Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooray! GAME are to have more FO:4 Pipboy editions to order as of 9AM Friday, which is funnily enough my day off. Going to get the early bus in and lurk.

Really want to build a Fallout loadout now. Like NCR Ranger Combat Armour but would probably fry in it.

I'll shut up about Fallout, for now.

Got mine this morning, games CS to apologise for me not managing to get my order through the site despite trying from mid day and phoning cs and having them confirm my order was going through. They searched the local area shops and found me a store that hadn't filled their allocation.

Yes I had to pay 20 quid more in store for my deposit.... so 20 rather than 40 but I have the slip with me now.

Pipboy edition for the pc so I have till November to save for and build the gaming rig I want.

The store had 15 left as of 530 yesterday and at 0910 this morning had six left. (Five after I got mine)

So what the hell is the club thing with the bobble head stuff?

So I was waiting outside mine from about 8:20 and the dude came out to ask if I was waiting to come into the store. As I said yes he asked what I was after and I started saying I'd heard about their allocation and he knew instantly. I had to pay £40 too but that's less to pay on the day (or day before as apparently they allow payment the previous day). So now I can go to the Midnight Launch with one of my best mates and probably go back to his and watch him play/crash round his for the night. Can't wait to get my PC out so I can work out what GPU I can fit in it or if its worth upgrading the MoBo and Processor too. Ideally need a new screen and headset too as my current monitor is a measly 19 inches.

Also Black Hawk Down was on the other night. Really revived the old school kit love (GBBR/Recoil XM117 anyone? DELTAAAA!!).

Most importantly though family are coming up tomorrow. Not seen them since March so it'll be nice to see them and show them I'm no longer in a crack den.

I'm a little off I have to pay more for the privelidge of an in store order that I've been forced to pay because their website was incapable of coping with the demand and their cs team lied to me. But hey ho.....

Ok so do I have a vaultsuit made for November or do I just rock up with raider armour? If vaults it which vault? I'm thinking either the all woman bar 1 man vault or the 1 woman or the cryo storage vault. Ooor maybe a boomer vault. Idk so many options.

I didn't realise the online orders this time round were £20. I assumed they bumped them all up.

As for an outfit I'm torn myself. I do love the NCR Ranger Combat Armour with the riot armour and the trenchcoat but I feel it'll be far too warm, at least for airsoft. Because yes I do need a Fallout/Apocalypse inspired loadout.

I'm surprised that the battery still holds on my ancient palmtop (the thing I want to make into a PipBoy). Sure, I'm hardly using it, but for a ten-year lithium battery, staying at 66% after two days (with the wifi on!) of laying on the shelf is something of an achievement.

I went to ikea today. Bought a table for my conservatory so now I have somewhere to work on guns without having to cover the place in newspaper and without fretting about silicone oil ruining the carpet.

Lovely day with my mum and her boyfriend and my brother with his girlfriend.

Bought myself two sets of Craghopper trousers from TK Maxx and they bought me a Craghopper jacket (in grey, new loadout basis maybe?) and a shower adapter.

They are soldiers, just a different kind.

It takes a certain mindset to work a "normal" civvy job all week then put on green for the weekend instead of putting your feet up like everyone else.

You'll get used to it - probably faster if you stop looking down on them as being "less than Regulars"

Courses must have changed since I did mine - if anything they used to be "harder" than the Regular course because they had broadly the same content compressed into a much shorter timeframe.

Depends on the trade, of course - there were some trades that were Reserves-only and some that were Regulars-only. Most trades, though, apply to Regulars and Reserves.

Pretty skint due to aforementioned purchases BUT... if there are places on LSD by the end of the month then count me in...

Read on facef**k today that viper is full and LSD only has a few places left...

Courses must have changed since I did mine - if anything they used to be "harder" than the Regular course because they had broadly the same content compressed into a much shorter timeframe.

Depends on the trade, of course - there were some trades that were Reserves-only and some that were Regulars-only. Most trades, though, apply to Regulars and Reserves.

Their standards for fitness etc are lower across the board, the trade courses are the "same" but broken down into 2 week chunks, so it requires better memory retention on their part, but is less intense and stressful for the individual because they can just do it when they want.

Plus there is no actual incentive to follow orders, because if they receive an order they disagree with, they can (and I have been told of a few examples where this has happened) just leave.

Being a regular soldier is a lot like being in prison in direct comparison to this aspect, and can actually end up in a prison term if you disobey orders.

Even over the few sessions I've spent with them I've noticed a blase attitude towards rank, and everyone just tends to stand around looking confused when a senior NCO tells them something needs to be done, whereas in the infantry blokes would be getting detailed by junior ncos all over the place to get *suitcase* done as quickly as possible.

Like I said, they are nice people with good intentions, but I have seen very little in the way of soldier-like standards being upheld in my short time at the unit.

Darkchild

If that is true, they will learn less and end up being less qualified at the end of it, thus proving my point.  People don't suddenly develop the ability to learn 7 weeks of information in 7 days just because they are civilians.   

Reservists are inferior to regular soldiers, as you would expect from people that do one evening a week and the odd course, compared to someone that lives, eats and breathes their soldier lifestyle 24/7.

Whatever optimistic arguments you come up with cannot argue with this, it is simply true.

Here is one example for you:  A reservist only has to attempt his PFT in order to be considered fit for duty.  They don't have to meet the standard, they don't even have to finish the test at all, as long as they "try".  A regular soldier who fails his PFT will be put on remedials, where he will be forced to conduct 2 extra hours of PT every evening, after working hours, monday to friday, until he is fit enough to meet the standards.  And he doesn't get a bonus for completing his MATTS every year, unlike the reservists.

Darkchild

I've come from a regular Air corp unit to a reserve Infantry one and I was shocked to find them more laid back than my last unit! Happy things, taking the week off to see the family back in Hereford inbetween two weekends of skirmishing

I've come from 4 Rifles to a reserve tankie unit, and the first time I met my new boss I paid the proper compliments (braced up, as I was in civvies) and everybody present looked at me like I had just offered to fight him.

Laid back is an understatement with these dudes.  Upside to that, not many people volunteer to go away and do stuff, for whatever reasons, so I can do as much, or as little work as I want!

Darkchild

Seems strange that they don't enforce stuff like that because I could see it causing g problems when they go operational and surely the motivation and the mentality of 'we are professionals' would be better for morale.

Shame I can't join, I'm barred by statute even when I was fit enough to pass the fitness test when I tried I then I mediate ly failed the medical. Tried for all three services.

Happy thread iv found a way to get my room cold at night.

That nerd moment when you've started a new loadout and look forward to getting new goodies. This one is going to be practical, nothing fancy or extra that will end up just slowing me down. Keep it simple *manager of suitcases*. Simple.

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh, a sale on recon back backs. . .

Edit: hahahahahahahaaaaaaahhhhhaaahhhhhrrrrrrgggghhhhh.

Manager of suitcases. Brilliant. The term used to replace poo head.

Archived