Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked if I could go home early today as I'm knackered and they let me go, I don't normally get to go home early because I'm supposedly too useful. Also word on the grapevine is one promotion is very close, and I think the second one not long after that either (based on some training they would like me to complete).

Now three days off "pestering" this lass (she said she was getting her other nipple pierced this week for one), watching a bunch of movies and trying to catch up on some sleep are among the itinerary. Oh and stalk the Semapo website until they release the AoR2 6094, don't want to miss the first batch.

Doing a nice ebay trawl too for genuine AoR2 pouches that aren't fortunes, the casual gear in me demands it.

Child dropped of to my sisters for the night, and out with the wife for our second anniversary (actually on Tuesday)

Swanky restaurant, her meal isn't good. Not as advertised and cooked incorrectly. I want to kick off, she says it's fine and won't let me.

Bill arrives, and they have missed my rather expensive main off, so more than covers her *suitcase* excuse for a feed.

Pay and walk out, all parties think they are happy!

Personally I would just have said something and came to an agreement with the staff. At least that way in the unlikely event something happened they can't pass the blame onto you, seeing as we live in a world where nothing is anyones fault anymore :P.

As for me, had a great night last night and met a very interesting woman who was fun to talk with. Today watched soome fireworks for about 25mins and also met a nice girl, made a bouncy bed-springs day of it too so can't complain. Also had someone else pay for my lunch which is a first, usually it is me paying up.

Oh and had a fancy steak, fries and salad leave last night that was worth the £20 it cost (unlike some places).

'FireKnife'

Personally I would just have said something and came to an agreement with the staff. At least that way in the unlikely event something happened they can't pass the blame onto you, seeing as we live in a world where nothing is anyones fault anymore :P.

'FireKnife'

I disagree, I am assured everything is my fault. I apologise whole heartedly.

Just bought myself a KAC QD can for my Mk18, so externally she's pretty much complete barring a switch to operate both the PEQ and a Scout and possibly a different front and rear sling point (currently using a Magpul RSA and an ASAP).

So now the interesting stuff can happen, such as converting the can into a tracer unit and making the PEQ run an IR bulb instead of a standard.

So now the interesting stuff can happen, such as converting the can into a tracer unit and making the PEQ run an IR bulb instead of a standard.

The guts from an old 5.25" floppy disk work as an IR filter and cost next to bugger all. If you already have an incandescent bulb in it, that'll do the trick. If it's running an led though, it won't work.

It's a VFC PEQ15 and I'm fairly sure its an LED which is a shame. But I should hopefully be able to wire an IRED to it. This'll probably be one of the last things I do to the rifle anyway as I might need some NOD to make sure its actually working hah.

Still not actually touched the rifle's internals barring changing the hop, still conducting research.

It's a VFC PEQ15 and I'm fairly sure its an LED which is a shame. But I should hopefully be able to wire an IRED to it. This'll probably be one of the last things I do to the rifle anyway as I might need some NOD to make sure its actually working hah.

Still not actually touched the rifle's internals barring changing the hop, still conducting research.

You don't need NV, digital cameras pick up IR. try opening the camera app on your phone and pointing the TV remote at it and pressing a button :)

Derp...

I knew that, was just testing, honest guvnor. Still not too much point doing it barring from a technicality standpoint until I or those I play with invest in some night vision.

What has made me smile is SWAT VTGs being sold for £65 new with 9mm and I think .209 adapters. Might be a cheeky Christmas present to myself as there aren't nearly as many timed BFGs out there as impact (looking into TRMRs, mates bought one so we'll see how he fares).

I half remember it being on, never watched it.

Whatst about? And more importantly, why was it banned? Being banned makes me think it could get amazing...

I have a feeling this might get removed (no swearing just edgy subject matter) but this about sums up much of the insanity that was Monkey Dust (and oddly this was the cleaner part compared to other bits):

It was basically 'ultra-satire', lots of very close to the knuckle and picky jokes mixed in with some subject matter that was funny but had dark, dark, undertones. Sadly it got heavy panned by the usual 'get this filth off our telly' groups that I think it probably parodied at some point too.

'FireKnife'

It was very much an acquired taste I must admit and some of it was very dark, one of those sort of shallow laughs that you didn't really want to make but something just triggered in you. I have a feeling it would be removed but look some of it up on Youtube if you have time, some of it appeals to different people.

However last night I stumbled upon the rather hilarious Jeff the Cottager scene where he sets up one of those 'meet me at midnight for some gay fun' moments in a men's toilet and is instead visited by Trading Standards that fine him for not supplying what he stated in his scrawled message on the wall. Again acquired taste but it is funny to me personally :P.

Also to add to what has made me happy, got more women to meet, including a second date with a rather attractive Polish woman that speaks better English than some of the people I work with :D.

'FireKnife'

Huh, I was told it was removed from the schedule due to issues created by it's ever increasingly strong comment along with the writers death.

I never exactly believed it as while it was good satire it wasn't that bad compared to some other shows on say Channel 4&5 but it did get issues raised against it, perhaps due to it being BBC and not the other channels.

As for the fake films bits I prefer the one they did about The Crusades where all the 'bad-guys' were British voiced and the end with the 'to all the Americans that lost their lives in the Crusades' :P.

'FireKnife'

Found a chap in the UK selling inert .338 Lapua Magnum rounds, among others.

Just to tart my kit up with really, now to try and find a AW .338 magazine...hah

Oh, and the response to the Daily Mail asking if anyone in the UK can make a sandwich...

Archived