Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today i dicked about on a dirt bike, got all my airsoft stuff out of a trunk and organised inside a cupboard, and last but not least, after some fiddling I have 10 working 40mm shells. Payday on tuesday and im finally gonna join the 21st C and get some molle gear for a game on the 18th which will also be the end of my 4 week sober period!

I really hate that new shiny pretty tvs mean light guns don't work. When I was 8 I had major surgury on my legs and spent 3 months bedbound. I played time crisis 2 on the playstation so much I could complete it on max difficulty on two player on my own with full on wootastic dual wielding.

The first time I went away with scouts after I got to the can go out in wheelchair stage we went to an arcade for a day on our winter camp. I roll over to tc2 put 4 pound in and slowly stand up struggling to balance. My headphones go on, i hit play on the cd playsr and to a sound track of tool and rage against the machine proceed over the next hour and a half to clear it all on my own without putting any more money in.

It was kind of like that scene in Tommy and in the last starfighter where kids are clustered round the machine just watching and staring.

I finished the game every part of the playthrough on story mode completing every hidden bit and every challenge in the story game burned through the second game mode and once done I just stared at the guns in my hands let them drop into the holster bucket things and sort of collapsed back into my chair and rolled away without saying a word, I didn't know what to say, it was just...

It was exhausting mentally and physically being stood there so focused and yet not able to remember anything. It was like everything was being done subconsciously. I didn't have to think about the reload shake or the secondary weapon use or the tagging of the power up or med pack it just happened.

Iv never been able to repeat that run that we'll sure iv completed it on two player solo, sure iv done it on hard but I just had that one run where everything clicked and I was just in the zone it was just completely and utterly perfect but also heartbreaking because I know I will never be that good ever again.

This rambling diatribe must sound *fruitcage* nuts that I was heartbroken by having the perfect run and knowing it took everything I had and pushed me to the edge of my talent my drive and my luck.

Time crisis will always be special to me and if I ever had the space and the money a light gun make cabinet would be something I'd want so badly I can taste it.

Ever see the scene in XXX where vintage diesel.talks about how he learnt to handle a gun.... that scene hit.close.to home the obsession and the drive to beat the game.

RCMO at my new unit said I can turn up early to use the gym if I want.  

So let me get this straight, you'll pay me MORE to work out in my own time?

Jackpot.

I'd say it's "professional development". I mean, you need to be fit to run circles around those miserable tossers straight out of boot camp, right?

After meeting them, I'm fairly certain I can already run circles around 99% of the unit.

It's sad that people need to be enticed by extra cash to work on their fitness.  It's even more sad that only one or two of them actually do it.

Darkchild

As I work in finance our widows have restrictors to stop all the accountants jumping if there's another black Monday scenario, I've managed to prize them open and I'm now sitting in glorious direct sunshine as I type, and I had a bubblegum calipo in the sunshine at my desk which is nice! 

I never got pure transindental focus on Time Crisis but I have had it on Goldeneye.

4 player die and you're off, 8 people in the room switching in on death, unlimited game, one shot kills in The Stack with remote mines.

I didn't take a single hit for over 3 hours.

I utterly dominated with the AR33.

That was the game that I realised that when you shoot someone who has mines the mine that pops out of their body as a pick-up can be shot immediately and will explode.

So many triple kills.

I joined the gym at Brompton Barracks today, £30 for a year and I had to get public liability insurance which cost 16 quid.

I just checked my bike in to oversized baggage so my next phys session will be abroad.

Feeling good...

Free gym was a deciding factor in extension of commission.

Also the whole 'people salute me' thing. That's nice.

But the gym man.. 4 power racks, billions of weight plates, hundreds of concept 2s, two seperate boxing gyms, a crossfit 'zone/box', squash courts, swimming pool.. and as many football fields as one man can sprint around.

My boss has pushed down a load of USMC doctrine he wants us to impliment.

Most notably their mindset of phys is something you do every day regardless of employment and/or work load. They have fitness and marksman scores on their reports as standard, something that isn't included in British Army reports (just a drop down 'Physical Stamina - B-')

Soldier A can be a *suitcase* hot technician and very competant, but be morbidly obese and undeployable.
Soldier B is a competant tecnnician but an exceptional soldier as well, fit, robust - deployable.

A's report says "*suitcase* hot technician"
B's report says "competant technician"

B gets made redundant, A keeps his job despite not being able to do fitness or deploy.

The smile bit? Sitting in O-Groups announcing mandatory PT is going to 5 sessions a week. Harder sessions and no excuses.

Hooray! GAME are to have more FO:4 Pipboy editions to order as of 9AM Friday, which is funnily enough my day off. Going to get the early bus in and lurk.

Really want to build a Fallout loadout now. Like NCR Ranger Combat Armour but would probably fry in it.

I'll shut up about Fallout, for now.

Hooray! GAME are to have more FO:4 Pipboy editions to order as of 9AM Friday, which is funnily enough my day off. Going to get the early bus in and lurk.

Really want to build a Fallout loadout now. Like NCR Ranger Combat Armour but would probably fry in it.

I'll shut up about Fallout, for now.

I just ordered some thin yellow pleather for the stripes and number on my Vault Suit. Also, next week I'm getting my PipBoy materials.

And I have a Chinese Assault Rifle converted from a Cyma Galil.

Chinese Assault Rifle is probably my favourite rifle in the game.

Or the Marksman's carbine from Vegas.

Also coming to doubt my source. Will see tomorrow anyway as need to change my pre-order location. Here's hoping.

Also coming to doubt my source. Will see tomorrow anyway as need to change my pre-order location. Here's hoping.

Sounds like you're going to need to pre order the pre order with a deposit.

I'm quaffing a nice Shiraz, had an easy day, sun is out (well, going in now, but meh, a nice evening), food in oven, dogs curled up at my feet, SAS book being read, nice weekend approaching fast.

Life ain't so bad at the moment :)

Edit, airsoft spending spree is coming to a close too. Probably a good thing to be honest!

Until next month when instead of buying cool-looking kit, it's internal upgrade time dun-dun-DUNNN!

Decided to try out today Wonderful 101 game that I had got with my last amount of Club Nintendo points before it shut down.

Oh Platinum Games, why can't you work on everything?

My sides were hurting from all the moments I failed, the laughter was too much.

Archived