Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

I may be wrong, but I'm sure 'they' have a base in London now, for stuff like this. I'm sure I read it within the last couple of months.

Edit, missed the new posts. Cannonfodder, those getting changed will have been cops who got called in, grabbed their public order bags from the nick and raced to the scene, and kitted up there.

The tinfoil hat brigade are properly *fruitcage* stupid. But why let facts get in the way of an agenda...

yes just seen that they were deployed, code name 'blue thunder'. apparently they are supported by an apache helicopter - one just flew over my office.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a ridiculous but mostly useless show of force I'd expect more from the yanks than our authorities...

You can't use an anti-armour helicopter gunship in an urban antiterrorism role...

Police helicopters have the cameras and IR surveillance capabilities, using a gunship is a propaganda message more than anything, I'd say.

Maybe they don't have enough police helos to keep up suitable levels of vigilance? But then why not drones? Stick a few Predators/Reapers in London airspace.

Seems like propaganda to me too. Bloody awesome propaganda mind.

It's basically a little military unit now, what with all the armed officers.  We could invade a small European country.

They haven't got full retard with loads of APCs like the US though I don't think.

I think the Apaches stand out from the standard police helicopters due to to their TADS/PNVS.  Are police choppers equipped with vis/IR target designators?  Seems they rely on radio to relay ground positions from what I've seen.  Could maybe be retrofitted?  Aside from a bloke hanging out the side with a PEQ unit heh.  With an Apache and a laser, nice and easy 'PUT ALL THE BULLETS HERE'

You can't use an anti-armour helicopter gunship in an urban antiterrorism role...

But you see, Yuri, if put missile in house from helicopter, is no urban left so is no urban terrorist.

Well, I can see the logic in Apache.

1) Propaganda, making the ignorant masses think they are being protected by 'military firepower'.

2) If the manure really hits the windmill, and they have good intel, apache can be used to stop a truck heading for a flea market or stadium, police helo can't really put down anything that'd stop it.

But I think the 1) is bigger thing.

FTFY heh

2) If the manure really hits the windmill, and they have good intel, apache can be used to evaporate a truck heading for a flea market or stadium, police helo can't really put down anything that'd stop it.

I'm guessing my idea for swapping HE in Hellfires with a sabot round wouldn't work as the propulsion wouldn't deliver enough energy and relies on the charge for damage.  Plus I guess there might be some issues with using DU rounds in a city heh.

You're left with the 30mm which will still pepper everything around a car/van sized target.

Well not with that attitude you can't!

'Non leathal force, YYYAAAYYYYY!'

(it's a lego batman movie reference, just in case you haven't seen it).

178mm beanbag rounds?

Cannonfodder, those getting changed will have been cops who got called in, grabbed their public order bags from the nick and raced to the scene, and kitted up there.

The tinfoil hat brigade are properly *fruitcage* stupid. But why let facts get in the way of an agenda...

The time stamp on the clip shows it was filmed about 2 1/2 hours after the attack so they're probably changing back into their civis

Archived