Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corsa written off near me within the past couple of hours or so.  RTC with a motorbike.  Judging from the wreckage and the time the air ambulance spent on the ground, it looks pretty serious.  I don't know what safety rating they get but the damage was insane for a 30 MPH road.

They are standard issue for chavs over here.

I'll echo what scorch said!

No *suitcase*, they switched from Golfs? The local go-to chavmobile is a VW Golf 3, maybe a BMW for the better off. But Corsa? It's a pregnant rollerskate for girls!

What does 'pregnant rollerskate' mean? A fat rollerskate, which means hard to handle or something else. . .

So strong and stable means back tracking on agreed savings that are for the benefit of the country. Yeah, that's very stable and also very strong *fruitcage*wits.

Originally, VW Beetle was called a "pregnant rollerskate" by US truckers because of its small size and rounded silhouette. Three-door Corsa B is similarly small and rounded (although maybe not to the Beetle's extent), and that's what my mom owned (and stepdad crashed).

Yep, corsas are the weapon of choice. Golfs are what corsa drivers aspire to own.

Edit, stunt, I doubt they sell tools capable of fixing a pinzgauer. The largest hammer may help loosen a wheel nut...

Indeed. It's not too bad on medium; fortunately I have one of those gaming chairs with the speakers built in so I am closer to the sound than if it was coming from the TV.

Brought the room down to a balmy 20 degrees - which is pretty good as it's only a small machine and a big room. Only down side is having to have the window open for the exhaust vent, which let's warm air from outside back in.

I had a corsa as a company car years ago.   Was not happy about that!   Hateful thing, stayed in the company for years, it would not die.   When I had it, it developed a massive oil leak, but boss just wanted me to keep driving it for the day.   Had to stop every half hour to put oil in it, because the engine was howling.   (And yes, in hindsight and being older I know that the oil was going on the road and probably creating a hazard).

Another time my colleague filled it up with oil.  But being new to cars didnt realise you dont just keep filling it up until its full :)    It started and turned into a James Bond car, the smoke screen was amazing.   One of the funniest things ive seen.  Car was not on road and was out back of the office, which was on the same yard as a mechanic.  Drained it and it was fine.   Hated it.   Changed from that to and alfa 156 sportwagon.   Loved and hated that car.  Hilariously bad turning circle.  And very unreliable.  But fun to drive. 

You lucky barstool, that's a glass I'd love to own!

Aye. I'm glad I didn't rush into anything as I was looking round and probably was going to go with the 24-70 f4.0 IS USM which is a more budget friendly lens but I figured the greater aperture would be more useful than IS especially as I'm more into wildlife and nature photography and one came up for a price I could stomach.

Next thing is either a better body to use it with (currently on a 30D which is serviceable but has definitely aged) or a 70-200mm L series lens.

A 24-70 or 17-50 is a nice thing for indoor portraits, particularly if it allows a larger aperture. Sometimes you just don't have enough room to pull back with a 50.

Also, I just bought a Chinese motocross armor in order to turn it into some post-apocalyptic thing. Sure, it was $60 on some -65% sale, but after replacing the shoulder pads with old football pads I got ages ago and respraying the entire thing flat OD, it'll make a nice Fallout-style combat armor.

Delta, did everything go okay in the mini?

Wife's away till Wednesday night (took the kiddies too), she left Sunday afternoon. The house smells of Lasagne and I've got a bottle of southern comfort to get through, with a little help from Alien, The Thing and Aliens.

Archived