Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that people drink whisky and say then don't like it.

You don't drink whisky, you pour a small amount into the area at the front of your mouth below your tongue and let it evaporate.

You enjoy the aromatic flavours as they play across your tongue and then swallow.

The stuff never really hits the top of your tongue and the back of your throat is prepared by the vapour.

No surprises.

No water

No ice

No mixers

No "e"

The problem is that people drink whisky and say then don't like it.

You don't drink whisky, you pour a small amount into the area at the front of your mouth below your tongue and let it evaporate.

You enjoy the aromatic flavours as they play across your tongue and then swallow.

The stuff never really hits the top of your tongue and the back of your throat is prepared by the vapour.

No surprises.

No water

No ice

No mixers

No "e"

What? so it's like the alcohol equivilant of a cigar?

What? so it's like the alcohol equivilant of a cigar?

Yes.

The mags I epoxied? They sealed. They're good to go. I dare say they're probably stronger than they ever were.

I now have 8 gbb mp7 mags. I need more blue force gear pouches now.

Yes.

The mags I epoxied? They sealed. They're good to go. I dare say they're probably stronger than they ever were.

I now have 8 gbb mp7 mags. I need more blue force gear pouches now.

I vote for extended pistol tacos but I love the versatility they offer.

I'm not a fan of whiskey, soco in some coffee is fantastic but that's about it.

I'm a gin fan, tanqueray, Bombay, rest if the gins we get are and I only drink my gin with squirt and some sprite with a cherry on top.

I've been feeling a little insignificant in my journey that is life,I'm just a manager in a bar and I've always wanted to serve my country.

So I downloaded the general criteria for joining the police, was slightly worried there might be a maximum age to sign up.

And the fitness requirements don't look ridiculously strenuous, pretty sure I could pass now but would want to trim down a bit and increase my stamina first to make myself a more attractive candidate.

I'm a gin fan, tanqueray, Bombay, rest if the gins we get are ###### and I only drink my gin with squirt and some sprite with a cherry on top.

A couple of months ago I was in a bar that had 60 types of high-end gin. My friends husband is a massive gin fan.

So I downloaded the general criteria for joining the police, was slightly worried there might be a maximum age to sign up.

And the fitness requirements don't look ridiculously strenuous, pretty sure I could pass now but would want to trim down a bit and increase my stamina first to make myself a more attractive candidate.

The fitness test is a joke. It's BMI that will get you if you're a bit bigger. Stupid way of measuring, but it is what it is.

I don't know of an upper age limit, at least for my force, may be worth asking.

Also be aware that morale is through the floor. I know tons of cops that want to get out. You'll also get nailed on the pension, although it's still better than a lot out there, and there are uncertain times ahead thanks to our glorious new PM, who has it in for cops. I genuinely see privatisation on the cards in a few years time.

Hours can be *suitcase* too. We aren't bad here, but other forces have truly horrendous shift patterns, and understaffed means lots of 'not going home on time'. Management can be merciless too, constantly passing pressure on to you from above, and seeing burnout as an acceptable loss.

Really look into it first...

Thanks for the heads up shmook.

Apparently there is no upper limit for age but you're unlikely to be accepted if you're over 57 as most retire at 60.

BMI is a bit silly but whatever, I just need to make myself the best I can be.

I don't think our new PM will last long to be honest, least I hope not as she's bloody vile.

Hourswise, well at the minute I'm lucky to finish half hour after any of my shifts end, and if I can stand that whilst doing a job that actually means very little to me barring a paycheck I'm sure I could put up with it. Ae thing with pressure, the past five years in this pub I worked for a dragon who you couldn't win with, you do something one way and she'll *badger*ing you for it and then next day do it the other way and get *badger*ed for that too.

Thanks once again for your concerns, I just want to make something of myself.

I tried to go for the police a few years ago. Attempted 3 times and two different forces and was turned down on ethnic equality grounds. I.e. They needed more Muslims/gay/blacks etc I assume. Which is fair, but still 3 times? If someone is obviously that keen to apply straight after each other as soon as the "cooloff" period has ended surely they might've thought hang on this one could do well he's mega keen. A little frustrating when I see some cops walking the streets in my area that I genuinely don't know how they passed fitness.

Still went down the mechanic route after and im happy so it's not all bad but the police would've been my first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This "ethnic quota" thing is , and pure racial discrimination.

Plus, people are always whining about lack of police, then when you try to join they're like "sorry, we're only hiring black people" - well maybe that's why there's a shortage then? Your racist hiring policy...

My thoughts exactly just being racist whilst trying not to be racist. I considered putting a complaint in but then landed myself with the HGV apprenticeship so never went ahead with it. Still really frustrating but im happy.

Just cleaned out the fish tank and picked up a few new Danios to bring my shoal up to 10. Added an airline and air stone to bubble up through some stones and added a red light which has given everything a nice purple tinge. Looks cracking and the missus is happy so win win!

Sold my trailer for £50 despite it needing a *lot* of work, which I sadly don't have the time to do.

The guy got himself a bargain, though, it'd easily be worth £400+ fully refurbished.

The lighting set alone must be worth £100.

Good for me as I need the cash and don't have a towing pack on the mobility car anyway. Good for him as once he's done it up he'll have a great trailer.

Win-win.

I tried to go for the police a few years ago. Attempted 3 times and two different forces and was turned down on ethnic equality grounds. I.e. They needed more Muslims/gay/blacks etc I assume. Which is fair, but still 3 times? If someone is obviously that keen to apply straight after each other as soon as the "cooloff" period has ended surely they might've thought hang on this one could do well he's mega keen. A little frustrating when I see some cops walking the streets in my area that I genuinely don't know how they passed fitness.

Still went down the mechanic route after and im happy so it's not all bad but the police would've been my first choice.

Clame homosexual and don't speak otherwise.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I started playing Pokemon Go.

Resupplying is a literal walk in the park: I have a park across the street, and there's like five pokestops in there, two next to an open-air gym, one almost on top of the other.

Archived