Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Don't worry I've got everything planned out etc.. Got to drive down to the venue and then sort the finishing touches. I'll have cleaned the Mini proper like on the Friday evening but will give it a quick once over with some detailing spray after the drive there to make sure its fully of shiney and then shower and get ready. So I will be pretty busy, but my guys will sort everything out mostly and keep me occupied I'm sure! 

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't assume, make sure.

Because I thought that, and ending up twiddling my thumbs for several hours until time to get dressed.

Which was not good.

A lot rides on your Best Man, so I hope you chose wisely. Mine kinda dropped the ball, so I ended up dealing with a lot of *suitcase* myself and getting stress I didn't need.

5th August so really not far. Everything is set and organised, just holding out on the weather to decide what it's doing so we can make final preparations. Soooo everything is going to be last minute. Doesn't really bother me, I know it'll be an amazing day anyway, but the future Mrs Grif doesn't see it like that! 

They are tasty.

Tasty indeed.

I am now in possession of an adorable little Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 710M, she was used as a radio truck and has a couple of additional antenna points plus a radio crib sheet on the divider.

She's a 1975, 2.5 litre air-cooled petrol with a few blobs of surface rust and one hole (that I have found so far) but is in otherwise excellent condition.

She even came with the original Austrian paperwork, tools, spare bulbs, jack and 4 snow chains.

Anyway, she is beautiful and I am very happy.

Edit: Stupid Photobucket

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B03yQHlZTBdJT3RrS21fLUhCNWM

Gunnman: the pic should still be on photobucket. just save and reupload it somewhere else.

Stunt: As I've said, it's lovely. are you in the habit of naming your vehicles?

EDIT:

fixed my washing machine. 20 pence and a button (and some hair) caught in the impeller of the drain pump. Somebody explain why there's not like, a mesh filter that you can remove and clean above the impeller on a weekly basis to stop this?

There usually are.

Depends how rubbish the washer is.

Delta, you can check it out any time you like.

Tink, Imgur can't cope either, I keep getting a picture of a giraffe covered in kittens.

Get one Scorch, you can get in cheap with something cool still.

My insurance is 97 quid, fully comp.  No VED.  MOT is a joke really,

In my opinion, the Pinzgauer is the finest military vehicle suitable for private ownership but you can get a lot out of a Jeep or something like that.

She is named Pam, after my Mother-in-law.

Sound awesome. Let me know if you need any help working on it if something comes up.. I'd love to get my spanners dirty on that! Once everything has calmed down after the wedding I'll drop you a message maybe we can sort something out and catch up and I can check out that beast!!

Picked up my new Leaf yesterday.

Oh my goodness it's lovely to drive! Soooo smooth and lots of oomph, and gadgets galore. The all round camera is great, it's like you've sent up a drone for a birds eye view of parking!

I just want to go out and drive it.

There's no urge to grab the non-existent gear stick like I sometimes have with most automatics as there's no engine noise to make you feel like it's time to change gear.

Have only used the granny lead to charge from a 3 pin socket at home so far, but will try a rapid charge tomorrow after airsoft. In a week or so I'll have a wall charger installed on the side of the house.

It should save me £2350 a year in fuel and road tax, so it's costing me £47 a month for a brand new car, excluding what I'm saving on servicing costs and insurance.

Absolutely.

I am going to drop and replace all the oils, Engine, Transmission, 8 gear casings and steering box..

Brakes seem fine, they can wait.

Replace window rubbers.

Fit door locks.

Obtain and wire in 24v rear facing white lights for reversing/burning the eyes out of tailgaters (I joke).

Built in air compressor with tank.

Possibly a 24v parking air conditioning unit.

Rebuild engine, at least hone and fit new piston rings.

Solid state ignition and civilian dizzy kit

Fit an overdrive?

Put dynamat in the cab

Obtain and fit new tyres.

Repair surface rust and the one rust hole in the floor I found.

Remove loose underseal and replace.

Fit aftermarket electric power steering

Fit winch

Build custom hard top then fit sound deadening to it.

Bed liner?

Repaint?

Make a bracket to hold the windscreen in the down position.

Replace back half of exhaust.

It'll be fun on a bun.

Took my Leaf to Finmere today hoping to use up a decent amount of juice on the journey so I could try a rapid charger when I got back, but despite turning Eco mode off (oh man it's fun!) and having the a/c on, I got home with 70% left, which works out to be 86 miles going by the guestimator.

Will have to see what it's on once I get back to MK from work tomorrow.

Managed to run it down to below 10% last night and do my first rapid charge. In 31 minutes it took me up to 91% which is 106 miles.

Cost £7.58 though so more than the motorway services chargers by my calculations, and much more than charging at home!

A handy option when in need of a boost, but no substitute for a home charger.

To compare it with what my diesel car does, for that money I'd get 47 miles.

Sent off the forms for the wall charger to be installed, so in about 10 days that should be done :)

One of the positives of the Fiesta tyres being shot is I took the mini to work today. And that means I took it through the tunnel at dartford as I had some stuff to pick up in Stansted after work. I LOVE TUNNELS, I wish all roads were tunnels.

Apologies for the road noise, didn't realise how bad it was in the wet! Not the best video the wheels kept spinning up, the LSD didn't do me any favours! But it's something!

Archived