Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

If you ever need it and want to make the journey down to redhill way you’re welcome to use it :) there would be coffee/tea on tap, chocolate digestives and good music at all times. I could even provide a decent tool selection too ;)

That offer goes to anyone who needs a place to work on their car. I currently have nowhere and it’s a PITA working on my parents gravel drive so I know how annoying it is to not even be able to get simple jobs done. So if anyone wants to use the space there’s more than enough going even if it’s for a couple months on a big job.

Providing we get the place of course..

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Months? Damn...

What are your long term rates?

Good luck buddy, we realised the other day that with Mrs Tink going up a pay grade and a 2% pay rise we might actually be able to get the massive house with detached garage after all... Will be phoning the mortgage advisors this week to check...

Dibs on the garage.

He's closer to me...

Months? Damn...

What are your long term rates?

Good luck buddy, we realised the other day that with Mrs Tink going up a pay grade and a 2% pay rise we might actually be able to get the massive house with detached garage after all... Will be phoning the mortgage advisors this week to check...

That's great news.

Good for you too Delta, remember, depending on what jobs are needed from your survey I know lots of building trade people.

Yay for you all hopefully getting houses!

Something for the other thread really, but avoid reclaimed parquet floor like the plague if you fancy that look.

It's cost me 2 belt sanders, several days of horrible labour and almost a marriage...

But still, yay for your houses, hope it goes through for you both :)

The pinz would fit, you'd just have to go fast enough :P

As for the floor, easy to refurbish if you don't lift it, just hire a floor sander (and don't leave it in position and running or you get a nice curved groove...) as a palm sander for the edges.

Still a faff, but not bad. I bought ours in boxes, and had about 16 square metres to cut down, sand, clean the bitumen off and lay, and then some more cutting for final fit.

Worst job I've ever done. Soul destroying monotony.

Edit, it looks brilliant though :)

New year's res time: I need a car license.

It's been a blast being exclusively a biker for so long, but I don't think I can do many more winters without more wheels and some heating.

Also, I want something daft. Possibly a movie replica car. Jurassic park jeep wrangler or something. It'll be a fun project.

I'm stuck with 130 year old floorboards.

Can't really change it.

A Pinz with the windscreen and hoop folded is about the same height as the Corrado.

I have a palm sander and a belt sander.

Plus all the saws.

Then you're stuck with gold. Sand them and show them. We have similar, (only 94 years old), but some twat has butchered them with a power saw to solve damp and in another room to cut a hatch. If I ever met him I would properly *fruitcage* him up. (But it allowed me to make a hidden hatch in parquet floor and it looks like a proper thing from bond or something. A true hidden door.

New year's res time: I need a car license.

It's been a blast being exclusively a biker for so long, but I don't think I can do many more winters without more wheels and some heating.

Also, I want something daft. Possibly a movie replica car. Jurassic park jeep wrangler or something. It'll be a fun project.

Always thought you could drive, just had a bike as main transport. Supposition in my part, but, and apologies for this, I thought basically anyone who had a bike ticket already had a car ticket. And to quote under siege 2, assumption is the mother of all *fruitcage*-ups... :P

CAN YOU NOT JUST WAIT TILL NEXT NEXT YEAR?

goddamnit.

another potential customer gone :(

You can't teach the world bud. It's like Pokemon, you can't catch them all!

I feel I'm somewhat outside your catchment area. ;)

The corrado will arrive outside your house in the blink of an eye. Driving Instructor man arrives in a flash!

Edit cos .

Window down etc you’re good to go then stunt! :) happy to give space if you need it! And thanks for the offer on trades people help I’ll keep it in mind!

Still going through the processes should know by the end of the week apparently but im not holding out much hope, it is Christmas after all!

Also to top off a cracking month it looks like my wife has been offered a new job, huge pay increase and more flexible hours with a better title. All in all this year has been pretty good in general to be honest!

You can't teach the world bud. It's like Pokemon, you can't catch them all!!

Well not with that attitude you can't! Just you wait!

The corrado will arrive outside your house in the blink of an eye. Driving Instructor man arrives in a flash!

You think I'd let plebs drive the corrodo? No mate, that's saved for special occasions, and the inevitable advanced driving courses I'll be offering once the business is big enough to have staff to teach boggo driving for me... ;)

Then you're stuck with gold. Sand them and show them. We have similar, (only 94 years old), but some twat has butchered them with a power saw to solve damp and in another room to cut a hatch. If I ever met him I would properly *fruitcage* him up. (But it allowed me to make a hidden hatch in parquet floor and it looks like a proper thing from bond or something. A true hidden door.

Damn, I want about three square meters of recycled old floorboards (or pretty much any smooth, weathered wood planks), for purposes. Also, woodworking tools, particularly a power saw of some kind.

Damn, I want about three square meters of recycled old floorboards (or pretty much any smooth, weathered wood planks), for purposes. Also, woodworking tools, particularly a power saw of some kind.

Have a look at pallet wood. I purposely keep some outside to weather it, and then dry it and make stuff with it.

Not always ideal, but usually free.

Cheap tools are all over eBay too, I've had a few off there :)

Well, I could grab a couple of things from Castorama, considering that the dremel knockoff I bought there is still miraculously working, and ransack whatever's left in my parents' shed after they brought grandpa's supply of scrap lumber years ago.

Too bad my former flatmate can't afford to replace the flooring in her flat before she inevitably flips it, as that thing is pretty much exactly what I need, and I could help her get rid of it...

What Hitman said, some of the treatment chemicals in pallets and such are seriously icky. And unless you  get the pallets from someone who has a good idea what their pallets are, it's better to just leave the pallets to be someone else's headache.

Same thing with shipping containers... Sure you can get one (relatively) cheap, but unless you know exactly what it has, it's better to steer well clear of one, rather than risk the... fun... effects from say, mercury poisoning...

Every single one of them has been butchered.

There might be enough good ones in the entire house to floor one of the small rooms nicely.

Might.

ISO containers?

I have a nice half-size at work that has only ever been used to contain explosives and contaminated waste oil.

I keep my lunch in it.

Archived