Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not sold on gas rifles.

30 mags? Please - 1 BB cannot hope to simulate a real round.

Hell, my pistols have 25 round magazines which are a lot smaller than rifle mags, so why lug around a huge rifle for only 5 more shots per mag?

Not to mention weather dependent performance issues - I have enough issues with GBB pistols.

And don't say just to go HPA - the AEG was invented to remove external air hoses. Airsoft has gone full circle.

I despise hpa. If I wanted to be tethered to my rucksack I'd for sure have a working airsoft proton pack.

Yes, they have their limitations. They're so much more satisfying to use and work on though.

The trade off is worth it to me. Of course, YMMV.

I had been driving for 6 years ( in fields and stuff ) before I got any lessons.

For that reason my instructor had a bit of a different challenge.

The worst bit:

The first hour where he explained how a clutch works and what all the bits of the car do was totally wasted on me despite me telling him that.

Given that I only had 6 lessons that is a major percentage of my money he just threw away.

He was too rigid and stuck with his lesson plan, even in an unusual situation.

The best bits:

Teaching me to anticipate bad driving in others and then showing me that I was doing the same things and how to avoid them.

He also drew all the local test routes on a map for me so I could ride them on my bike.  That helped.

Yeah you're a strange one. Mechanical knowledge and explanations are required but obviously if you know how clutches and brakes work, I don't need to explain them to you. Lesson plans are something I'd like to avoid - I'll have a rough 'starter' 'intermediate' 'maneuvers' and 'polishing' lesson set, but it doesn't matter to me if we do turn in a road before or after emergency stop. Or even until the few lessons before test - maneuvers are easy, it's confidence on the road that's key.

Pet hate about driving instructors- how badly they drive when they don't have punters on board. Seriously, if you're driving a branded vehicle, you need to set a certain standard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm gonna have to work on that. Trying even now though. 

Find out what they've done and start with something they have some skill at the two hours spent on slowspeed work (reversing parking etc) stuff I had been doing for years with family moving cars on the drive gave me a *fruitcage*ton of confidence in terms of not being scared of the car being under my control

Also randomly do you want to be put into contact with an independent instructor who did this recently to chat about her experiences?

Sorry hedge, missed your question. Yes, I've got one and very pleased with it. Ticked all the boxes of what I wanted.

think there's still a couple of bugs that need sorting out. Mine occasionally just reboots, the latest patch supposedly stops this, but introduces issues with lte networks.

Do get a good case, it is naturally not a grippy phone. Would have preferred it to be waterproof, but can't have everything. It is half the price of e equivalent phones.

I came from an s5 and the one plus 3 blows it away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My CRB check that was (online disclosure thingo now) is progressing through the system, and I'm getting email updates each time something happens to the process. It's like some weird alternate reality where the government is effective!

Once that's all gone through I can book the part 1 test (theory) and once I've passed that I can start actual proper training.

Love it.

I renewed my passport a while ago and that was surprisingly efficient too.  Text updates every few days, being printed, posted e.t.c. I think there must be a handful of government departments which get a disproportionate amount of funds and everyone else is left with shrapnel to run theirs.

Giffgaff. All their SIMs have 4G now, and they do pay as you go or 30 day rolling contracts unto and including unlimited data for £20 a month (I think it is).

If you are on a lower package and run out if minutes or data, you can start your new pack early and go up or down any amount every 30 days.

They have an app to monitor your account and send both texts and email reminders when your package is running out or you're close to your limit with recommendations to go up or down a package based on your usage.

If you PM me, I can send you a free SIM that will get you £10 free if you sign up before the end of August.

I got a giffgaff sim for other half to use for data while she was away in Norfolk. Unfortunately got no signal where she was, even though online jobby said it would be OK. My ee one is fine there.

Oh and today I got taken around silverstone in a ligier p3, adapted to take a passenger. Driver was very good, the speed and braking of that thing was ridiculous. Buuuuuut, I get motion sickness when not the driver. :) Felt very ill afterwards but was well worth it!

BMW i8 at track speeds just sounds wrong. The race ready Aston was an absolute beast....

Tink, check out https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

Cheapest for what you want looks to be £15 a month.

cheers, I'll check that out.

Giffgaff. All their SIMs have 4G now, and they do pay as you go or 30 day rolling contracts unto and including unlimited data for £20 a month (I think it is).

If you are on a lower package and run out if minutes or data, you can start your new pack early and go up or down any amount every 30 days.

They have an app to monitor your account and send both texts and email reminders when your package is running out or you're close to your limit with recommendations to go up or down a package based on your usage.

If you PM me, I can send you a free SIM that will get you £10 free if you sign up before the end of August.

No. I was with Giffgaff for years, but they've been slowly worsening the deal. It used to be £10 month for 500 minutes, 1000 texts and unlimited data, iirc. Then they changed it to £12 for the same.

then they changed it to £15, and at the same time reduced the unlimited data to unlimited* data.

Now the data is unlimited* but between 7am and midnight it's restricted to 256kbps if you use more than 4Gb.

In all they've royally screwd over the power users that got them to where they are in the first place.

Up GiffGaff is the way!! Had I not needed the phone too I would be with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See above.

I'll say it.

Three.

They used to be a joke but now the joke is on the other foot (deliberate).

I get signal everywhere.

I pay no extra money and get the same deal all over the place (Europe etc.).

I've got a decent phone (had, it's ruined).

I've got a number of minutes and texts that may as well be unlimited because I've never used them all and the data.

The data is thick, hard and relentless.

The unlimited data is actually unlimited, it's never slowed down and although they have recently imposed a limit on the quantity of data you can tether in a month it is 12Gb.

Also, they don't block pdanet+ so it doesn't matter.

When you hit 11.5 Gb of tether switch to pdanet+ and you're cooking with gas again.

And faster actually, if you use the USB tether option it is landline fast.

I love it.

YMMV

Im with EE.. Love it. They're fantastic and I get signal everywhere too. I was with O2 and they were terrible best move I made. Saying that my Fiancé is on 3 now and it's also fantastic so I would be happy with either network to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived