Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Only thing with the DTG kits is that looooong hop-up rubber and nozzle assembly. Leads to that enormous break-in period, in which (and I quote the manufacturer) "fliers and chopping of bbs may occur. This is normal while the bucking is breaking in."

Nope.

Yet with a p* you have to tune the psi, tune the ecu. Make sure its going to function.

DG set the psi, go shoot a load of bbs then your ready to go. But the break in period is an estimate.

Brainexploder on yt dg'ed a fal and his seems to work fine except the hop screw came out a bit cause recoil. But a second set screw as a stopper will hold it solid.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For someone trying not to start a flame war, you are being pointlessly provocative. For many - perhaps even most - airsofters, airsoft is not about winning, and I for one am very glad about that. I play airsoft to have fun, and find people that talk about choosing platforms based on their ability to shoot 5-rd bursts in less than a one tenth of a second tiresome and boring. Suggesting that the superior way to play airsoft is to have the best gun is frankly embarrassing.

Also, while I don't use the phrase 'empirically better', I think you definitely need to use caution before throwing the phrase 'technically inferior' around. A Polar* may be a great BB-slinging device, but it's pretty terrible at imitating a real gun, which is much more important to me (and a lot of other airsofters) than ultimate efficiency. Polar*s' complete lack of feedback and interaction - no recoil, no noise, no bolt-lock, no stop-on-empty - are major black marks against them even before you get to the it-has-to-be-connected-to-a-hose elephant in the room. Recoil Shocks, as well as being markedly cheaper than Polar*s, have all of these things and don't need to be plugged into their owner like some sort of weaponised dialysis machine.

Like the others have said, if I wanted the most efficient and advantageous way to play, I would undoubtedly have a Polar*'d MP7 or P90 or similar - something light and compact, with high-capacity mid-cap magazines. Instead, I aspire to guns that are fun to play with, and cast no aspersions about which is best, as if such a thing could conceivably be determined anyway.

I also play only to have fun, I have stated that on many occasions.  However I find that the failure of my equipment to perform as intended seriously hampers my enjoyment.  I am tired of it and my selection of P* negates that.

I am sure you can understand that the whole point of my post was to state that I came to my decision logically.  Your decision to use a weapon that closely mimics the operation of a real weapon is to the detriment of its efficiency as an airsoft toy.

Plus it doesn't satisfactorily mimic the operation of a real weapon for me.

I don't even notice the hose, I seldom used an airsoft toy without a sling and never used a real weapon without one.  Coming from that background the hose is an irrelevance.

The recoil shock makes noise, sure but it doesn't sound like a firearm.

There is enough aural feedback from the P* to know when you are out of ammo and that is enough for me.

If I wanted to mimic one feature of a real firearm it would be the feature whereby if I shoot at them I hit them.

Unfortunately with airsoft the rounds are less then predictable in any kind of outdoor situation, that is where the high ROF short burst makes them superior.

5 rounds on target give a better chance of one of them hitting and being felt.

It was (as I stated in my first sentence) not my intention to annoy anyone.  I make a large number of life choices based purely on logical analysis of my situation due to my ASD.

I respect your right to make choices even if they are not choices I would make.

If there was a best we would all use that.

Entirely wrong.

There are many areas where a "best product" is available but very few where there is a single dominant product.

Even where the answers is subjective people still voluntarily buy sub-standard products for illogical reasons.

My wife's brother for example buys cars based on colour and gets an absolute stinker every time.

I won't buy a laptop that doesn't have a track point.  That reduces my options.

Only thing with the DTG kits is that looooong hop-up rubber and nozzle assembly. Leads to that enormous break-in period, in which (and I quote the manufacturer) "fliers and chopping of bbs may occur. This is normal while the bucking is breaking in."

Nope.

I had a Sun Project M4 that had SniperX upgrades which were brass.  Then a DaytonaGun gearbox which is basically the same but in steel.

It chopped BBs the whole time I had it.

It was 20 years old (broken in) and chopped BBs, upgraded, fettled, chopped BBs.

It never stopped.

Some BBs were stronger than others, with them it just jammed.

Entirely wrong.

There are many areas where a "best product" is available but very few where there is a single dominant product.

Even where the answers is subjective people still voluntarily buy sub-standard products for illogical reasons.

My wife's brother for example buys cars based on colour and gets an absolute stinker every time.

Ding ding ding.

we all have different tastes.

Clearly even if there was a 'best' X, many people wouldn't like it, or would prefer something else.

I have a 24 year old, front wheel drive 'hot hatch' (is it a hatch when it's actually a coupe?), and for the money I've spent on it so far, I could quite easily have bought a good rear wheel drive little sports car. MX-5's are pretty much the answer to everything - unless you're  6'5" tall and have an affinity for german cars. MX-5's are arguably one of the best handling sports cars of all time, and I don't like them, and can't fit in them.

I could have bought a subaru impreza which would make a lot more power, and being AWD would have a lot more grip and arguably would be a more engaging drive.

In fact, list of cars I could have bought instead of the Corrado: MX5 (mk1); renault Clio 172, MG ZS, Scubadu impreza turbo, ford fiesta ST170, Mazda RX8, Toyota MR2 (and the turbo), a ratty Peugeot 205 GTI, SEAT Leon Cupra (mk1), Audi TT Quattro (mk1) Skoda Octavia VRS, SAAB 9-3 turbo, Toyota Celica vvti, 

and to top it all off...

A MUCH BETTER CONDITION CORRADO.

The 'best' car for me at the moment would be something like a VW Polo diesel on a lease plan.

*fruitcage* the 'best' option. Gimme the one that I want.

I want enough recoil to make somewhat realistic shooting techniques needed/useful, reliable and accurate operation and close to realistic capacity magazines ad for the most part the guns I use hit those targets.

two miss them, the p90 because the reliable aeg backup gun has no recoil and the spring shotgun, because a reliable practical multishot shotgun with a realistic shot capacity also sacrifices recoil.

the Polarstar for me brings additional challenges that make the system a no go, the weight on my back being the main one.

my personal opinion of the system is somewhat coloured by my experience of the players I find using them, the elitism, the arrogance and the polarstar am bestest  gnu commentary with a habit of on every other option and on those who choose not to use them. dismissing the reasons why people don't use/like them as sour grapes because "dirty pauper" or "haterz"

the other issue I have with them is the frustration I get to feel when explaining to people how joule creep works and how the chrono system of yes/no based on fps with x weight doesn't work well with polarstars (or any gas gun to be fair but p* systems can show the effect in a more dramatic way)

the fact that some refuse to believe it and the system is fairydust and unicorn jizz on each bb and the range increase over an aeg is because p* and the fact that some people deliberately exploit it knowing full well they have a hot gun irritates me.

the system doesn't do what I want it to do which is replicate a real weapons system and until it can I don't really have an interest in it, in pure performance terms its the easiest way to get a high rps buzzsaw or high fps powerhouse running but it isn't a panacea for airsoft merely another tool in the toolbox.  

some sort of hybrid of the DTG and P* would in all probability be the closest thing to a perfect system for assault/battle rifles the pdw class and the support weapons systems but I doubt it could ever be the same for either the smg or the sidearm.

You can do some cool things in terms of launchers with one I would assume as the valve and hpa system could be used to safely and easily make mortars and other man portable launcher systems. hell I could easily see small scale artillery pieces using the system. (with the correct in game rules and the right foam projectiles.) 

I to use gbbr because I want realistic form and function.

I to want as much recoil as possible but that can lead to more malfunctions and issues. My we was like this, went back to oem spring and buffer and its right as rain.

Right now I'm waiting for shipping confirmation on my ghk m4 and plan to devilhunter mod it next year.

I'm not into auto anyway, the increase in gas consumption of the DHM will give me an excellent MILSIM weapon that I don't ha e to worry about gg/propane issues.

Yeah UKMC are pretty decent guys to deal with. As are Ammodrop (just received my 3 MSK mags, WE maintanence kit and abbey maintanence gas from them, nice and speedy).

Now to look into how to properly maintain a GBBR.

All I did with my we m4 and pdw was use cotton swabs and wipe down the "pin" locations and generally anything that moves, till I got the majority of the blackened gook off. Then a drop or 2 of 75 weight rc shock oil on all parts that move.

Make sure the bucking and barrel were clean. I used caned air on the bucking, paper towel swabs on an unjamming rod.

Otherwise I did nothing else, I used gg on my mags, Teflon taped the bucking to the barrel for a better seal.

Ran it hard for 2 years, I was not nice to it, only upgrade was bucking, tbb and npas.

I used a polishing compound on the oem barrel to make it smooth and ran tht for a year. I got the barrel because I wanted a 14.5" barrel as I had a cqbr. Figures why not upgrade the barrel.

I liked the oem better as my local has meh bbs.

Talking about how awesome Tactical Kit I ordered a belt yesterday. It was delivered today as to be expected but it's the wrong size (im 31" and both that's the cinch point between small/medium). Gave them a call and asked if I can exchange it tomorrow as I will be practically driving past tomorrow on the way to AI500. They were happy with that so im going to get a chance to look around all the shineyz tomorrow :)

Could be an expensive trip! :/

I was boozing hard as a guest of a reserve RAF squadron commemorating the Battle of Britain.

Finished at 0400 and PT at 0700. A PTI was at the event last night and last man in the bar. He was not present at PT but i've just seen him in a meeting.

Schadenfreude hits hard and I feel amazing now in comparison to him.

Unfortunately its another of my big hobbies. Just not done anything with it for a few years as I'm waiting for a specific release which is still a while away and been blowing my disposable on airsoft.

But then I saw photos of the upcoming battlesuits for another race I collect and just caught the bug again.

I got out of 40k after I had a break and was told when I went back in the store that I was not allowed to play unless I bought the new rulebook and played current rules.

So I sold all my models and bought TAG grenades with the cash.

Press play, then read.

Drove to work this morning, the rain was hard and my car wasn't quick, I'm feeling scared and feeling quite sick

I felt like there was something wrong with my day to day ride.

So I quickly opened the garage, pulled on the ramps and I raised it in the air
Found it was just a pair of old shoes
That were ripped around the treads
And I thought these shoes just don't suit me

Hey, I put some new shoes on
And suddenly everything's right
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on
And everybody's smiling, it's so inviting

Oh, short of money for a long long time, 

quickly driving in the sweet sunshine

And I'm running late and I don't need an excuse
'Cause I'm driving my brand new shoes

Woke up late one Thursday
I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes
And I felt like there were two hours missing
As I focused on the time

And I made my way to the garage
But had to stop from the shock of what I found
The room full of all of my rides all griping to the ground 

And I thought hello new shoes, bye bye blues

Hey, I put some new shoes on
And suddenly everything's right
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on
And everybody's smiling, it's so inviting

Oh, short of money for a long long time, 

quickly driving in the sweet sunshine

And I'm running late and I don't need an excuse
'Cause I'm driving my brand new shoes

Take me driving through these streets
Where black tyres and tarmac meet
Torquey-steer I'll take you on
I'm driving 'til the break of dawn

(noticed corrado was intensly jittery on way into work, turns out I had 0.7mm of tread left. cue four new Yokohama Parada Spec 2's, and holy *suitcase* is this torque steer!?  (wow, such tread, many grip. very fast)

Archived