Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

I can picture him mincing through the woodland at this moment with his squeaking leather load out .. Lol

I really don't want to know why you are thinking about that :P

Either way leather trousers for £14? Is that because they are missing a big section around the rear? ;)

'FireKnife'

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That man must be the exception that proves the rule.

I still live in hope that there is an Audi Executive style car driver out there, somewhere, that isn't a complete *Ubar*

This correction I find it about right. The new smaller Audis are just like everyone else it seems but it is the executive ones, the four seaters that are the size of some people carriers that cause the issues, along with 90% of taxis, all white vans, most people carriers and 4x4s driven by people that can't handle them or have no use for them and finally motorbike riders that give all the others a bad name by driving too fast like jebends.

Sadly passing a test to drive is not that hard lets face it and that means any gormless moron can do it. I do think aside from the old, young and disabled along with those using it for convenience what about those few that have the money but can't drive, what exactly is stopping them (que Twilight Zone or Sweet Home Alabahma to taste :P).

'FireKnife'

all white vans

Oi! I drive one, and I'm not a *Ubar*.

I'm confident, and if its my right of way I go, even if it forces others to move over, but only if its my right of way. If not, I've been known to sit 10 minutes letting cars through if there's no space for me to nip through.

Agreed on all taxis though. Never indicate, and pull out without looking. All. The. Time.

Nearly twatted one the other week, I was on a mini roundabout, and one pulled out in front of me. He saw me not stopping, gunned it, then stopped on the middle of the roundabout, got a lot and gave me a load of abuse for 'aiming at him'. Something 20 odd feet long doesn't go round roundabouts, it goes over them, and I was already in this process of doing so, so wasn't 'aiming'.

The abuse I got was unbelievable considering he was gambling his *suitcasey* mondeo and life against 3.5 tons of metal doing 30mph...

Mind you, 17 years of working on building sites meant I could reply with some choice words of my own. The *fruitcage*. I *fruitcage* hate cabbies.

Leather trousers - much better in theory than practise....

Those are motorbike leathers, not fetish ones...

Anyway, turns out I didn't buy them because the daft bint posted the same auction twice, and called me today to ask for my bank account so she can refund me (this auction site, as opposed to eBay, doesn't use Paypal). But what the hell, I bought another pair for 16 quid. As long as I'm not paying more than 20 quid it's cool.

Oi! I drive one, and I'm not a *Ubar*.

I'm confident, and if its my right of way I go, even if it forces others to move over, but only if its my right of way. If not, I've been known to sit 10 minutes letting cars through if there's no space for me to nip through.

Agreed on all taxis though. Never indicate, and pull out without looking. All. The. Time.

Nearly twatted one the other week, I was on a mini roundabout, and one pulled out in front of me. He saw me not stopping, gunned it, then stopped on the middle of the roundabout, got a lot and gave me a load of abuse for 'aiming at him'. Something 20 odd feet long doesn't go round roundabouts, it goes over them, and I was already in this process of doing so, so wasn't 'aiming'.

The abuse I got was unbelievable considering he was gambling his *suitcasey* mondeo and life against 3.5 tons of metal doing 30mph...

Mind you, 17 years of working on building sites meant I could reply with some choice words of my own. The *fruitcage*. I *fruitcage* hate cabbies.

I am a white van driver as well as a car , motorbike , people carrier and occasionaly a cyclist . I agree with the black cab comments , most don't indicate , u turn on zig zags , stop on blind corners , junctions , when I get abuse from them I pull across their path . And tell them about themselves and then some . Fff ing oxygen theiving muggy *Ubarflock* , the majority of them , and ignorant as sin ..

My other pet hate is middle aged arrogant cyclists who think they can ride where they like , most haven't even read a copy of the Highway Code. They jump lights , swerve through people on zebra crossings , cut up inside lorrys turning left and jump on and off the pavement oblivious to whoever may be in their way . Whilst chatting on the phone or listening to their headphones .

When you get knocked off , try thinking back to what a mug you are ....and don't bother trying to post in the local paper to slate off normal good drivers to gain another shut off road or cycle lane that you never bloody use ..lorry drivers are professional drivers not mind readers . Try learning road positioning the same way everyone else who passed their driving test had to ....

Some cyclists are wankers, yes.

However one of the best pro-cycling campaigns i've seen acknowledges this - Same Rights, Same Rules. (that is to say, yes, you can use the same bit of road as motorbikes, cars, vans busses and lorries, but you've got to stop at red lights and indicate and not be a *rickroll*.)

My job is teaching people to drive trucks and I ride a bike.

The confused looks I get when I stop at traffic lights are hilarious, I also have lights, reflectors, proper equipment and a helmet.

I don't ride on pavements, I don't run through lights, I certainly don't undertake trucks but I will take the whole lane if I need it

However, in terms of relative risk I think car drivers have a lot more to answer for.

A sensible cyclist will injure nobody - a careless cyclist can only really kill themselves or lightly hurt others.

I have only ever injured one person on my bike and that was a stupid woman who stepped out in front of me and got head-butted as I slammed on my front brakes.

I have read about a pedestrian that was killed by a cyclist but that is less likely than being killed by a vending machine.

I have, however, been frequently put in situations that would have killed or seriously injured someone with slightly worse reflexes.

Had a van pull out of a side street into me in broad daylight.

Had a truck overtaking me on a hill pull in too early and push me off the road - twice.

Been hit from behind by a man in a car who "didn't see me".

Had a van driver take me out with his door as I rode past.

All sorts.

When you do a CPCS test there is a question asking why plant operators are "safety critical" workers.

The answer is that their actions in the machine have the potential to do a lot more harm that a dude with a shovel.

Road users are the same, as modern cars isolate the user from the road more and more the users will have to work harder to remember that they are driving a lethal weapon.

On the subject of Shnitzel though - I am probably going to buy a 2013 Kona Rove next week - I'm very excited.

Also, the word zaftig.

Awesome.

I was walking with my daughter the other day and saw a jogger coming towards me. I moved out of his way, and as he passed, I heard a tired "thanks". Another time, I was about to cross the road, stopped, as there was a car coming. Stepped back, nearly getting ran over by a cyclist, who decided the cycle lane wasn't for them. I did hear a swear word (from the cyclist) but the other person he nearly ran over, responded accordingly (I won't post what she said, as it made me cringe).

There are good cyclist, but as always, the bad ones are more memorable. Which is a shame.

Edit:- forgot to put what I intended. Heard today (probably ten minutes ago) that a friends cancer is in remission, finally a bit of good news for them (they've been through a lot in the past year).

I have noticed that nationality has a lot to do with how people drive in the uk , mediteraneans tend to be arrogant and hot headed , Jewish women tend to park badly or double park without a care in the world for other road users ,( probably due to the people carriers they drive ) the list goes on and on .

I think the uks roads are a hell of a melting pot of different drivers , some are good and some truly atrocious . Problem nowadays is the lack of policing for the lawbreakers / bad drivers . On an average day driving through london and the surrounding areas I actually lose count of the amount of driving offences I see , some outright dangerous and life threatening . If the goverment wanted to make money they should start fining the worst offenders , we would be out of the deficit in no time at all !!

After some near misses with idiots who seem intent on trying to crash into me recently.  I have started to record my journeys on my phone with a black box type application.  It's amazing the amount of poor and dangerous driving on display in an average day.

I wonder should someone be so inclined to hand over dashcam footage to the police whether they would do anything about it.  I mean, laws are being broken, on video with number plates visible e.t.c. nice and easy arrests for them...

Mobile phones , parking on zig, zags . Jumping lights, overtaking on chamfer markings, driving up one way streets , tailgating , undertaking , , backing out of sideroads just a normal day driving in london , its a miracle there are not more crashes than are recorded . And to put the icing in the cake cyclists riding the wrong way up one way streets to add to the mayhem . Gotta love boris,s logic on that one .. he has obviously never been a vehicle driver . .. Its even more fun when they do it at nighttime with no lights on their bikes ...

Archived