Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicken for Christmas?

Chicken and Ham. *fruitcage* turkey, takes ages to do because they are so *fruitcage* massive and unless you have a massive fan-assisted oven it's very easy to get it too dry on the outside before the meat near the bone is done. And even when it's done well it tastes like bland chicken.

Bin the friends who hate each other. Life is too short.

Bin the veggie. That's just crazy.

Marry your solicitor. She sounds totally hot and filthy.

Unfortunately, both of the friends who hate each other are good friends of mine. Hands tied.

Would do, but she has no gag reflex and likes being tied up. Also an excellent baker.

Alas, she's a 50 year old closeted lesbian with 4 cats. She also looks like Judi Dench if she'd been ginger. Not really my cup of tea.

Would do, but she has no gag reflex and likes being tied up.

Insert bad jokes about not eating meat here. Anyway, I'm sure there's a link between a lack of meat protein and nuttiness in women, especially if my other half is anything to go by

Insert bad jokes about not eating meat here. Anyway, I'm sure there's a link between a lack of meat protein and nuttiness in women, especially if my other half is anything to go by

There is actually evidence that suggests depression and some other pyschological issues could be exacerbated by a vegetarian/vegan diet.

Win.

I love beef Wellington, and have an awesome recipe for it if you fancy :)

I can Haz recipe plskthxbai

I love beef Wellington I have a recipe that is amazing gastronomic excess using a goose liver pate as the liner betwixt pastry and beef.

I want to try a venison Wellington after Christmas found a recipe on the Web using a dark chocolate and port glaze for plate dressing.

Iv been moving through the collection of whisky to valuable to take up to where my university mates are and have been enjoying beautiful whisky and whiskeys that I don't get to see much.

On another note here's a very crass whiskey joke for you all.

Did you know Roman Polanski likes his women like he likes his whiskey?

12years old and mixed up with coke.

Bought myself a canon 30D with some Christmas money. I know it's an old model but it was cheap and with a battery grip and two batteries. It was actually the first DSLR I owned and the quality was nice.

Better to have a moderate camera with higher quality lenses than the other way round. Hopefully I'll be able to acquire a nice general purpose lens soon rather than having to buy one of the kit lenses only to replace it in a few months.

Boxing Day at brother-in-laws.

Black tie, and a cheese and port evening.

'Twas properly amazing, and I gorged myself on fine cheese and a frankly silly amount of fortified wine. We are talking like-a-big-fat-medieval-king proportions.

The sweetener was, no hangover today. At all. Very happy!

So, a while ago, my phone broke again. Galaxy S5, wouldn't charge.

Repaired, and about 7 weeks later the same thing. After lots of back and forth conversations, I got a new battery and was refunded for that, but it wasn't the battery.

On Christmas Eve, I dropped it in for repair. It was just over a year old, and was assured its a warranty fix.

Got a phone call this morning asking for £174 due to water damage. On a waterproof phone that still doesn't go near water. Spent around an hour and a half on the phone contesting this and got told it was my fault as it's an old phone, and also that it could be down to it just being in my pocket and water vapour damaging it... Right.

First repair, they didn't open it, just replaced the battery. Second time, they open it up. Which even though it's vodafone engineers, it voids the warranty. The warranty samsung need to replace it FOC. it was looking like because Vodafone opened it and found corrosion, they voided the warranty on what was possibly a damaged phone from the off, and sending ickle moi the bill.

Got put through to the most wonderful lady who after she read the copious notes (since it started I reckon I've been on the phone to them for maybe 4+ hours in total), took my version of events and ripped someone a new *albartroth*.

I was told I couldn't early upgrade until April before Christmas and basically fobbed off for weeks.

Said lady sorted an early upgrade, reduced monthly bill and was basically awesome.

I wasn't stamping my feet demanding a flagship replacement from the off, just mine fixing. It took a while but I think I've done alright not raging* but by being polite and digging my heels in, I've gone from broken handset and corporate *fruitcage* you, to top end new handset nearly a year before upgrade date, lowered bill and happy face after weeks of hatred for Vodafone.

*one 'customer service' drone did get called a *wheelbarrow* after he said the whole issue was my fault from the start. But he really was. No way should he have been on the phone to customers.

As an aside, does anyone want 2 samsung galaxy S5 batteries, and a brand new charging port cover? One battery is genuine, about 7 weeks old, the other is one from eBay. Branded, but may be not genuine. Just want postage covered and they are going to the first one who says they want them. Can't post until week commencing the 4th though as I'm on holiday!

*fruitcage* it, it's Christmas, I'll cover postage!

Archived