Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Started the day with a bacon sandwich and some maple and pecan coffee that the gf bought me from the local coffee merchant.

If anyone tries to spoil my day I swear I will nail them to a god damn tree.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the power go out last night and not come back on till near noon, basement flooded, and the rest of my day off was buggered with "chores" from the family. 

So I went and downloaded the sequel to Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS earlier and then played for several hours.

Much better day in the end.

Not much to be honest, went to my local GW after a fair few months of not bothering and won both games by a substantial amount. Still not a reason for me to go back, if you thought all the elitist and *rickrolls* were bad in airsoft try this hobby. At least they can't shoot at you with hot guns or belittle you for your kit but at least many airsofters are not fat spotty 18yr olds that have only ever seen women on the internet and sunlight through the attic window.

'FireKnife'

Maybe he is just changing his grip to a more comfortable position from which to facilitate a mag change, and the helmet strap may be a load of *badger*s and not fit properly, much like half the straps on a little gem called the Mk6 that was issued to the British Army for about 20 years.

We just don't know.

Or he may just be Peruvian UOTC.

I never had any problems with the straps on my Mk6, Mk6A, Mk7 or Para Lightweight helmets. I used the adjusters to achieve a decent fit and then taped them off so they wouldn't move.

And you shouldn't need to remove your hand from the pistol-grip (or equivalent) to change mags.

On my first Mark 6 I had no problems, on the second one, I could just never get it to fit properly, third one was fine, I know I wasn't the only one with the problem. Mk7 was fine though, no dramas there.

And I'm not au fait with Peruvian weapon handling drills, so I don't know if you would take your hand off or not. I'm simply suggesting that perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to judge an army based upon a picture of one soldier about which we know nothing.

I know exactly nothing about how Peru trains its armed forces, but if they're training them to take their trigger hand off the rifle to change magazines, they're doing something wrong. That's just bad drills.

I wasn't judging Peru's armed forces by that picture, I was just mocking that guy with his ultra-high-tech rifle and no clue what to do with it...

The other guy has his finger on the trigger. Maybe he's saying "if you don't fix your strap, and grip your rifle correctly, am gonna rearrange your brain juice".

Or they could both be models hired for the shoot. No pun intended.

Oddly enough while I have that many guns I have so few spare parts. I think it boils down to:

1. They are all TM so I don't expect them to break running Ultra all year round.

2. If one happens to break it will be fixed by buying in a spare part or using it as a spares gun.

While I see why people have a bits box I never needed one personally. I think in total I have one spare inner barrel that is old and some extra grips which look funky.

'FireKnife'

Archived