Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

I was so, so keen to go too. I am also a lifelong starwars fan...

Happy, I made myself twice-cooked chips tonight. They were god-like, if I do say so myself!

Yeah, sad to report.

The magic of film makes a horrendous *suitcase*-tip look cool.

They take you to "Owen and Beru's" house, you are expecting a lone underground house in a barren wasteland, it is a balcony of some flat in a suburb.

The "cantina" is someone's doorway.

The scenes were shot on multiple locations and the interiors were on a a sound stage, probably in the UK.

There is no one location that shouts Star Wars.

Also, to get there from your typical tourist resort is a seriously long bus trip.  I mean long as *fruitcage*.  Africa is big as *suitcase* man.

Twice cooked? What makes them so good?

Science.

Going to be moving in with a couple of friends in July. It'll ne great to have a home and not just somewhere to crash out, to be able to cook again and live somewhere clean.

Also waiting to hear back from my Area Manager with a date for my Shift Leader interview which everyone thinks I'm going to ace. Just hope its not before Friday as I've not got any formal shoes yet.

I haven't slept since Saturday morning!

I'm totally wired!

Exclamation mark!

http://tpks.ws/L6ae

Ginge, if I'm reading that properly, it says you cycled for over 20 hours straight?

Why?

(also, can't zoom in on the route, looks as though you went through my old stomping grounds though. Did you go through/near Bury St Edmunds, at all? If so, you were within a bike ride (ha!) of Gunman Airsoft Tuddenham. Brilliant place.)

Sort of, I had to stop to get evidence of passing through the control points and stop to eat but my total time on course was a hair under 21 hours.

My time on the bike was 17.5 hours out of the 21.

Annoying really, I was riding with a guy who kept wanting to throw in unnecessary stops (stops not at a control point) and spending more time stationary than necessary.

At the control point in Barton Mills I came out of the toilet and he was asleep on the grass next to the petrol station.

In the end I left him sleeping in a bus stop in Balsham and did the last 4ish hours without wasting any time.

The route goes past Bury St Edmunds twice but never through it.
You should be able to zoom in on this one - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/770187312

Let me know if it doesn't work...

Also, why?

Why not?

100% increase in zoomability, cheers.

You practically rode past Gunman on the return stretch - turn left onto the high street in Tuddenham, then fork left onto Cavenham road and it's down their on your right... 

Also seriously, you like, made a loop around all the places I ever went before I moved up to Yorkshire. 

Mrs. Tink came from a few miles away from Stradbroke, we holidayed a few times at Southwold too.

And so you cycled for over 17 hours... on porpoise? Like, nobody was forcing you to?

todays happy: didn't need rocker cover gasket - it was just excess oil from the oil feed line. found the bung to go in the hole in the bulkhead. Haircut. 

Found out why speakers not working - they're original - TWENTY FREAKING FOUR YEARS OLD! and so blown. easy fix.

I leave for Germania at stupidly early Sunday next week.

It's finally happening. It's actually happening.

I'm going to asplode my car on the 'Ring. :D

Stunt, you are mad. Or brilliant. Possibly a mix.

Tink, dashcam footage please of you on the ring. High def please so we can pick out the exact parts leaving your engine at 7000 rpm...

Are you -certain- you want the dash cam to point at Tink when he's driving around the Ring? Not that it wouldn't be amusing to see his expression when things start coming out of that Corrado engine... :D

Also, reading Arnies before morning tea: "Schautzer with Poodles" -thread... >.<

You have genuine talent.

Is that an SG something or other?
I like those.

100% increase in zoomability, cheers.

You practically rode past Gunman on the return stretch - turn left onto the high street in Tuddenham, then fork left onto Cavenham road and it's down their on your right... 

Also seriously, you like, made a loop around all the places I ever went before I moved up to Yorkshire. 

Mrs. Tink came from a few miles away from Stradbroke, we holidayed a few times at Southwold too.

And so you cycled for over 17 hours... on porpoise? Like, nobody was forcing you to?

I was going to say "small world" but it isn't when you are cycling around the *bramston pickle*.

Good news about the car.  Have fun at the 'ring, stay under 80% and enjoy yourself, she's called the green hell for a reason.

Yes on purpose, however I now have a mental image of me riding a porpoise around.  It's hilarious.

Stunt, you are mad. Or brilliant. Possibly a mix.

Tink, dashcam footage please of you on the ring. High def please so we can pick out the exact parts leaving your engine at 7000 rpm...

Thank you sir.

I may have bought a hideously cheap dash cam for just this situation (trying to work out to to make it do a hyper lapse style thing of the route there and/or back. 'S'nae a proper GoPro, so tricksy) Trying to work out a decent mounting system so you can see my hands on t'wheel while i'm going 'round.

I hope to see you on one of the non crashy type compilations on YT Tink.

Me too! I'm obviously not planning on crashing, but that said, if I do... crashing simply must result in a fatality for me, I'm simply can't afford to repair the 'Ring (I'm hoping that if you die, they don't actually go after your rellies for payment for however many meters of Armco barrier...)

Are you -certain- you want the dash cam to point at Tink when he's driving around the Ring? Not that it wouldn't be amusing to see his expression when things start coming out of that Corrado engine... :D

Also, reading Arnies before morning tea: "Schautzer with Poodles" -thread... >.<

Thing's wont start coming out. Knowing my luck, the recently rebuilt 'charger will go all CERN LHC and start sucking in all the other bits on the track, Katamari style D:

I was going to say "small world" but it isn't when you are cycling around the *bramston pickle*.

Good news about the car.  Have fun at the 'ring, stay under 80% and enjoy yourself, she's called the green hell for a reason.

Yes on purpose, however I now have a mental image of me riding a porpoise around.  It's hilarious.

Thank you sir.

I have a nasty habit of mentally replacing EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE of the word 'purpose' with the word 'porpoise'. It makes things so much better.

I'm aiming for a 15 minute lap of the Nordschleife. I figure this is adequate for a first ever visit and a 24 year old car I don't really know that well yet - I've not properly driven it on the edge yet.

19d9009c82596a84dc0ffadd8c2ecabe.jpg

You have genuine talent.

Is that an SG something or other?

I like those.

Thankyou!  It is a mixture of SG552, a G36c, a vz.58 with a stock that is a mixture of a Remington ACR and an MP5K pdw.  I basically mashed all of my favourite guns together.

Darkchild

Looks nice. I imagined him (if he's the guy form Contractor) as slightly bulkier, but as Stunt said, talent.

Also, if anyone is considering a new Golf GTI or similar 'hot hatch':

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201504142584415/sort/default/radius/1501/model/s_class/channel/cars/postcode/dn147uh/usedcars/make/mercedes-benz/page/19/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

Yes.

5.8 V12. 

367bhp.

Under 10k.

Archived