Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officer's Mess meeting this morning - topic for discussion "Why are there so many bloody feral cats"

Solution: Detail a few soldiers with big sticks and a bag to patrol the Mess waiting for cats/females to jump.

Escalated Solution: RAF Sqn OC and myself are heading out this afternoon in shooting jackets, flat caps and airrifles.

Cowboy Bebop is better than most on TV these days. But oh nnnnooooooeeeessss, it's a cartoon, I can't watch that so I'll just watch 22 blokes kick a ball about and get all aggressive. That's not childish that's manly, not like watching a cartoon at all. Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I generally like watching football but see it as a childish sport, and generally watched by people with *fruitcage*ed up Peter Pan complexes.

Better off holding fire before pulling the trigger on a new rig.  New Intel processors coming soon and wait to see the dust settle from the AMD announcement to see if there any price drops on Nvidia cards.

Caved and pre-ordered Fallout 4 for PC. Unfortunately the Pip boy edition is sold out but the shop assistant said Bethesda may produce more or people might back out. Hope they do.

Now I've got to get my desktop out of storage and work out if I can install a GPU capable/worthy of playing it given my rig is at least three years old. And then save...

Caved and pre-ordered Fallout 4 for PC. Unfortunately the Pip boy edition is sold out but the shop assistant said Bethesda may produce more or people might back out. Hope they do.

Now I've got to get my desktop out of storage and work out if I can install a GPU capable/worthy of playing it given my rig is at least three years old. And then save...

I could sell you a pair of 6950s if you can be bothered running crossfire - should run it OK unless you have a 4K monitor or something bonkers..

I'm thinking of going single GPU.

Why pre-order anything?..

I mean Fallout 4 is clearly going to be incredible, it's the exception - Bethesda can have my caps.* The Fallout Shelter IOS game is great fun as well, if addictive. Had a Vault Dweller called 'Gary Smith' and he walks around saying "Gary!" which got a chuckle.

On the pre-order front, you're paying for something that isn't even finished yet. Why people rush to pay full price for an unfinished game is beyond me. It happens with every COD, Battlefield and FIFA. The pre-order guys are elaborate play testers!

*I've already planned to get it at a midnight launch.

If you're already sold on getting the big games launch day, you may as well pre-order them.  For PC at least.  Get in early enough and you can get COD for £20, FA4 for £25 e.t.c. from key sellers.  Closer to release and they go up.

If you're already sold on getting the big games launch day, you may as well pre-order them.  For PC at least.  Get in early enough and you can get COD for £20, FA4 for £25 e.t.c. from key sellers.  Closer to release and they go up.

How? All the preorder prices i've ever seen are at 100% of regular game sales, and the fancy ,metal boxed/statue packs are 150% or higher! (I'm looking at you Batman collectors edition)

My day is over and I have a good film to watch. Plus chicken, rice and garlic bread night which is a small mercy.

Oh and I have more pistols and they all fit in my generic holster I bought for spares, so yay :D.

'FireKnife'

Archived