Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

So, I'm going to lose a lot of man points here but bear this in mind:

I don't drink any more.

When I did drink I was drinking for impact so I used to alternate pints of cider and shots targeting 6 pints in the first hour, switching to cider only and then going to 4 pints an hour.

In the pub at 9 out at 1 didn't taste anything after the first one anyway.

I'd have a couple of bottles of Reef with breakfast to take the edge off and drink from a hip flask of whatever was cheap through the day.

I gave up for a good reason.

However, if I drink now it is one of two things:

A nice Islay malt, the dirtier the better.

Or

And I know this is going to seem a bit odd.

A very cold Coors Light.

I don't know why but it is about the only long drink I can stomach now, perhaps a pear cider but that starts making me feel weak.  I like to test myself but not that hard.

Also, what is making me happy today?

What's in the box?

Apeks%20goodies_zpshbuzvg4z.jpg

And also, a little ASD moment.

3333_zpsvs5xcys0.jpg

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't drink any more.

When I did drink I was drinking for impact so I used to alternate pints of cider and shots targeting 6 pints in the first hour, switching to cider only and then going to 4 pints an hour.

I'd have a couple of bottles of Reef with breakfast to take the edge off and drink from a hip flask of whatever was cheap through the day.

Or

A very cold Coors Light.

I don't know why but it is about the only long drink I can stomach now, perhaps a pear cider but that starts making me feel weak. I like to test myself but not that hard.

What's in the box?

3333_zpsvs5xcys0.jpg

Coors light is good, 4.3% here, good if you like to drink a lot. And a lot.

Agreed, those Olympus engines aren't exactly quiet.

When the Vulcan was first spotted circling a few miles from the display the plane up at the time could have had a load of topless supermodels wing walking and having pillow fights and I doubt anyone would have noticed

In Kraków.

Out drinking, eh?

Well, I couldn't afford celebrating my birthday in Kraków, but I can hardly say that's a problem. First, I finally put the new video card in (sure, had to remove the extra HDD rack as it was getting in the way of the radiator), second, I managed to figure out a serviceable solution for the green laser I'm planning to put in my plasma cannon prop.

Finally getting the desktop out of hibernation on Sunday. Cue playing Fallout from the beginning (thank you Anthology) and preparing for Fallout 4.

Are surround sound gaming headsets any good? If I'm going to upgrade from my old (Turtle Beach I think?) I'd need one with a mic for online gaming/skype. Would love an actual surround system but not in this flat. Don't even really have room for stereo speakers.

Honestly, some of the dealers are, however prices are artificially low as i'd say probably 65-85% of all corrados sold in the last few years have gone to people who already own corrados and know how much the problems will cost, and so don't pay a lot.

A good condition Corrado (depending on model/engine) is probably worth between £4.5-6.5k. a good condition low mileage storm is probably worth around £8k. A mint condition one is probably actually worth nearer £9k or so.

I don't drink any more.

Or

A very cold Coors Light.

I don't know why but it is about the only long drink I can stomach now, perhaps a pear cider but that starts making me feel weak. I like to test myself but not that hard.

What's in the box?

3333_zpsvs5xcys0.jpg

I've been taking a couple shooters at work lately, I don't have a drinking problem persay but it is a nice way to just get out of the house for a bit.

Not getting smashed just relaxing with a cold beer I don't have to fetch.

So I have all the parts I need for my plasma cannon prop. The new speaker sounds very clear even if it's run through just a capacitor (and I'm planning to build an amp circuit). Now I'll just need some custom PCBs and bits for the gun body.

Finally getting the desktop out of hibernation on Sunday. Cue playing Fallout from the beginning (thank you Anthology) and preparing for Fallout 4.

Are surround sound gaming headsets any good? If I'm going to upgrade from my old (Turtle Beach I think?) I'd need one with a mic for online gaming/skype. Would love an actual surround system but not in this flat. Don't even really have room for stereo speakers.

A good stereo HP gets you better immersion than the best surrounf HP, mate. Check the Beyerdynamic DT770 pro. What soundcard do you use?

Yeah whoever's making the plasma cannon, I can't quote for some reason.

Okay. Some specific design? The speaker is rectangular, pretty much the size of a business card, and I do have some spare 75mm PVC pipes that I could use.

ooooh! just downloaded the dalek plans booklet. can't decide whether or not to make 1 full sized dalek or 2 half sized daleks. then there's the color scheme. i like the dark grey from the pertwee onwards era, but i like the white and gold of the later imperials. decisions decisions.....

Archived