Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, yes. Although I'm too poor to enjoy burning fuel for high performance any more, I have to keep things economical to try to save money.

In other good news, though, apparently the mobility people have increased the rebate they give for returning the car in good condition to £500. They aren't any faster at paying it, but it'll definitely be handy when it turns up.

Always fancied a field gun for the backyard, purely to spook out the golfers that try to hop the fence or worse drive into it via the neighbors fenceless yard....

Finally figured out why the bizon gearbox would not work, it was the sodden selector bits.  Managed to glue the peg to the lever and it so far works (I think) so no to having to pay near 30 dollars for an ics one (I wish stateside shops would stock those more often and cheaper).  Ordered some bits from my favorite shop and hopefully will get the gearbox up to snuff for the games in April.  Not so bad if the cart amount was less than a day's worth of work right?

I also got to pry off something that was stuck to kitchen wall (little shelve platform that this decades old island platform mother always hated) with a pry bar, fun times.

After being fed up of not having enough fridge space and therefore pretty much living on a diet of microwave rice with sauce and takeaways (among other glorious cupboard staples) I've invested in an undercounter fridge by selling some of my company shares.

Looking forward to getting back into cooking fresh food (and also then prepping stuff up again for freezing) and having non-miserable meals again.

If you have access to a freezer, what I find really handy is Iceland's pre cooked sliced chicken breast.  It's really handy to keep in the freezer and then just weigh out a portion and defrost a couple of hours before you want to eat.  It might sound a bit rank but it's actually pretty decent.   Add to some rice, couscous, fajitas etc for a quick, easy meal.

Yup.  It's like a 10 minute prep/cook time whilst you wait for the rice or whatever to cook.  Just heat up the chicken, vegetables etc in a frying pan, add some seasoning and you're done.

I do like fresh chicken breasts too from MuscleFood but it's handy to have the pre cooked stuff when you forget to get a breast out of the freezer the night before.

2 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

If you have access to a freezer, what I find really handy is Iceland's pre cooked sliced chicken breast.  It's really handy to keep in the freezer and then just weigh out a portion and defrost a couple of hours before you want to eat.  It might sound a bit rank but it's actually pretty decent.   Add to some rice, couscous, fajitas etc for a quick, easy meal.

I'll look into this. We don't have lots of freezer space or much room to add one unfortunately but always worth looking into, especially for myself as I'll only be cooking for me normally.

And I work for Wetherspoon (really reconsidering this given the owner of the company being such a massive moron) so sure I've had worse. ;)

Yep, muscle food is really good. 

We are lucky, and have a massive chest freezer in the garage. 20 kilos of chicken Breast doesn't even make a debt in it, so we order loads and batch cook. 

If you have the room to freeze a few meals, do it. You're already cooking anyway, so just double or triple the portions and you have quick meals in the week. 

Be advised though, muscle food needs separating and bagging before you freeze it, they come vac sealed in something like 5kg packs. 

I figured someone would have at least entertained the notion of making a PSL, though seeing as how SVDs are not flying off the shelves I can see why something more obscure would be less likely.  Not a whole lot of "battle rifle/dmr" options for Rusfor in the end.  I just like stuff with either giant mags or pain in the *albartroth* ones I guess.

Speaking off, I decided to attempt to chrono the bizon indoors after getting it working and it seems to be shooting under 350 fps now with the sorbo pad and whatnot installed (and probably worse airseal now somehow), which works for me since before I couldn't clear buildings with it still.

Just yesterday I was watching some Japanese airsoft vids (from the Team Upi Upi group) and saw two things that made me smile.  An "AA-36" which as the name suggests is three aa-12's combined into one trigger unit/grip with an external battery compartment under the stocks (sadly fed only from the standard box mags) and another from the same event that was two aa-12's combined together with a bipod acting as a pillbox basically.  It got me to thinking why TM doesn't make lmg/gpmg models with the same setup as their aa12s, as the volume of projectiles going out feels more like a suppression factor, and most of said models have the bulk/weight to justify it.  I understand why folks would rather just hpa their support replicas instead (unless you're that one guy who already hpa'd an aa-12) for all the range and whatnot, but I really think this might offer a new flavor of play to the role perhaps.

I got my svd running again after it ate a piston. 

Had to dremel a piston to get it to fit, but now the gearbox is running like a champ.

Not happy with the hop though. What's good rubber wise these days? 

3 minutes ago, scorch said:

I got my svd running again after it ate a piston. 

Had to dremel a piston to get it to fit, but now the gearbox is running like a champ.

Not happy with the hop though. What's good rubber wise these days? 

Maple Leaf AEG Super hop up rubbers are good.

As for the PSL - I've been entertaining the idea of converting my old CYMA RPK into a PSL-esque thing by cutting the barrel down to 20" and cutting the receiver to accept modified FAL magazines.

6 hours ago, DarkLite said:

Maple Leaf AEG Super hop up rubbers are good.

Better than the macaron? That's what's in it at the minute. Unless they require a run-in of several thousand and I'm just not there yet.

Archived