Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bang on about pinned mags all the time, I gotta ask: how often do you take your mags apart? I almost never disassemble mine, how they're held together is largely academic.

Only when they leak and it always seems to be the pinned ones I have had that leaked first. Trying to disassemble a Detonics mag with the pins in it is a nightmare unless you have all the tools and a perfect place to do it.

With the screw ones you just check they are totally empty, unscrew, change or re-lube the o-ring, tighten carefully and done in minutes with no mag damage.

Though I probably open about one, maybe two mags a year for leaks but it is still annoying by comparison to the ease of a screwed mag. Most pinned mags I just flat give up on as often the pins bend or the tool I am using damages the magazine and I just sell them on for parts instead. Personal gripe but I have a reason, I like ease of maintenance in a gun and screwed mags help a lot with that.

'FireKnife'

I've been a busy bee: two weddings in two consecutive weekends, was in Paris yesterday chillin', airsofting next weekend and talking to an estate agent about buying some property up in the mountains in an undisclosed location in eastern europe (its so cheap my bank can't actually offer me a mortgage!) 

What Stunt, do you want all my leaky mags ;).

Though at the moment I haven't got any and aside from the M&P all mine are screw ones now anyway.

On that note I am also looking up the TM XDM and Fire-Support seem to have it for a good price so might be sending another £195 there way for it and a few mags. And yes I did look at the Marui diagram and check a few things before hand, has everything I could want and I like the grip so its a go :P.

'FireKnife'

talking to an estate agent about buying some property up in the mountains in an undisclosed location in eastern europe (its so cheap my bank can't actually offer me a mortgage!) 

Are you planning to drop everything, move to the Bieszczady mountains and start growing weed?

It's a common stressed office drone fantasy over here.

Both of those films are cinematic gold.

One, one of those films is cinematic gold. The other is a film that even the original cast didn't want to both doing :P.

Saying that the game is awesome, if a tad short. Why could that not have been the second film, it had a much better idea of what was going on.

Also got my order ready for my next pistol. Will order over the weekend and probably see it in my hands by Tuesday, so happy.

'FireKnife'

I've been a busy bee: two weddings in two consecutive weekends, was in Paris yesterday chillin', airsofting next weekend and talking to an estate agent about buying some property up in the mountains in an undisclosed location in eastern europe (its so cheap my bank can't actually offer me a mortgage!) 

How much roughly, do you mind me asking? Considering doing this myself. A colleague of mine used to live in Croatia and work remotely. Was able to save about 80% of his salary before moving back here and buying a *really* nice house!

under £16k for a two bedroom bungalow with well, petrol genny and 1 sq/km of land inc woodland, river and a field

edit: plan to use it as a holiday home at first then maybe I'll have a crack at living the self-sufficient lifestyle for a bit. Main issue is loneliness / solitude haha.

edit 2: still purely academic currently.

I keep looking at the screen-accurate proton pack kits on ebay....

Beaucoup money.

Be careful if you do think of buying, not all are as they seem.

Have a browse on the.RPF if you're seriously considering it :)

I keep looking at the screen-accurate proton pack kits on ebay....

Beaucoup money.

Speak to our much beloved Rhino - he's in the process of making moulds and vac forming a whole buttload of ghostbusters stuff.

A lot of debt has been written off, by places that offer loans with very high interest. Might be that (doubt it though).

Finally got round to checking all my airsoft kit. *fruitcage* me (not including replicas), I really need a clear out. Did enjoy finding things I thought I'd lost. Hello, DDPM osprey vest, time for a post apocalyptic loadout.

Archived