Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Maybe its just a london thing , but you can really notice my generalisations when you drive through areas that are predominantly occupied by different races . Ie southall , golders green , south gate / green lanes , Stamford hill , Brixton , hounslow etc .

Its a bit like going to other country's and noticing the change in driving styles , attitudes . I am not trying to generalise in a racist way or pick holes in people , its the fact it is really noticeable as people's road manners / driving styles change ,according to areas . . Its really noticeable with parking etiquette ,people giving way , and road rage ..

fair play, i see your point. wasnt accusing you of racism btw, the crowd who start screeching "OMG DATS RAYSIST!" at the tiniest thing (often not even remotely racist) annoy me nearly as much as the actual racists.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dare I ask how much they cost , or will I need to sit down first ...

Not too bad, they come in 1, 2, 3 and 11 flavours.

1 are £30

2 are £70

3 are £95

11 are £380

Mine are 3s but were £60

I might get titanium spindles and end caps for them - down the road.

Damn man, I need to take a lesson out of your book! Good work. :)

That's ADF mate - works a treat.

I have gone off alternating days and onto fasting on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will be doing some exercise now to drop the last stone and a half...

That's not a bike pedal.

This is a bike pedal:

DSC00193_MED.JPG

EDIT: Incidentally, if you're ever curious what your shin bone looks like, all you need to do is *fruitcage* up a trick on a BMX with a pair of Hutch Bear trap pedals.

They're not bad but when I was doing DS and freeride back in my old MTB days I had pedals called:

Brooklyn Machine Works Shinburgers.

http://www.brooklynmachineworks.co.uk/closeups.html?image=pedal3.jpg

I know what my shin bones look like thank you.

EDIT: Incidentally, if you're ever curious what your shin bone looks like, all you need to do is *fruitcage* up a trick on a BMX with a pair of Hutch Bear trap pedals.

I once saw someone slide under a metal security fence that was just high enough to let his leg slide through but not the skin on his shin.  Nasty.

Anyway.  What made me chuckle today was seeing a Volvo with racing stripes.  And someone walking around talking on their phone on a hands free kit.  Phone in one hand, microphone in the other lol.

Volvo's are legitimate sports cars. Seriously, some of the old turbo's are STILL fast, even by today's standards.

What made me happy today?

Weighed myself, 120kg with clothes on. Apparently i only need to drop about 5kg to be classed as 'overweight' and not 'obese' according to the BMI thingo.

So yeah, that's happening. :)

Weighed myself, 120kg with clothes on. Apparently i only need to drop about 5kg to be classed as 'overweight' and not 'obese' according to the BMI thingo.

So yeah, that's happening. :)

Of course, you do know that BMI is a load of old balls, right?

Without a volumetric tank measurement of the actual amount of space your body takes up, weight and height aren't enough to calculate anything useful.

I've seen the fittest people you could ever meet be classified as obese on their BMI, when there wasn't a spare gram of fat anywhere on them. You know, the kind of people who do cross country marathon bike rides from London to Edinburgh in few days, just for a laugh....

It's madness.

They're not bad but when I was doing DS and freeride back in my old MTB days I had pedals called:

Brooklyn Machine Works Shinburgers.

http://www.brooklynmachineworks.co.uk/closeups.html?image=pedal3.jpg

I know what my shin bones look like thank you.

Those look like some gorgeous pedals.

Are they heavy? They look like they're made of black iron.

Of course, you do know that BMI is a load of old balls, right?

Without a volumetric tank measurement of the actual amount of space your body takes up, weight and height aren't enough to calculate anything useful.

I've seen the fittest people you could ever meet be classified as obese on their BMI, when there wasn't a spare gram of fat anywhere on them. You know, the kind of people who do cross country marathon bike rides from London to Edinburgh in few days, just for a laugh....

It's madness.

Oh yeah, i know that. But still, would be nice for the doctors to not tut at me every time i have to visit them.

Back in the days when I first joined up, I ran between 8-13 miles every day and could swim 250 lengths of an Olympic swimming pool without stopping other than for a two minute water break every 70 odd lengths. My BMI then was 26-27 which is 'overweight'.

Admittedly, now I'm a fatboy. But the point is, BMI in some cases is a load of *suitcase*.

Admittedly, now I'm a fatboy. But the point is, BMI in all cases is a load of *suitcase*.

Lets face it, it really is. I am classed as average heading towards overweight but when I do the whole individual mass and what is muscle over fat etc I am fine, perhaps a percent or two more fat than I need but otherwise fine. BMI makes me look heavier than I am but doing it properly puts me at less than what the BMI claims.

I am sure there might be the one or two people that it is exact for but it all feels like awful guesswork to me.

As for what made me happy today knowing that I am away to take up archery tomorrow, should be a lot of fun.

'FireKnife'

Well, BMI is based on Statistics, and we all know what Statistics amount to. BS with a nice packaging. :D

What made me smile today? The reaction from a friend in States when I remembered their birthday and sent them some chocolates.

The key part is, of course, that muscle weighs more, and is more dense, than fat. So if you're very well muscled, you weigh more, your height is the same so the BMI chart, which only compares height and weight, puts you higher up the scale towards obesity.

Which wouldn't be so much of a problem if the idiots who use the thing would open their eyes and look at the person they're talking to - if they look like a rugby player or an athlete, then it should just be ignored. If they look like a big puddle of goo, then they might be onto something.

The problem is, BMI was designed so people could make snap decisions based on very very little information, and it is reasonably useful for such situations. If you were, say, conscripting 10,000 people into the army in an emergency, you could narrow down your choices extremely quickly using BMI. Sure, some physical prodigies will escape and some weaklings let in, but on a whole, it would be a good indicator.

However in any situation where the person is present, it can always be substituted for just actually looking at the person and going 'you are/n't fat'

Those look like some gorgeous pedals.

Are they heavy? They look like they're made of black iron.

They were ally.

The spikes look like they were created by drilling two rows of holes in the metal at 90° to each other.

Also, BMI.

Every time I have ever spoken to a medical professional about BMI they have asked me a series of questions to establish whether it applies in my case.

Furthermore it it recommended that you use it in tandem with other measurements like waist size.

For example, if you have a BMI of 30 and your waist is 44 inches you are very fat and you need to lose weight.

If you have a BMI of 30 and your waist size is 30 inches you are very muscled and you need to enter mr universe.

The problem is the creeping acceptance (possibly in the name of politeness) of fatness as OK.

I am fat, I am 186 cm tall and I weigh 98.5 Kg.

That gives me a BMI of 28.5 - overweight.

I am muscular, sure. I can lift heavy things.

However I am definitely fat.

Most of my friends see that I have dropped down from 126Kg though and say "you look fine now, you should lay off the diet".

I am not anorexic, I am still fat.

It seems there is a huge grey area between what people think of as unrealistically thin - pointless six pack, chiselled abs, 3% body fat and what people think of a fat - those scooter twins.

I remember when I was young fat was if you could "pinch an inch".

BMI is very strange. I had a Boy Scout camp a few years ago and had to get an annual physical.

I was informed in was underweight and my BMI was too low. The doc told to go home and drink protein shake. Strangest advice I have ever received.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They were ally.

Also, BMI.

Every time I have ever spoken to a medical professional about BMI they have asked me a series of questions to establish whether it applies in my case.

Furthermore it it recommended that you use it in tandem with other measurements like waist size.

Same here, every job I have had a medical has asked such questions, as did my forces medical questionnaire if I recall correctly.

The problem is the creeping acceptance (possibly in the name of politeness) of fatness as OK.

It depends really. Its certainly not medical professionals accepting obesity. Activists in the fat acceptance movement (their words, not mine) have caused me some severe palm to face motions when they have been offended by others trying to eat healthy and exercise. I had a formerly close friend fall out with me when she decided to embrace her ever growing waistline and I was doing the opposite and battering the gym. I never once said anything about her weight, it was her choice and she seemed happy with it, but she kicked off with me because I thought that I was getting a bit fat and needed to lose some weight and felt that I was having a go at her for being fat by choosing to do this. Apparently health risks associated with obesity are all propaganda by the media in order to sell false images of what people should be like or some such utter *suitcase*. I also had a girlfriend who saw my weightloss goals as a subtle dig at her when it was nothing of the sort. It didn't last long.

As much as I hate to sound like Baddbaz, it's all the PC rubbish which says we have to be nice to everyone and accept them for who they are as long as they aren't ginger, then they are fair game.

I am fat, I am 186 cm tall and I weigh 98.5 Kg.

That gives me a BMI of 28.5 - overweight.

I am muscular, sure. I can lift heavy things.

However I am definitely fat.

Most of my friends see that I have dropped down from 126Kg though and say "you look fine now, you should lay off the diet".

I am not anorexic, I am still fat.

It seems there is a huge grey area between what people think of as unrealistically thin - pointless six pack, chiselled abs, 3% body fat and what people think of a fat - those scooter twins.

I remember when I was young fat was if you could "pinch an inch".

You know your goal and stick with it. I realised those who were saying stuff like 'well done, you are looking great now stop' thought they were being nice and helpful and being encouraging but it just made me angry. I had a goal and I hadn't achieved it yet so what right had these people to say I looked fine? Same with (fat) people who couldn't see why I wanted to lose weight in the first place, saying I was fine the way I was and didn't need to lose weight. *badger*s. Why are you trying to keep me at less than I can be? I'd rather they encouraged me by calling me a fat *bramston pickle*, at least it would be more honest.

My views on weight and size are simple.

If you're happy with your body and accept any health risks then fine, carry on as you are, if not then do something about it. The only overweight people I have a problem with are the ones who moan about being fat and yet still refuse to exercise and stop eating *suitcase*

Yeah, the other thing is with women.

You get these women who get all militant about how society and the media are presenting a false image of femininity and how it is OK to be curvy.

Check this out:

post-18344-0-25423700-1375611360_thumb.jpg

On the left is a real woman, on the right is a false image of femininity, I'll buy that.

post-18344-0-47675400-1375611394_thumb.jpg

All the women in this picture are OK, the one on the left could probably do with putting a couple of pounds on but not in an unhealty way, she just has a small frame.

post-18344-0-94367600-1375611557_thumb.jpg

I like this - POW.

However, you do get al awful lot of really fat women who are risking their health and longevity with their body condition who seem to tag onto this band wagon.

Women who say: "I'm 5'2" and 18 stone but women are supposed to be curvy, I'm beautiful."

Possibly, but you are also really fat.  Do something about it.

Curvy means out, in and out again, bust, waist and hips.

Not OOOOoooooooout then IIIIIiiiiiiiin, no matter what size you are you should have a waist.  And ankles.

Archived