Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airsoft inspired TMNT comics? I see no link..

This morning I walked into the Squadron building out of the snow to a slightly over enthusiastic soldier asking "Sir, Do you want to build a snowman?"

When I replied no he then sang, actually sang, "ride our bikes around the hall?"

There's still hope for our guys yet then 

Probably because we don't get enough to warrant spending the money to develop the skills and infrastructure to deal with it.

Snowy countries just crack on with it.

If we get enough that it stops industry, then we get enough to warrant spending the money to develop the skill and infrastructure to deal with it.

logic ftw.

Darkchild

Managed to grab a Ferro Concepts quad MP7 insert for the kangaroo pouch on a 6094 for a decent price. I only bought it as it seems quite difficult to get as a genuine bit of kit and I'm no clone fan (stuff like Semapo is cool, still need to check out some Toy Soldier etc myself). Now I've got plenty of time to decide to go with either the Small Rice or the VFC(I think? The other full size) for using it with, as a Breacher is a more imminent purchase.

It is incompatible with Britain, as everything seems to grind to a halt as soon as we see an inch of snow.

Darkchild

Snow socks - all you need to drive safely in snowy/icy conditions. Well, that and a modicum of common sense/driving skill.

If every car came with at least one pair of these then there'd be no problems on the roads in the snow, and that would solve 80-90% of the UK's snow-related problems.

The TM isn't to be overlooked.

Sure, it's not full size, but are you familiar enough with the real one that you'll notice?

I only mention it as I used the TM at nearly 0 degrees C and it ran like a train, and you live in the UK where it's often cold as a badger.

I saw a side by side of a real and one of the non lifesize replicas and it seemed quite different in my opinion.

But anyway, the MP7 is way off. Hopefully I'll be able to play around with the various options before making a purchase.

Snow socks - all you need to drive safely in snowy/icy conditions. Well, that and a modicum of common sense/driving skill.

If every car came with at least one pair of these then there'd be no problems on the roads in the snow, and that would solve 80-90% of the UK's snow-related problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsiuxim8vsM

It's pretty noticeable when they're side by side.

<Pic Snip >

I've held the real steel, and I own not one but two TM ones... And yet I never noticed this before.

Damn them! What's the logic behind this, anyway? Why not just make it the right size like almost every other gun they've made?

Makes me wonder how many other inaccuracies there are in airsoft products that we just don't notice.

Its believed that the first airsoft manufacturers of the MP7 didn't have access to a real version for measurements. They had a length but it did not include the flash hider in the length. They then calculated the measurements off that, causing the scale issues.

Incredible...

Although probably not surprising since a) Many of the big airsoft companies are Japanese and Japan has ultra-tight anti-gun laws and B) most real-steel manufacturers weren't free about handing out their design specs to replica manufacturers.

It's not something that would really be an issue unless you held the replica and real steel up next to each other (as in the above photo) so I guess it's not a major problem - but I am slightly annoyed by it now that I'm aware of it.

A lot of people are confused about the MP7s role because of its size and pistol-like shape, but it's meant to be HK's answer to the P90. It's neither an SMG, a pistol nor a rifle, but something in between them all. The performance of the round is supposed to be even better than the P90's.

So it kind of makes sense for it to be a closer to an SMG or small rifle in size than a pistol.

Archived