Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love casio watches. Got loads of them.

However, for me, I couldn't justify dropping that much on one. Can't explain it, as I'm the king of frivolity, and understand the work that goes into them. But couldn't.

Watches are a very personal thing though, and it's a lovely timepiece though stunt, so congrats on it, genuinely :)

Looks beautiful! Nice colour too!

I know, I love Safety Orange.

Thanks.

I love casio watches. Got loads of them.

However, for me, I couldn't justify dropping that much on one. Can't explain it, as I'm the king of frivolity, and understand the work that goes into them. But couldn't.

Watches are a very personal thing though, and it's a lovely timepiece though stunt, so congrats on it, genuinely :)

Yeah, it's a lot of money but I can envisage it outlasting me at this point and that was pretty much the overtime for the last time I was in Hereford.

Ironically it is to stand in for a watch that cost £150 while it goes away for a £70 replacement strap and a £168 service.

What the hell?  They've got me over a barrel, I'll spend it to get my watch back.

I love my self-winder.  One day I would like to buy nice stainless self-winder like my Citizen but that meets the chronograph specs, perhaps something with a tourbillon movement.

Basically the impact and vibration at my work has junked up the movement of my trusty Citizen and it needs to be repaired, once it is back I will be keeping it in a winder and wearing it for diving and formal occasions.

The Casio will be the daily.

The relatively simple face for a multi function chronograph and the huge feature list is what sold me.

Radio clock accuracy

Solar powered

Fly-back stopwatch

Countdown timer

World time

Fairly useful alarm

Utterly cutting edge shock, vibration and G-force protection including a carbon-fibre second hand to reduce torque on the movement.

24 hour analogue movement

It is orange

It also has a compass but if you need a compass on an analogue watch outside the tropics you were never a boy scout.

I have Casio watches, I got the titanium one then was unhappy with it not being full titanium (plastic bezel, eewww) so got another one which is.

Full titanium strap, back, bezel; almost unbreakable sapphire glass; solar powered; radio controlled time setting; a bunch of stop watch and world time features that I never need to use...

Oddly, though, the more expensive full titanium one is rated less water resistant than the cheaper one. But it's not an issue for me.

Just got a new watch.

A Casio G-Shock Gravitymaster GW-A110R A4

http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/wat/watch_detail/GW-A1100R-4A/

What a glorious thing it is...

Ugly as sin but with upkeep on batteries it should last forever.

I'd never spend that much for a watch, last Casio I got was 30$ 15 years ago and it still works.

I grew out of watches and gave it to a friend and it still works.

Saved a bit of money buying in what used to be a council estate. You say the name of the area and everyone goes oooooooh errrr and then have nothing within the last 15 years to back it up with. Less than half the houses are owned by the council now as well. Meant I could get a small 2 bed house, rather than a flat or maisonette

Now, I can justify the price of an omega...!

How?

Can you justify two and give one to a close internet friend?

Ugly as sin but with upkeep on batteries it should last forever.

I'd never spend that much for a watch, last Casio I got was 30$ 15 years ago and it still works.

I grew out of watches and gave it to a friend and it still works.

Subjective but I like the the rugged form over function look in devices.

Watches have a certain appeal, a generic wearable device to tell you the time can be so cheap as to be disposable.

I can see the appeal of that if you don't care but I like the devices I come into contact with to have something.  Soul?, design integity?, I don't know the word but I know it when I see it.

For things I interact with more often it is more important that they are skookum.

Phone.

Watch.

Laptop.

Shoes.

Clothing.

PC.

Bike.

SCUBA kit (mind you my life depends on that).

Car.

It all has to be "right"

Archived