Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yesterday I saw a fat old guy wandering down the street in realtree trousers and shirt, with a 'native Indian' style jacket on. All he really needed was a baseball cap with 'MARINE VET' on it to confirm my suspicions that he may have been a yank. Seen it far too many times in airport departure lounges.

What size are you Scorch?

I have a flannel shirt (dickies) that doesn't fit due to my new smallness...

I asked my mum (expert on VAT) and it is a VAT thing.

Due to the explosion in distance selling the HMRC had to introduce a whole new schedule of VAT to try to sort out the mess.  It's relatively new so nobody quite knows what is going on.

It is either:

This thing is subject to VAT but has no CN-22, do something about it.

or

This thing looks like it should be subject to VAT but isn't, let it go.

Depends on whether you had to pay VAT/duty, she's going to look into it for me.

VAT is not payable on items coming into the UK from the EU that are for personal use and not for re-sale.

Even if it is a European thing that went to America and back you still have to pay VAT since it is imported from the USA.

The whole thing is a giant cluster *fruitcage*.

If I was in charge I would have the entire taxation system in the UK sorted by April 1st next year.

1. Abolish all tax that isn't income tax.

2. Set tax threshold at 12K (remember, no VAT so your money goes further.

3. Set income tax rate at 50% flat for everyone.

4. Change the job role of everybody who currently works in any capacity for any of the taxation agencies in the UK to:  "catch enough cheaters to pay your salary or you're fired".

The reason I need until April is to tweak the numbers so that they work and print out 60,000,000 pamphlets to explain to idiots what's going on.

Yeah, large is a lot smaller than XXXL (AKA great big fat *bramston pickle*).

This just gets weirder.

This new schedule works out that the sender collects the VAT then it goes into a pot then the pot is split up amongst the signatories of the treaty in a pre-defined ratio regardless of the actual quantities of things the denizens of the signatory countries buy.

So the sticker may mean, "whomever sent this owes us money".

Also, just testing:

Does this work?

Just chinese junk with a home-made battery pack, emmitters are all the same anyway.

I took a chance on one with an aspheric lens and it is pretty bad-*albatross*.

Problem is, due to the chinese connection the focus mechanism makes a slight tinny rattle.

All

The

Time

Chinese lights are hit and miss, it's always a gamble for the price. Aspheric lenses are great though when they are focused (which Chinese QC can mean not always).

I've just ordered one myself, looks like OEM for an LED lenser model. I paid 9 dollars delivered, as opposed to £32 ish plus postage.

I'll see how it is when it arrives...

Ken Box; just in time for Christmas.

Well damn it now I want one of those, would be epic for indoor games with some plating behind the box for mobile cover :(.

Also bought myself a 2DS, this makes me happy as no more stupid hinges, no more issues with 3D fail and it is a suprisingly comfortable bugger for a slab.

'FireKnife'

Ordered a WE P228 today. At JK Army, who got my previous order sorted out in a week from order to delivery (and that's using standard air mail), so I hope I'll get it next week.

I feel a post in the bitching thread coming on ;)

im in a good mood despite crashing into another cyclist, then getting hit by a car (only slightly) and losing my little red flasher light. I also got a killamanjaro in halo 4

Well, I am flailing hopelessy through my classes, but I got my monster hunter addiction back.  I suppose that is a good thing?

I only see fat people drink monster and tbh it doesn't look like they need the energy. so on the basis no thats not a good thing. drink some coffee like your grandparents did ;)

Archived