after playing about 5 of the Dynasty / Samurai / Orochi games they have all kind of blended into one.

Maybe Zelda would help improve that? Saying that I know I am going to thrash SSB this weekend when I get it :).

Also I think I worked out what airsoft is for me nowadays. It isn't going to a site that is amazing, it isn't playing with specific levels of players but it is those moments that are just awesome, those few times a day when everything just goes either perfectly right or hilariously wrong (without leading to big injury). Take yesterday, site still needs a fair bit of work and some of the players were being a bunch of tits as you always get but stuck in a kill house, fending off enemies from a corner with grenades and what not going off by you it was so awesome for those five minutes. The fact this happened a few times easily made up the day :P.

'FireKnife'

I recall having the updated version of that when they re-released the Castle theme in the mid-90s with the evil dragon baron and then added the classic ninjas too (one of which, the most common figure you got, was called Bonsai).

However that reminds me some of my Lego is going up for sale. I am keeping certain ones for diorama and other purposes but the rest is going, anyone want some cheap City theme Lego vehicles?

'FireKnife'

I will try and post them up :P

Main issue is postage, given how the average item is just outside the large letter guidelines and that makes it a £2.90 minimum :(.

Still it would be good to see it get some use, outside of the converted police trap car, the sports car, light fitter truck and the motorbikes I don't really have that much use for the rest.

'FireKnife'

Stood on my phone today. Dont ask...

Called today about buying out of my contract to upgrade as im sick of my phone, was told £230 as I have 6 months left. I moaned so they waived that and are sending a new phone out tomorrow no upfront cost. I them told them I qualify for VEA for 20% off a month too.

I broke my phone, had 6 months left on contract and no insurance. Im getting a new galaxy s5 for nowt in a day or so, for less than im saying now. With 7gb of data and 24 months of netflix. Even got free delivery.

It shows how much phone companies make, I dont feel I got an amazing deal. Good, but im in a corner so didnt push my luck :)

Considering how little it costs for anything nowadays I am still surprised phone companies charge so much.

As for me I can now buy guns from retailers without all the usual BS of explaining to them my perfectly legitimate defence that I have had in place for ages.

'FireKnife'

What was your old defence?

That I could provide about three sites, a handful of marshals, twenty five pictures and many players testimonies that I have been playing from at least 2010 (I actually started back in 2006).

However all that means nothing compared to a little bit of paper with a signature and a stamp apparently. I just never could get to sites regularly enough to actually get proper UKARA but played as often as I could.

Though saying that some places were quite content to accept my defence and sell to me after doing checks but they sometimes just never had the gun I wanted which wasn't so good.

Either way I have the rights to buy now and my M&P looks to be in the post :D.

'FireKnife'

Archived