Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Serpa ever shot yourself on the draw or have its retention thing lock up with debris?

Nope, your finger naturally runs along the line of the pistol when you draw rather than sliding straight into the trigger guard. And it's never caught on anything.

Also I ran it as a drop leg which was actually quite secure (I've had flappy holster syndrome in the past but the leg panel was top notch for this) and it was on the side I'd usually slide onto at my local field, covered in mud etc and it's not let me down yet. So much so I'm tempted to keep it but it doesn't fit me WE 226 without a lot of force and I can't be bothered to modify it for the rare times I won't be running my torch.

Happy?

I ordered a graphics card which was on preorder, it took a few days but I got the shipping notification today.

I went on the website and it is still down as preorder.

That means that the shop's entire allocation was sold before it came in stock.

And I got one...

Haven't had a mobile phone for 10 days (lost my old one, small pockets and mobiles don't mix) and it's been glorious. If I go out then no-one can get in touch with me. Bought a cheap watch and I am seriously thinking of not having a mobile with me, that people can reach me on (I have an emergency mobile, for those just in case moments, though I can't make any other calls on it or texts). But I can't.

The possibility that I maybe away from my children when they've been rushed to hospital, and no-one can reach me, would kill me (same if a family member, wife or friend was injured or needed help).

But for a few days I was back to the 90's when I didn't have a mobile and people had to turn up on time. Bliss.

This made me laugh. A shame the game wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

(Snip)

Few games are.

Or films.

Or TV shows.

It's almost like they make trailers which show the upcoming game/film/show to be really good to get people to buy it...

It is true, that loads of games, over the last few years have failed to live up to the hype they generated (trailers and supposed game play footage, here's looking at you gearbox). Except for individual experiences, which for me was Alien:Isolation. With the bad taste of Aliens: Colonial Marines in my mouth I thought A:I would be *suitcase*. It wasn't. Bloody love that game.

Off out for a bit of bowling, pool and then a movie. Just hope I stay away from the crane machines.

Archived