Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn it, that reminds me that I saw a GBC for about £10 the other day. Was sorely tempted to get it until I reminded myself that many GB games from the older big style cartridges have internal batteries for saves that have mostly died out now. I wanted my nostalgic Pokemon fix without the need for more emulation.

'FireKnife'

If you cannot hum this, you haven't played advance wars enough.  Heck, I even wrote my own CO long ago.

By last one, I mean the doomsday one.  Only one I never bothered to finish.

Sigh, I want to "liberate" the world again, by drowning the field in heavy tanks and artillery...

Going to have to listen to all the music again.

I finally figured out how to unlock Sturm for #1 and I am actually surprised at how weak he is. All his power is defensive and the CO power of meteor strike is not as powerful in VS mode as in the final campaign mission. Beating the Advance campaign is currently the thorn in my side. Darn Kanbei is too over powered for pre-deployed missions. His only weakness of high unit cost is irrelevant.

Sturm is considered powerful if used in such a defensive way.  You basically got to exploit his terrain movement benefits (If I recall correctly, even applies with weather).  http://advancewars.wikia.com/wiki/Sturm

Kanbei is the Colin of the first game (a bit ironic considering they are polar opposites), if all else fails use him (I take it you can't use him though versus himself?).  Also remember the age old strategy of meat shielding.

Once you do beat the advance campaign, break out the gamegenie/codeshark and laugh maniacally as you edit campaign maps to give you an overwhelming force.

Come on IS, make a proper new game.  Would be nice to use the tablet on the wii u and then have the battle scenes on the tv screen.  Another handheld game is a must though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-DDFLAvYN4

This made me die of laughter if you like advance wars. 

I have to admit, Sturm is a powerful force with lots of mountains and forests around. The ability to cross the terrain at the same cost is a big bonus. I believe it applies unless it snows. (Either through Olaf's power or normal weather)

Nintendo should make one for the Wii U. If they made a proper game with a good story line I would purchase a Wii U just for the sake of the AW game. 

Sturm is considered powerful if used in such a defensive way.  You basically got to exploit his terrain movement benefits (If I recall correctly, even applies with weather).  http://advancewars.wikia.com/wiki/Sturm

Kanbei is the Colin of the first game (a bit ironic considering they are polar opposites), if all else fails use him (I take it you can't use him though versus himself?).  Also remember the age old strategy of meat shielding.

Once you do beat the advance campaign, break out the gamegenie/codeshark and laugh maniacally as you edit campaign maps to give you an overwhelming force.

Come on IS, make a proper new game.  Would be nice to use the tablet on the wii u and then have the battle scenes on the tv screen.  Another handheld game is a must though.

Yeah I tried that, but it is the those missions where you gotta capture the properties within a certain number of days. In the adv one he is stacked with air units and thats the only way to stop him from capturing stuff. 

Mmmm.

My day started well, I was up at 5 for a bike ride (27mi) then the endorphins kept me happy for most of the morning.

The guys I am teaching are really switched on so life is easy at the moment.

It took a while for the screw-ups of the others to take the edge off.

So, whilst I was helping my mother with cleaning the house (dad is bringing someone over to help with his CPL class tomorrow, kinda want to rant about it too), she said something about our "source" having a ps4 on hold already.

I almost fell down laughing.  Can you imagine the utter rage if I got it right now and put pics up?

Plus burning out people's retinas with my new 2000+ lumen bike light.

No more will I be driven into the hedges by cars who don't dip their headlights for cyclists.

Rude drivers will get a taste of their own medicine.

I just couldn't do it, I had to aim the thing down.  I couldn't even stomach the idea of being that much of a *Ubar*.

Even to people who deserved it.

I was thinking of getting a second light for my helmet and setting it to a tight beam so if needed to I could look at the drivers and destroy them but I'm too nice to do that either...

My cap arrived today.

This sticker was on it, and I have no idea what it means. A quick Google search turns up the fact that nobody else knows either.

If this mysterious sticker is the reason it was delayed in the states for a week, then I'd quite like to know why.

2012-07-26+12.46.41.jpg

Ooh, what light?

Just chinese junk with a home-made battery pack, emmitters are all the same anyway.

I took a chance on one with an aspheric lens and it is pretty bad-*albatross*.

Problem is, due to the chinese connection the focus mechanism makes a slight tinny rattle.

All

The

Time

I think that sticker means that you bought the item from outside the EU but it was made inside the EU.

Therefore, normally a european product has no import duty but a european product bought from outside europe does?

Either that or it means "This parcel does not contain Turkey"

Archived